Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 10:35 AM

1,106 posts, read 2,944,754 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I am not there nor are you. How do you know that the show isn't editing Jon to look the way he does?.
With that control freak ? Do you actually believe that Kate would allow them to make Jon look like the good guy and her to be the bad guy ?

Quote:
If Jon's unhappy he should do something about it by either speaking to Kate about it or consider divorcing her if he's that unhappy.
Perhaps Jon has spoken to her over and over again about his feelings, and she tells him if he doesn't like it to leave. Can you imagine the child support she would get ? Perhaps he loves his children and doesn't want to be apart from them.

Quote:
They are both probably frazzled.
They are both trying to live together 24/7 since Jon stopped working.
You are on this kick about Jon not working. According to the episodes I watched, Jon worked outside the home for a long time, and KATE wanted him to work from home, so that he would be around more.

Quote:
Those that don't like the show should stop talking about it.
Now those who don't like the show shouldn't express their feelings ? Um, sorry, no. I choose to express myself, and I did so to TLC directly. They in turn responded to me that they get mixed emails about the program, both negative and positive. They said that they are taking the negarives into consideration.

Don't get me wrong. I don't think that Jon is man of the year, or makes the best decisions in the world.

My point, and opinion is that they appeared to be happy when they first started doing the show. Even before that, with the family videos. But over the past several years, she seems to becoming more obnoxious and bossy, and he seems to be very unhappy. She takes over the interview, he occasionally interjects a point, which 50% of the time she corrects his grammar, or makes faces. He has expressed that he did not want to do another season, and gave the reasons why. As soon as he was finished, she said " I love it" and basically that was the end of the story. So, there is going to be yet another season. She gets her way, and she runs the show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2009, 11:26 AM

3,191 posts, read 9,159,557 times
yeah the Duggars have their 'quirks' (like Jim Bob and his Aquanet hairspray LOL) but IMHO Michelle is doing a lot better job modeling Christian behavior as compared to Kate

Old 05-05-2009, 11:55 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,249,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainegirl View Post
quote..
You have your opinion, I have mine.
I'm not going to go back and forth with you on a TV show.
We both read and post in the same posts about J&K, so maybe we'll agree to disagree?

I still enjoy the show and take it more lightly then others do.
When this show has no enjoyment for me I will stop watching and stop coming to the posts about it.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:13 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,136,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perticusrex View Post
If all this editing is done to make Kate appear to constantly be nagging, nit picking, complaining, disrespecting her husband, and generally being a total b**ch, then why doesnt she correct the problem with the producers or threaten to quit the show? She is a total control freak afterall and it seems to be her way or no way. She doesn't do anything about how she is painted on the show because that is how she really is and she probably revels in be portrayed like an OCD freak who controls every aspect of her family's lives where they have nearly no say in anything they do including being on the show in the first place.
You're right. The last time I watched the show was at the end of the season where Jon all but came out and said he was tired of doing the show. Kate immediately jumped in and said while Jon might not be happy, SHE IS and she loves what she is doing now. Apparently, Kate enjoys jetting back and forth to do television appearances, book signings, shopping at Gymboree and has declared herself a "shopper". It wasn't even more than a few years ago when Jon had to take her shopping because she said she was totally clueless when it comes to buying clothes. Now she is on a first name basis with her personal shoppers. Her appeal as a normal mom in extraordinary circumstances has flown out the window.

The show used to be a good one. I became a fan because it was fun to watch a normal family try and deal with their lives when they found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. It wasn't long ago when they still found joy attending their little town's 4th of July parade, taking their kids to the local theme park, going to find their Christmas tree, etc. Now it's become one self-promoting episode after the other. Gone are the days of Kate staying at home and trying to keep the kids entertained in the driveway. Now, they head off on lavish vacations, get personal service at museums, get free art days, etc. Watching rich people raise their kids is not interesting. Watching people who think nothing of taking their kids to New York for a television taping is not interesting. They have lost their appeal and it seems Kate has forgotten that Jon played a key role in raising her kids too. Jon used to come home from a day at work and jump in to help her out. For every little girl she was dressing, he had the boys. He drove all the way to Florida, non-stop because Kate declared she wasn't familiar with the roads.

Jon has lost his identity as a father and a man. While I am in no way excusing his behavior (if indeed he is having an affair), Kate has chopped off his cojones. While she used to talk down to him constantly, she has now moved him away from his job, has now become the "breadwinner" and has decided that even though the show has run it's course, she enjoys where her life is right now and Jon can either get on board or get out. That's just not fair and as someone who has been married myself for 10 years, the first hard lesson to learn about marriage is that life is not always about me. Kate needs to learn that lesson and remember that she would be totally screwed if Jon had not helped out as much as he did at the beginning. The cat is out of the bag now, and it seems that they are in way too deep with endorsement and freebies to pull out now. They should, however, for the good of their family. It's crumbling...you don't have to read gossip magazines to see that for yourself. Just watch one of their couch interviews. The kids are now full time in school so it's time to thank TLC for the opportunity and live their lives OFF camera. Perhaps an annual episode, like "where are they now" would suffice.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:30 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,116,960 times
Great post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
You're right. The last time I watched the show was at the end of the season where Jon all but came out and said he was tired of doing the show. Kate immediately jumped in and said while Jon might not be happy, SHE IS and she loves what she is doing now. Apparently, Kate enjoys jetting back and forth to do television appearances, book signings, shopping at Gymboree and has declared herself a "shopper". It wasn't even more than a few years ago when Jon had to take her shopping because she said she was totally clueless when it comes to buying clothes. Now she is on a first name basis with her personal shoppers. Her appeal as a normal mom in extraordinary circumstances has flown out the window.

The show used to be a good one. I became a fan because it was fun to watch a normal family try and deal with their lives when they found themselves in extraordinary circumstances. It wasn't long ago when they still found joy attending their little town's 4th of July parade, taking their kids to the local theme park, going to find their Christmas tree, etc. Now it's become one self-promoting episode after the other. Gone are the days of Kate staying at home and trying to keep the kids entertained in the driveway. Now, they head off on lavish vacations, get personal service at museums, get free art days, etc. Watching rich people raise their kids is not interesting. Watching people who think nothing of taking their kids to New York for a television taping is not interesting. They have lost their appeal and it seems Kate has forgotten that Jon played a key role in raising her kids too. Jon used to come home from a day at work and jump in to help her out. For every little girl she was dressing, he had the boys. He drove all the way to Florida, non-stop because Kate declared she wasn't familiar with the roads.

Jon has lost his identity as a father and a man. While I am in no way excusing his behavior (if indeed he is having an affair), Kate has chopped off his cojones. While she used to talk down to him constantly, she has now moved him away from his job, has now become the "breadwinner" and has decided that even though the show has run it's course, she enjoys where her life is right now and Jon can either get on board or get out. That's just not fair and as someone who has been married myself for 10 years, the first hard lesson to learn about marriage is that life is not always about me. Kate needs to learn that lesson and remember that she would be totally screwed if Jon had not helped out as much as he did at the beginning. The cat is out of the bag now, and it seems that they are in way too deep with endorsement and freebies to pull out now. They should, however, for the good of their family. It's crumbling...you don't have to read gossip magazines to see that for yourself. Just watch one of their couch interviews. The kids are now full time in school so it's time to thank TLC for the opportunity and live their lives OFF camera. Perhaps an annual episode, like "where are they now" would suffice.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:58 PM

3,191 posts, read 9,159,557 times
3Ds that was a good post...great idea on Where Are they Now

( i hate to admit it, don't watch it regularly now except to peek in now & then. I always am hoping to see Jon have a Cruise- couch jumping seizure or one of the kids have a major Get Us Off TV shrieking meltdown OR to see Kate literally speechless for a change LOL )

Old 05-05-2009, 05:23 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,767,938 times
Quote:
Those that don't like the show should stop talking about it.
You do realize this is a forum?

Forum: a public facility to meet for open discussion

forum definition | Dictionary.com

Old 05-05-2009, 05:51 PM

1,833 posts, read 3,331,627 times
Good post 3Ds!

Old 05-05-2009, 05:53 PM

23,790 posts, read 33,249,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
You do realize this is a forum?

Forum: a public facility to meet for open discussion

forum definition | Dictionary.com
Ha Ha.

The reason TLC keeps it on is that it's their most popular show.
It gets the most positive and negative feedback.
If people stop talking about it, it will give them the message that viewers don't want to waste their time on it.

Same thing with "Octomom"
How popular is she these days?
I don't care for her and stopped reading/posting about her.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:09 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,402,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
The ski trip show just finished. Kate stated that when she was on bed rest in the hospital with the sextuplets she/they? worried that they wouldn't be able to give the children the experiences/activities/trips that they felt were important and that they felt blessed when such opportunities were offered.

I'm tired of her and Jon and the kids. I don't fault them for the decision to appear on TV --not certain that Jon could have ever found work that would provide the type of lifestyle they seem to desire and a full-time job for Kate would have been out of the question.

I'm sure Kate does enjoy some 'freedom' and would survive rather well without Jon.

I also theorize that they will not get divorced while the show has a contract and possibly they have long range marketing plans that would be affected by a divorce. 'The Family' is now a business and imo neither Jon nor Kate wants to endanger their income.

FWIW.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV