Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2012, 11:14 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times

Advertisements

basically--cohen is an arrested development in adult clothing-----post 4309 is on target for melissa and joe and as to parenting skills---both caroline and jacqueline suck at it so they should mind their own business----as their kids turned out to be whiny and useless(like the moms)

Old 05-22-2012, 12:38 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,338 times
Someone on another forum said that Lauren is the reality tv version of Meg Griffin from Family Guy. Truer words have never been spoken.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:35 PM

339 posts, read 696,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
Lauren has a cosmetology license and owns a makeup salon.
I believe Lauren closed down her salon, actually I believe it was a make up station within a salon. Lauren closed it one day after opening it, her excuse was really lame to me something about being rich, compared to her brothers and her weight...

I do believe there are some self esteem issues there with Lauren and her weight, but one thing I do know you cannot become rich or even moderately successful if you close your business after one day.

Old 05-22-2012, 01:42 PM

339 posts, read 696,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Spare the drama. She gives back as well as she takes it. So does everyone else on the show. Joe Giu is under the stress of having to pay for really bad decisions he made, I'd think his idiot troll of a BIL and fame-who*re of a SIL, would be the LAST thing he needs to discuss on a daily basis with his wife, who can't figure out that sometimes, extended family needs to take a back seat.

One thing Joe Giu NEVER did was embrace the cameras and sit down for TH's. I LOVE all the pearl clutching over what are very REAL moments coming from the Giu family.

He doesn't care. He is SO over it.

And so what?

Doesn't make Teresa "abused" in any way shape or form.

Yeah, if it's 1955. The man lives in a house full of women. He's her father, and it's 2012.
Not sure what drama and pearl clutching you are alluding to. I am not losing sleep over any of this show. It is very entertaining to me , yet it is also very sad because these people, the Guidices and Gorgas, are family. But pearl clutch ain't happening here and the drama is coming from the show.

As far as it being 1955 or 2012, a child of 10 is still a child. Yes there are some "fast young girls out there, but Gia or most 10 year old girls will still have a certain shyness over their budding sexuality. It can be difficult to speak with one's own mother about these things let alone the father at the age of 10. Something's don't change whether it's 1955 or 2012.

Anyway agree to disagree...

Old 05-22-2012, 02:23 PM

1,014 posts, read 1,565,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
10 years old isn't old enough to approve of your developing breasts being discussed on TV. Her parents allowed it & that's hard to believe, but why didn't Andy Cohen refuse to air it? Why didn't anyone at BRAVO think this topic could attract eye-bugging attention from child lusting perverts?

When kids interject into adult drama (which shouldn't go on around kids, but in reality it often does) they need to be told to mind their own business. Kids need to learn when to stay out of things that don't concern them. It's a good life lesson. Gia needs to be told this is between your Mom & Uncle, now run along & do something else. Instead, they're rewarding her wild emotions with cuddles & sweet talk. The kid isn't dumb, she knows there's an emotional pay-off when she gets involved in this situation.

Agree Joe needs to stop telling Theresa to shut up, but like someone said earlier, his emotions are real. He's sick to death of the neverending drama but he can't afford to walk away from the show financially. I'll go against the flow here & say his emotions are fair, I couldn't handle the antics of Melissa & Joe Gorga either. Melissa puts on a an Academy award winning sweetheart act, but her eyes & her tone tell the real story. She was jealous of the love her husband had for Theresa and she wants that to end. Melissa wants full attention and adoration & making Theresa look bad is the only way she can be Queen Bee. I think Joe Gorg knows what his wife is up to & enjoys watching Theresa being tormented. Joe Guidace ends up looking like the bad guy because he doesn't have control over his emotions. The same goes for Melissa, she's a manipulator but has great emotional control & knows she can push Theresa's buttons to get her to blow up and look like a fool, because like Joe, Theresa isn't good keeping her reactions calm. I'd rather deal with the over-reacting Guidaces than the manipulative Gorgas.

I love this trash! For one hour a week, my family is perfect! My kids seem like darling angels & my husband is the best guy ever!!!
You are so right!

Old 05-22-2012, 02:26 PM

926 posts, read 1,256,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzySWW View Post
10 years old isn't old enough to approve of your developing breasts being discussed on TV. Her parents allowed it & that's hard to believe, but why didn't Andy Cohen refuse to air it? Why didn't anyone at BRAVO think this topic could attract eye-bugging attention from child lusting perverts?

When kids interject into adult drama (which shouldn't go on around kids, but in reality it often does) they need to be told to mind their own business. Kids need to learn when to stay out of things that don't concern them. It's a good life lesson. Gia needs to be told this is between your Mom & Uncle, now run along & do something else. Instead, they're rewarding her wild emotions with cuddles & sweet talk. The kid isn't dumb, she knows there's an emotional pay-off when she gets involved in this situation.

Agree Joe needs to stop telling Theresa to shut up, but like someone said earlier, his emotions are real. He's sick to death of the neverending drama but he can't afford to walk away from the show financially. I'll go against the flow here & say his emotions are fair, I couldn't handle the antics of Melissa & Joe Gorga either. Melissa puts on a an Academy award winning sweetheart act, but her eyes & her tone tell the real story. She was jealous of the love her husband had for Theresa and she wants that to end. Melissa wants full attention and adoration & making Theresa look bad is the only way she can be Queen Bee. I think Joe Gorg knows what his wife is up to & enjoys watching Theresa being tormented. Joe Guidace ends up looking like the bad guy because he doesn't have control over his emotions. The same goes for Melissa, she's a manipulator but has great emotional control & knows she can push Theresa's buttons to get her to blow up and look like a fool, because like Joe, Theresa isn't good keeping her reactions calm. I'd rather deal with the over-reacting Guidaces than the manipulative Gorgas.

I love this trash! For one hour a week, my family is perfect! My kids seem like darling angels & my husband is the best guy ever!!!

Agree 100% and you stated it ten times better than I could have.

Old 05-22-2012, 05:44 PM

4,725 posts, read 4,420,706 times
I was/am astounded that Gia (forget her parents) is talking about needing a bra and going bra shopping on tv. I raised 2 girls (now both adults) and cannot fathom them EVER discussing this in front of a crowd let alone national tv. We are not prudish but it's just beyond believable. This makes me worry more about the effects of being on a reality show for a kid.
It's different with the parents as they are adults and probably manipulate the scenes to get their point across or to come off as a certain type but for a kid this is just sad. (but I still watch

Old 05-22-2012, 06:21 PM

6,727 posts, read 9,953,306 times
Well, for Pete's sake! The cameras are always rolling and Gia doesn't get much alone time with her Mom to discuss these things. She told her Mom she wanted to go bra shopping and Tree starts laughing and telling her she doesn't need a bra. Then she tells Joe and they both laugh. Then Mom takes her shopping with the cameras and makes so much fun of the poor kid, I wanted to smack her.

Gia is generally a little drama queen but she does deserve a little privacy. I shudder to think what will happen when she gets her . Gia has been indulged all her life, and her behavior sometimes leaves a lot to be desired but Tree has shaped her and she is just a little kid..

I remember when the Ozzie Osbournes had their reality show and the older daughter, Aimee, wouldn't participate. She actually lived in the guest house so as not to be part of the show.

Old 05-22-2012, 10:06 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Who closes a business one day after it opens? That makes no sense at all. I don't get it.

Now later in the evening at the family get together Gia was a little monster when her teams didn't win, but that bra shopping thing was so sad. It was probably hard enough for Gia to tell her mom she even needs a bra and shop on tv, but to have both of her parents laughing at her was really sad.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:02 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawdustmaker View Post
Why aghast? It's REALITY tv...

At least Gia, according to the GIU hater, Miss Andy, got some ratings for his exploitation of the footage.

I don't understand people who are so "aghast" at people who are on a reality tv show.

There are plenty of reality shows that are not negative. Think of Bill and Guiliana, Tori and Dean, Mrs. Eastwood, Bethenney Ever After.

They live their lives on camera but are trying to be decent people.

We all know the Real Housewives isn't that kind of show. They will sell their souls for fame, but they could choose a few limits, starting with their children.

Besides, I don't think they are forced to give up their dignity. Lisa on the RHOBH managed to keep hers. The New Jersey group is just too dumb to know how to be entertaining without acting stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV