Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 08:37 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times

Advertisements

I'm with mainegirl. There's a lot to be said for working things out with people who are important in your life. Sure it's easier to cut ties and move on, but where does that get you and what is it teaching the kids?

I realize some relationships are toxic and need to be ended, but ALL relatives? While it would be impossible to show all the Gosselin's friends and family on the show, you'd think we'd see at least a few of her childhood friends, parents, someone besides her brother's family. Sadly, now they're persona non grata too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2009, 09:01 AM

23,861 posts, read 33,523,515 times
What gets me the most about this is that it seems people are cheering for Jon to cheat on his wife.
They just had a wedding ceremony where they pledge themselves to each other and their kids.
It's so easy to walk away; it takes actual work to make a marriage work.

We don't see Jon's family. We don't see Jon's friends; yet everyone always points at Kate.

I'm sorry but it takes two.
If Jon didn't want to be married to Kate he should never have married her again.
They've been together what 10 years?
If he didn't know by now that he wants or doesn't want to be married to her then something is wrong with him.
He should be a man and end it before being seen with other girls.
Cheating, whether it is sexual or emotional is not ok.
And being photographed with other women when his life is so in the press is very wrong. It's not ok that his kids might see these magazine covers in the store, or have to go to school to have their friends/classmates telling them, oh I saw pictures of your father cheating on your mother.

As far as cutting ties with people, it teaches your kids that you can't trust everyone. Some times you have to realize that blood is not thicker then water and that you can pick your friends. It teaches them that they don't have to take people doing them wrong and that it is ok to not give someone the time of day that doesn't deserve it.

I wonder how many of you posting here in favor of Jon / against Kate have posted in posts in the relationships section where someone is venting about bad family or a spouse?

Until we walk in someone's shoes how can we judge them?

Old 05-04-2009, 09:05 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
Even if he is cheating who the F would blame him. He went from happy go lucky world traveler to working in a closet and being yelled at on a daily basis.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:10 AM

4,253 posts, read 9,449,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
We don't see Jon's family. We don't see Jon's friends; yet everyone always points at Kate.
I don't watch J+K, but this made me wonder. Has there ever been any family shown from both sides? Where are the grandparents? I would love to see what Jon's parents are like, ... just to see where the son came from.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
Even if he is cheating who the F would blame him. He went from happy go lucky world traveler to working in a closet and being yelled at on a daily basis.
Funny, some people would call that an unmotivated bum.
And FWIW, this is the life he chose.
It was also him that set up the web site in similar fashion to what octomom did when they found out they were having multiples. He used to run around telling people he'd be rich. It's in that article from the Philly newspaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuala View Post
I don't watch J+K, but this made me wonder. Has there ever been any family shown from both sides? Where are the grandparents? I would love to see what Jon's parents are like, ... just to see where the son came from.
Jon's dad is dead, his mom doesn't live by them.
The only family of his we've seen is the Hawaii croud that were invited to the wedding. Most had never met Jon until then.

Kate's brother has been on the show, her parents from what I know stopped speaking to her. I think it was due to invitro; her father is a priest or something.

Old 05-04-2009, 10:35 AM

3,855 posts, read 13,263,769 times
LOL...I called this one a long time ago. (if it's true...)

Anybody who's seen a couple of episodes of Jon taking a verbal flogging by his wife (on a tv show that gets shown around the world no-less) knows that he's going to go off the flipping deep end eventually.

Run, Jon, Run!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:57 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,002 times
Maybe Jon could rescue Katie Holmes and they could find happiness together!

Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by akm4 View Post
Maybe Jon could rescue Katie Holmes and they could find happiness together!
Never work.
Jon would be crying because his life is even more public. lol

Old 05-04-2009, 12:30 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,783,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I agree. As wrong as it is, with a wife like her I could understand it. I never want a bossy, pushy woman like Kate. Ironic her name is Kate, as in the shrew - Jon is just unable to tame the shrew.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:22 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Jon's dad is dead, his mom doesn't live by them.
The only family of his we've seen is the Hawaii croud that were invited to the wedding. Most had never met Jon until then.

Kate's brother has been on the show, her parents from what I know stopped speaking to her. I think it was due to invitro; her father is a priest or something.
From what I have gathered watching the show previously, Jon had a normal life growing up. They always talk about how Jon got to go on these great vacations and he traveled around Europe after high school. His dad, I believe, was a dentist before he died. Not sure where his mother is, but I thought I read once that she does visit, she just doesn't want to be on tv.

Kate is the one who has mentioned her lack of a family. She said in an interview that that lady they called "nana Janet" was for all intents and purposes the kids' grandmother because they don't see their biological grandparents. She also said that she is determined to give her kids great memories growing up (including vacations) because she doesn't have many herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV