Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2011, 02:58 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,175,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkerP View Post
Good grief! Remind me to never be fat around Caroline. I wish they weren't taping season 4 while doing this reunion because there's fresh anger there that they can't even talk about. Pisses me off. I want to know the current drama dammit! lol
The one person who is supposed to tell you that you are beautiful no matter what is your mom. Anyone who has ever gained weight knows that they have gained weight, having their mother tell them they need to lose weight is not doing the child a service, it is only hurting her. Lauren seems DEEPLY insecure about her looks, women get like that when their mothers harass them about their looks, or weight. Lauren obviously knows if she needs to lose weight, her mother should be a safe haven from feeling ugly, not another negative voice.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 AM

23,817 posts, read 33,320,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The one person who is supposed to tell you that you are beautiful no matter what is your mom. Anyone who has ever gained weight knows that they have gained weight, having their mother tell them they need to lose weight is not doing the child a service, it is only hurting her. Lauren seems DEEPLY insecure about her looks, women get like that when their mothers harass them about their looks, or weight. Lauren obviously knows if she needs to lose weight, her mother should be a safe haven from feeling ugly, not another negative voice.
Some people just have a bad self-image; no matter what people say to them. I don't know their situation; but Caroline could have been supportive; then the show came along & they all wanted to lose weight but Lauren didn't. Could be Caroline is switching to tough love; I don't know.
I've been listening to my daughter not happy forever it seems & I've never been negative.

Caroline favors her boys. We're not seeing a piece of the puzzle.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,356,920 times
I finally watched the second half of the reunion tonight, and oh wow, it was hard to sit through. So much yelling and so many lies - just no fun at all to listen to.

If I was Andy, I would go looking for a couple of new women who are not related to the rest of cast - just to lighten up the show a little. I get that the BIG family drama is what makes this version of the franchise unique - but the family drama is so heavy now - I would just like to see them shake it up a little.

Old 10-27-2011, 03:03 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,175,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Some people just have a bad self-image; no matter what people say to them. I don't know their situation; but Caroline could have been supportive; then the show came along & they all wanted to lose weight but Lauren didn't. Could be Caroline is switching to tough love; I don't know.
I've been listening to my daughter not happy forever it seems & I've never been negative.

Caroline favors her boys. We're not seeing a piece of the puzzle.
I wasn't implying that it's all, or only the mother's fault if a girl hates her looks, I realize how strongly our culture encourages thinness, and beauty. My parents NEVER focused on looks, and refused to let me focus on them in their presence, but I still freak a little if I gain a few pounds. I don't believe that Caroline has been supportive all along, and is only now feeling the need to tell Lauren she needs to lose weight. No mother NEEDS to tell her daughter that she needs to lose weight, I guarentee a daughter already knows if she needs to lose weight, nobody needs to tell her, we all get enough of it from the culture that surrounds us.

It seems to me like many traditional old school mother's cater to their boys, but expect their girls to do everything on their own. The boys can do no wrong, but girls can never be perfect enough.

Last edited by detshen; 10-27-2011 at 03:11 PM..

Old 10-27-2011, 04:31 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,412,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Absolutely agree with this. I did not agree with her statement to the effect of . . well, I can't tell her she is beautiful if she needs to lose weight.

My opinion of Caroline is on the fence this season. I don't think she's the all knowing/wise/person that she has portrayed herself to be thus far. I would not be calling her radio show for advice; I don't believe.

Seems like after watching this season AND both reunion shows - she has some issues of her own she could address.

My favorite this season has been Kathy.

Old 10-27-2011, 05:56 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,355,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Absolutely agree with this. I did not agree with her statement to the effect of . . well, I can't tell her she is beautiful if she needs to lose weight.

My opinion of Caroline is on the fence this season. I don't think she's the all knowing/wise/person that she has portrayed herself to be thus far. I would not be calling her radio show for advice; I don't believe.

Seems like after watching this season AND both reunion shows - she has some issues of her own she could address.

My favorite this season has been Kathy.
I couldn't believe she said that about her daughter either!!! On national TV! Gosh, I wonder how her daughter is going to feel watching that. I also feel like if it had been someone besides her son opening a car wash with strippers, she would be spouting off about how immoral it was. She also said something like she had been trying to break away from Teresa's friendship for 2 years. Really?, because during the past 2 years I don't know how many times I've heard her say (about Teresa & family) "We're family". Of course she says that about people after just meeting them too, so I guess that means nothing. I hope we find out what really happened between Caroline and Dina.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,412,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess5 View Post
I couldn't believe she said that about her daughter either!!! On national TV! Gosh, I wonder how her daughter is going to feel watching that. I also feel like if it had been someone besides her son opening a car wash with strippers, she would be spouting off about how immoral it was. She also said something like she had been trying to break away from Teresa's friendship for 2 years. Really?, because during the past 2 years I don't know how many times I've heard her say (about Teresa & family) "We're family". Of course she says that about people after just meeting them too, so I guess that means nothing. I hope we find out what really happened between Caroline and Dina.
Yep. Totally Agree - she would be all over that! After all, it was 'tragic' that Teresa's daughter sang that song so wonder what a stripper car wash is?

I imagine her daughter will be quite hurt if she hears her mother say that; it will NOT help her - not one bit. So much for Mrs. Know It All.

Old 10-27-2011, 06:29 PM

4,275 posts, read 7,606,110 times
I don't know what to think about the weight issue. On one hand Caroline's wording and delivery was wrong.

Does she mean well? I would say yes.

Is Lauren overweight? I don't think so, but maybe her doctor said otherwise? I have no idea.

Should Caroline be honest with her kids? Yes.
Should she baby or favor any of them. Certainly not.

I wonder if there may be more to the story. I could be wrong though.

Last edited by raubre; 10-27-2011 at 06:43 PM..

Old 10-27-2011, 11:08 PM

1,668 posts, read 4,691,720 times
I'll say it. Lauren could stand to drop 15-30 pounds to be at a healthier weight. She's pretty, smart & seems confident in general (except for her weight - she complains about it on the show).

Caroline should have "zipped it" and said NOTHING about Lauren's weight on TV.

I think Caroline sees her kids as a reflection of how good of an Italian Mom she was.

Son #1 is/was dating a celebrity who was also "a child of privilege like her son". He has a college degree & is going into business with family. Good boy. He's possibly on the path to marrying Billy Joel's daughter & will soon be CEO of his family company. Good job Caroline. Caroline gloats over son #1.

Son #2 is a mystery with relationships, but he's got the best personality & is so well liked, he's pretty much adored by anyone he meets. Like his brother, he's got that college degree & works for the family. Good boy. Good job Caroline. She can gloat about son #2's budding success at work.

Lauren applys make up to women for money. This kills her parents, who put cosmetologists in the same light as "GED" diplomas & blue collar types - it's a job waaaay beneath a Manzo kid.

But the icing on Caroline's cake is that Lauren is fat. She was a very chubby kid -and that's when a Mom needs to get the problem under control. If she tried to help Lauren as a kid - she failed. We see the family photos of those kids growing up (Lauren was too chubby) and we can see her weight problem now. It makes Caroline think that these "Lauren problems" are a bad reflection of her. She can't/won't gloat about her overweight- make up artist daughter with Vido on her arm.

Caroline wants to brag about her beautiful daughter who's a CEO in NYC with tons of young & good looking Wall Street men begging to marry her. Vido doesn't impress Lauren's parents. The Manzo's were so snotty to his parents in their deli. Their actions in the deli were a reflection of their disapointment in how Lauren turned out. Bad Lauren. Instead of gloating over you, your Mom tells you to go see Jenny Graig on national TV. Bad Caroline.

Last edited by LizzySWW; 10-27-2011 at 11:19 PM..

Old 10-28-2011, 09:09 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,099,797 times
Oh my goodness.

Albie doesn't go out with Alex Ray Joel for starters. This is his girlfriend. Real Housewives of New Jersey: Caroline Manzo… Albie Manzo’s Girlfriend… Come On Out, Lindsey A!!! | STOOPID HOUSEWIVES

And who the heck is Vido?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV