U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
 
Old 08-29-2011, 02:16 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
4,262 posts, read 4,135,809 times
Reputation: 2853

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Brrrrrrr



It's just an excuse for her to wear that awful faux fur
Just what I wanted to see...a loin cloth.

 
Old 08-29-2011, 03:15 PM
 
Location: gazing @ the Blue Ridge Mountains
10,025 posts, read 7,194,156 times
Reputation: 13872
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
I couldn't get over how ill behaved Teresa's children were in the supermarket. I mean putting your as% and sitting on food in the frozen food section. Her kids are all little, unruley, spolied brats with their gwady outfits that momma poo puts on them. Did anyone catch Teresa's new word "ingredientsess" or something like that. I was like, what the hell. Her husband has serious anger problems. Since I can't stand Teresa though and I think she is secretly in love with her brother and just jealous that he has a wife, I'm on team Melissa. I think her singing career is a joke and her "I love Jesus" act has got to go, but when she does her imitations of Teresa, I can't help but laugh bc they are dead on. Really though, can they all just stop pretending to like one another, stop forcing people to attend book signings and everything else and just accept that they don't like one another and there's nothing wrong with it.

reps to this post!!
 
Old 08-29-2011, 04:46 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
268 posts, read 302,764 times
Reputation: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
I couldn't get over how ill behaved Teresa's children were in the supermarket. I mean putting your as% and sitting on food in the frozen food section. Her kids are all little, unruley, spolied brats with their gwady outfits that momma poo puts on them. Did anyone catch Teresa's new word "ingredientsess" or something like that. I was like, what the hell. Her husband has serious anger problems. Since I can't stand Teresa though and I think she is secretly in love with her brother and just jealous that he has a wife, I'm on team Melissa. I think her singing career is a joke and her "I love Jesus" act has got to go, but when she does her imitations of Teresa, I can't help but laugh bc they are dead on. Really though, can they all just stop pretending to like one another, stop forcing people to attend book signings and everything else and just accept that they don't like one another and there's nothing wrong with it.

I have to rep this post. Although I won't say I can't stand Teresa, I have to say this season my feelings of her being "okay" have greatly diminished.

After watching this last episode I do believe that the issue(s) between the Guidices and the Gorgas is deeper than I originally thought. It appears the Teresa most have loaned her brother money to get himself started in his business.

Now what it seems to me is that Gorda has done better with his business and his investments and was able to give his wife a "The Life". I believe that Teresa may have felt envious of what her brother was able to give his wife and may have goaded or pushed Juicy to give her what her brother was able to give his wife.

Teresa pushed her brother's successes up in Joe's face and that was just fuel to the fire and the competition gets more intense: who has the better house, who has the better clothes, cars, etc. Unfortunately for Teresa and Juicy I believe this helped to lead to their financial troubles.

Although I don't think either of the Joes are braniacs I feel Gorga at least has a brain wave and he does not seem to be a lazy person (work-ethnic); Juicy does not possess either imo.

I believe at least at this point, Juicy may feel like a failure because of the financial difficulties and of course Gorga is the easy target, especially if there were underlying tensions prior to this.

This season is interesting to say the least.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 04:49 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
268 posts, read 302,764 times
Reputation: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
It's a clear bottle, but the water is black.

This is one of those products that would probably be best marketed initially to teenagers and the college aged demographic. If it does well in this demographic, it may "spillover" to a wider demographic.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 05:30 PM
 
Location: 500 miles from home
9,609 posts, read 4,816,028 times
Reputation: 8779
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me 82 View Post
I couldn't get over how ill behaved Teresa's children were in the supermarket. I mean putting your as% and sitting on food in the frozen food section. Her kids are all little, unruley, spolied brats with their gwady outfits that momma poo puts on them. Did anyone catch Teresa's new word "ingredientsess" or something like that. I was like, what the hell. Her husband has serious anger problems. Since I can't stand Teresa though and I think she is secretly in love with her brother and just jealous that he has a wife, I'm on team Melissa. I think her singing career is a joke and her "I love Jesus" act has got to go, but when she does her imitations of Teresa, I can't help but laugh bc they are dead on. Really though, can they all just stop pretending to like one another, stop forcing people to attend book signings and everything else and just accept that they don't like one another and there's nothing wrong with it.
I had to rep you for that one too!

I don't like Teresa at all this season and Melissa is right - if it's not HER moment, then it's no one's moment. She has to have all the attention wherever she goes - even the supermarket. (I may . . have a family member like this . .

I do think she does want to be close to her brother - but it's never going to happen because she's too jealous of his wife. And her husband is too jealous of her brother. They don't know how to just suck it up and make peace with it. Neither can stop getting their little digs in. It's sad for the kids because they obviously enjoy each other's company.

It seems that Joe and Melissa have given it a good try though; sad.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Southern California
3,116 posts, read 4,104,555 times
Reputation: 3513
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
This is one of those products that would probably be best marketed initially to teenagers and the college aged demographic. If it does well in this demographic, it may "spillover" to a wider demographic.
I agree. So maybe the makers should have approached the cast of Jersey Shore instead of the Jersey Housewives?

The other demographic it would appeal to is the the seriously health-conscious. I don't mean people like me who use spinach in salads instead of plain lettuce, and who try to eat as many blueberries as possible - I mean the SERIOUSLY health conscious who drive 100 miles to get water from a certain spring, and who eat a concoction of herbs at every meal, and who would get off on the fact that the water contains dead organic matter.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 05:52 PM
 
Location: Southern California
3,116 posts, read 4,104,555 times
Reputation: 3513
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYPeach View Post
After watching this last episode I do believe that the issue(s) between the Guidices and the Gorgas is deeper than I originally thought. It appears the Teresa most have loaned her brother money to get himself started in his business.

Now what it seems to me is that Gorda has done better with his business and his investments and was able to give his wife a "The Life". I believe that Teresa may have felt envious of what her brother was able to give his wife and may have goaded or pushed Juicy to give her what her brother was able to give his wife.

Teresa pushed her brother's successes up in Joe's face and that was just fuel to the fire and the competition gets more intense: who has the better house, who has the better clothes, cars, etc. Unfortunately for Teresa and Juicy I believe this helped to lead to their financial troubles.

Although I don't think either of the Joes are braniacs I feel Gorga at least has a brain wave and he does not seem to be a lazy person (work-ethnic); Juicy does not possess either imo.

I believe at least at this point, Juicy may feel like a failure because of the financial difficulties and of course Gorga is the easy target, especially if there were underlying tensions prior to this.

This season is interesting to say the least.
You've fit all the puzzle pieces together in the same way I have - it's definitely a more complex relationship than we're used to seeing on this show.

And to take a step in a slightly different direction, it's beginning to make more sense now why Teresa gets so irritated at Melissa. Melissa isn't the real problem - and Teresa knows that - but Melissa is like the symbol of everything that is currently wrong in Teresa's life. And on top of that Melissa needles Teresa, and pushes her buttons - which just makes Teresa even more irritated with her.

Bottom line, I don't think Teresa and Melissa will be okay, until Teresa gets over the hump in her personal life. Once Teresa feels back on track, and like she's in control again, Melissa won't get to her in the same way. But until then? It's kind of hopeless...

Good post NYPeach!
 
Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM
 
Location: NY
266 posts, read 281,263 times
Reputation: 512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I had to rep you for that one too!

I don't like Teresa at all this season and Melissa is right - if it's not HER moment, then it's no one's moment. She has to have all the attention wherever she goes - even the supermarket. (I may . . have a family member like this . .

I do think she does want to be close to her brother - but it's never going to happen because she's too jealous of his wife. And her husband is too jealous of her brother. They don't know how to just suck it up and make peace with it. Neither can stop getting their little digs in. It's sad for the kids because they obviously enjoy each other's company.

It seems that Joe and Melissa have given it a good try though; sad.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Atlanta
268 posts, read 302,764 times
Reputation: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
You've fit all the puzzle pieces together in the same way I have - it's definitely a more complex relationship than we're used to seeing on this show.

And to take a step in a slightly different direction, it's beginning to make more sense now why Teresa gets so irritated at Melissa. Melissa isn't the real problem - and Teresa knows that - but Melissa is like the symbol of everything that is currently wrong in Teresa's life. And on top of that Melissa needles Teresa, and pushes her buttons - which just makes Teresa even more irritated with her.

Bottom line, I don't think Teresa and Melissa will be okay, until Teresa gets over the hump in her personal life. Once Teresa feels back on track, and like she's in control again, Melissa won't get to her in the same way. But until then? It's kind of hopeless...

Good post NYPeach!
like your theory too.

Think of it like this too, every time Caroline and Jacqueline go to an event that is hosted by either Kathy or Melissa or the four of them hang out together and Teresa and/or Juicy do not attend...Teresa always has to say "Caroline and Jacqueline are my friends, no way they'd be friends with Melissa or Kathy (something to that effect). Teresa has said this more than once this season.

Teresa's insecurities or jealousy is not make her attractive at all--neither was that coat she was wearing to Lauren's grand opening either. If she keeps this up she will push Caroline and Jacqueline away.

Teresa needs to realize there is enough sun to shine on all of them. And to put Juicy in a cage for awhile too.
 
Old 08-29-2011, 07:01 PM
 
Location: Portland, OR
4,262 posts, read 4,135,809 times
Reputation: 2853
I really have no idea what to make of Teresa's brother. I know I don't care for Melissa. Gorga is trying and sick of the drama. I still have no clear picture of what the feud is all about. It's just as clear as Chris and Albie's water. The book signing did seem like a step in the right direction until the text message was brought up.

I was suprised to see Kathy and Rich at the book store and to see that go smoothly as well.

This is a one big confusing mess to me. Fred Flintstone (I'm sorry Guidice looks like Fred, not Barney! ) needs to lay off the booze. I bet you the alkie is the root of the problems.

He chipped his tooth and Milania (or is it Gia? They look alike to me) was crying about it?

Assley still needs to grow up.

Teresa says she her family eats healthy, yet they are buying frozen pigs in a blanket? Whatever.

Oh yeah am I the only one not suprised that Teresa still uses the word "ingrediences?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top