U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-16-2012, 09:00 PM

3,623 posts, read 2,789,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'm thinking yea. My sister has been to the Brownstone for a number of events, she said it's not all that great. I wonder where all their money comes from.
twas not all that great even in its early years----money must be coming from a generous godfather--lol!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:06 PM

5 posts, read 3,611 times
Lol I am hooked sorry :-)

Old 05-16-2012, 09:09 PM

14,692 posts, read 9,808,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
I'm thinking yea. My sister has been to the Brownstone for a number of events, she said it's not all that great. I wonder where all their money comes from.
They often use restaurants (or other cash flow type ventures) as a shill business

Old 05-17-2012, 12:42 AM

1,558 posts, read 1,374,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
True. I was thinking the same thing. Juicy Joe was handsome (and one time in his life)

And Melissa looks like a Black girl.
Joe really should lose the weight. He looked a million times better without it.
There's a lot of Italians who look black because they are. They are a mix of North African, Arab, etc. Southern Italians especially have a little bit of the whole Mediteranean in them. There was controversy when they came, the Turks, Syrians etc. because they weren't totally seen as white. They had to prove and declare their whiteness for US immigration officials. A lot of Italians from Jersey say they aren't white--they're Italian. That's the first place I heard that but some are pretty adamant about it. I've met Portuguese people who say it as well.
Fascinating stuff.
Quote:
Throughout the more than 100 years that Arabs have immigrated to the U.S., there has been the need to clarify, accommodate and reexamine their relationship to this peculiar American fixation on race.
Not Quite White: Race Classification and the Arab American Experience | The Arab American Institute

Old 05-17-2012, 03:31 AM

3,235 posts, read 3,404,925 times
Quote:
True. I was thinking the same thing. Juicy Joe was handsome (and one time in his life)

And Melissa looks like a Black girl.
You are right! I can't believe how good looking Joe was! I agree with you about Melissa too. Teresa's daughters look just like her, except for that one, I can't remember her name. Dina got all the looks in her family.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:51 AM

3,116 posts, read 4,010,429 times
Quote:
Note the very last picture of Teresa and her brother from back in the day to see if there are any "clues"
Icky, icky, icky! Sorry I saw that one...

But yeah, the photo of Teresa and her husband is cute - and Joe Giudice was good looking back then! Who knew?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:09 AM

44,858 posts, read 6,176,124 times
Guidice was kind of cute when he was younger....but now.........ewwwwwwww!

Old 05-17-2012, 07:15 AM

28,114 posts, read 23,694,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Interesting! Juicy Joe didn't look too bad as a young man.
I think what makes him unattractive more than his current physique (because he is in better shape than most men his age) is his personality and character.

So when you look at him and know how he is, he grosses you out.

Old 05-17-2012, 01:06 PM

3,623 posts, read 2,789,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ticatica View Post
Joe really should lose the weight. He looked a million times better without it.
There's a lot of Italians who look black because they are. They are a mix of North African, Arab, etc. Southern Italians especially have a little bit of the whole Mediteranean in them. There was controversy when they came, the Turks, Syrians etc. because they weren't totally seen as white. They had to prove and declare their whiteness for US immigration officials. A lot of Italians from Jersey say they aren't white--they're Italian. That's the first place I heard that but some are pretty adamant about it. I've met Portuguese people who say it as well.
Fascinating stuff.
Not Quite White: Race Classification and the Arab American Experience | The Arab American Institute
so true--my wonderful nonna was and early on i learned the italian version of the n word ---but that rolled off her back--bless her heart!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:31 PM

6,384 posts, read 5,892,456 times
I think Melissa said in an episode - she got mistaken for being black.

If you notice with Joe Guidice - You can see more of his eyes in the earlier Photo.. No matter what - He has an ugly personality. I can't get past that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV