Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2009, 06:50 AM

31 posts, read 58,152 times

Advertisements

I watched it. it make laugh to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
I thought Melissa would go home but when you take a issue that affects a huge number of women and their families such a breast cancer and you highlight it, it will bring in the votes. I guarantee I was not the only one watching the show Weds night that was moved to tears by that dance and the memories of what my Mom has had to go through. Most Americans are not dance experts and so they voted on emotions and that was an emotional dance. It is like someone said "Americas favorite dancer, not Americas best dancer" that is what this show is all about.

Old 07-24-2009, 09:56 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
I thought Melissa would go home but when you take a issue that affects a huge number of women and their families such a breast cancer and you highlight it, it will bring in the votes. I guarantee I was not the only one watching the show Weds night that was moved to tears by that dance and the memories of what my Mom has had to go through. Most Americans are not dance experts and so they voted on emotions and that was an emotional dance. It is like someone said "Americas favorite dancer, not Americas best dancer" that is what this show is all about.
The dance had me balling, Melissa did do a great job with the dance, but it was still upsetting to see Jeanette have to leave, which probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that dance getting so many votes. OTOH, Melissa is nearing the end of her career so it's nice to see her keep going, and she really is amazing.

Old 07-24-2009, 10:23 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,480,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Katie Holmes lip syncing and so so dancing!!!! I can't believe they put her in either.

I loved the bench dance when I first saw it, I thought it was amazing. For some reason last night it just didn't seem quite as good.
I didn't get to see last night except for the very end. Was it the orginal people doing the bench dance. I loved that when I first saw it also. Was that with Chelsea? or Katy from a previous year?

Old 07-24-2009, 10:25 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,275,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
The dance had me balling, Melissa did do a great job with the dance, but it was still upsetting to see Jeanette have to leave, which probably wouldn't have happened if it weren't for that dance getting so many votes. OTOH, Melissa is nearing the end of her career so it's nice to see her keep going, and she really is amazing.

I was sad to see Jeanette leave too. Of course as this point and time it is hard to see any of them leave. I like all of them that are left, they all have their good points and bad points. Definately though at this point in the contest all the dances they do should be spot on. We shouldn't have a first half like we did this week.

I also think so much lies in the hands of the choreographers and I wish they would make good song choices. I liked the songs this week but some of them just didn't go with the dances. Probably foremost in my mind is the waltz. The song was to slow.

Old 07-24-2009, 04:00 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,496 times
The only reason Katie Holmes was on the show was to promote that DIZZY FEET dance organization that she, Nigel, the broad from DWTS, and I think Mia? started. Dizzy Feet sounds cool, but they could have promoted it without the lame-basic-dance-steps of Katie Holmes. Ahh, celebrities - so full of themselves!

Old 07-24-2009, 05:23 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,850,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Katie Holmes lip syncing and so so dancing!!!! I can't believe they put her in either.

I loved the bench dance when I first saw it, I thought it was amazing. For some reason last night it just didn't seem quite as good.
I felt the same way about the bench dance. I think it was over danced. Maybe they were trying to live up to the first time they danced it and this time it didn't look "effortless".

Old 07-24-2009, 05:58 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westhou View Post
I felt the same way about the bench dance. I think it was over danced. Maybe they were trying to live up to the first time they danced it and this time it didn't look "effortless".
I felt the same way! I wonder if the fact that so many of these contestants go on to the pro aspect of dancing (whether it's actually dancing or choreography) that they forget what it was like to really wear your "innocence" on your sleeve and dance your heart out on a tv show. I loved both the bench dance and the hummingbird dance and didn't feel the same way about either of them last night.

As far as Katie Holmes goes, I thought she was just okay and given more leniency because she's a celebrity. Her singing was okay and her dancing wasn't more than just a few magazine poses and marching around in high heels. If she wasn't a celebrity, she wouldn't be able to get away with such mediocrity. I think it's a shame because SURELY there is someone out there who could put Katie Holmes to shame but that person continues going to auditions because someone like Katie Holmes has decided that she wants to "try her hand" at Broadway. There are some celebrities who go to Broadway and are amazing, but Katie Holmes ain't one of them. For the record, I have always liked her but she was hyped up for the show and wasted time that I would have rather heard what many of the previous season's contestants are doing now.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:47 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,195,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I felt the same way! I wonder if the fact that so many of these contestants go on to the pro aspect of dancing (whether it's actually dancing or choreography) that they forget what it was like to really wear your "innocence" on your sleeve and dance your heart out on a tv show. I loved both the bench dance and the hummingbird dance and didn't feel the same way about either of them last night.

As far as Katie Holmes goes, I thought she was just okay and given more leniency because she's a celebrity. Her singing was okay and her dancing wasn't more than just a few magazine poses and marching around in high heels. If she wasn't a celebrity, she wouldn't be able to get away with such mediocrity. I think it's a shame because SURELY there is someone out there who could put Katie Holmes to shame but that person continues going to auditions because someone like Katie Holmes has decided that she wants to "try her hand" at Broadway. There are some celebrities who go to Broadway and are amazing, but Katie Holmes ain't one of them. For the record, I have always liked her but she was hyped up for the show and wasted time that I would have rather heard what many of the previous season's contestants are doing now.
I was also disappointment with those performances, something was missing.

They should have created a dance with kids who are going to get Dizzy Feet scholarships, if Katie really wanted to be a part of it she could have been in it the with the kids, and actually have showed up in person. A far as her generosity, I really don't think Katie Holmes is cutting coupons because she gave up her performance fee for Dizzy Feet.

I would have loved to see a new dance with some of the former contestants and especially winners. That would have ben more suitable for a 100th celebration than Mrs. Tom Cruise insulting old Hollywood.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:42 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,151,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I would have loved to see a new dance with some of the former contestants and especially winners.
I know! Some of these reality shows are DRAGGED out until the viewers are practically in tears. I've started DVRing most of the results shows from AI and DWTS because I can fast forward, watch the parts I want to watch, and be done in less than 20 minutes. Unfortunately, this was the only time I wanted a show to last a little longer and it didn't. One hour just wasn't enough time. I wanted Kat to go out after the dances and talk to the previous dancers. I could have happily watched another hour if they would have done a little background clip on "where are they now?".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV