Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2009, 02:06 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,143,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
It seems that the family has marketed itself successfully but are not living happily ever after. Once and while I guess we all wish there were more happy endings.
Best statement of the day. What probably started with the best of intentions (I believed Kate when she said this was their family's way of documenting the stuff they know they would miss otherwise) has become the monster. Most celebrities who have long and happy marriages do so only after leaving the spotlight. Fame and fortune usually do not result in happiness and love. I still don't condone Jon cheating on Kate no matter how horrible she acts, but I do believe that they have lost control of their lives and now it's just about television appearances and freebies. That's not the way to raise normal, healthy kids. What's even sadder is that I bet that the corporate suits at TLC are loving all this drama. A potential bad marriage and divorce could mean a jump in ratings. Very sad all the way around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 02:12 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,135,501 times
oh but now we have gossip of Kate cheating on Jon with her bodyguard. I didn't even know she had a bodyguard.
Where will it all end?

But then, as I stated before..............they made their lives public. Had they not, we wouldn't know anything about them or their affairs.
Be careful what you wish for.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:44 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,143,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
But then, as I stated before..............they made their lives public. Had they not, we wouldn't know anything about them or their affairs.
Be careful what you wish for.
Yep. I'm always amazed at the celebrities who make movies, get their photo on magazine covers, go out on the red carpet, use their fame to promote whatever cause du jour they want, get free clothes and free perks everywhere they go, then complain that there is too much paparazzi. I don't condone chasing someone to their death, but the price of being famous and wanting your picture taken is that there are lots of people trying to take that photo. Make a deal with the devil...

Old 05-12-2009, 03:08 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,437,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandsGal View Post
That's great!! I hope they make messes and laugh about it too. Life is too short to be so uptight.
Not much is said about Kate's upbringing. I think her father was a minister and I like/love/respect ministers. Somehow I think Kate became 'overly conscientious' whether through her own personality or other factors in her life.

I have experienced a tad bit Too Much of what I perceive to be Fundamentalist religious beliefs myself and have some reservations about 'Perfectionism'. Yes, it is OK to get dirty and sometimes the best thing you can do is LOL with your kids.

It's a monumental job to care for children and I know Kate wants her kids to have a good start in life. I also know there are frustrations and I don't fault her one bit for having her own needs or trying to have the life she wants.

After this glimpse into the life of a family with multiples I really don't know what I would do/would have done if my choice involved the possibility of having more than one child at a time.

mmmhmmm--The teenage years. She is going to have to relax before they hit puberty. lol

Old 05-12-2009, 03:38 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,515,576 times
Kate Gosselin 'Horrified' by Claims She Cheated With Bodyguard - omg! news on Yahoo!

Old 05-12-2009, 04:18 PM

1,692 posts, read 3,532,458 times
I think they need to get off the air. Kaye needs to stop her media blitz and go home. I would think they have family issues to deal with that would be more pressing than talking with Rachel Ray. What family that has done a show like this , has come out okay. There are stars who do it and it doesn't work out.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 PM

1,106 posts, read 2,948,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
Dumb question but may I ask why people are taking such pleasure in this couples marital issues? I mean really folks, the glee is coming off the pages. I am not fan but I am not getting off on this at all.

And some of you who claim you never watch the show seem to know so much about every little detail that I think you are wearing out your remotes rewind button lol. No issue with being obsessed with Kate but please be honest about it. One would think you were one of those wacky GWOP posters lol and I would hate to think one of those brain dead cheeto huffing trailer park rejects had infiltrated a cool forum like City Data.
I don't think anyone here is "gleeful" of the mess they have on their hands now. If there is anyone "gleeful" and taking pleasure in their marital issues, that is plain mean.

Old 05-12-2009, 04:48 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,329,524 times
I'm sad that it all happened because the whole time I was enjoying the show (the first few seasons especially), my husband was predicting exactly what's happening now. And I kept saying, "No...they really are devoted to one another".

I hate it when he's right.

The show helped me thru some of my empty nest syndrome...I really enjoyed the kiddos...but not their mom. She is a pretty good mom, but not a good wife. Nevertheless, one should end the marriage before cheating (allegedly).

Old 05-12-2009, 05:26 PM

23,835 posts, read 33,372,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen1971 View Post
And some of you who claim you never watch the show seem to know so much about every little detail...
No issue with being obsessed with Kate but please be honest about it.
One would think you were one of those wacky GWOP posters lol
Never thought of it like that.
How do people know about the show when they say they don't watch?
Commercials maybe?
Reading all the J&K+8 posts?

I've posted that I stopped watching it. I don't know why I stopped, guess it was on when one of my main shows was on. I'd then flip channels on a Saturday and come across it and watch that way.

Now I DVR every episode
Why? Because of all of the haters here who pick Kate apart.
I like to read the posts then go watch to see if I saw what everyone else did and usually I don't, and if I do, it's not as bad as what people post.

Kate has a dry sense of humor, if someone isn't used to it, it may come across differently.

Maybe she doesn't bother me as much because I'm on the East Coast and am used to people like that.

So, TLC got one more viewer from posts like this.
I will also rewatch episodes to make sure I have the same opinion as the 1st time I saw it, depends on how much the episode upset people in posts.

*Funny, these Jon & Kate posts remind me of the Joan Rivers/Annie Duke posts. People either like them of hate them.

Old 05-12-2009, 05:47 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,329,524 times
What's GWOP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV