Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2009, 07:36 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,459,410 times

Advertisements

Nigel is turning into a dirty old man. What bizarre comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2009, 07:49 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,253,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

I loved Brandon's solo. It really showed off his fantastic body. That man is a work of art. Every muscle on his body is totally sculpted! I thought all the solos were really good tonight.

I didn't really like the girls group routine - thought it was kind of a hodgepodge of crap, but I loved the guys group routine. It had a Wade Robson-esq quality to it.

I hate to see anyone go, but I think tomorrow night will be Melissa and Evan going home.
I agree. Brandon sure is a work of art. I really liked the guys' routine and found the girls' routine missing something. Melissa and Evan should be going home, but after last week, I'm not so sure.

Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 AM

Yes, what the heck is L'il C talking about? I had no idea who he was, so I checked him out on Wiki. LOL
Clip:
"Despite a tendency to confound, confuse, and contort listeners of his prose, Lil' C's native language is indeed, English; not Babelonian."
Lately, all the guest judges have been annoying. Mia, just because she's Mia. Debbie Allen too much talk, not enough critical evaluation and Li'l C whose critiques don't make any sense.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Yes, what the heck is L'il C talking about? I had no idea who he was, so I checked him out on Wiki. LOL
Clip:
"Despite a tendency to confound, confuse, and contort listeners of his prose, Lil' C's native language is indeed, English; not Babelonian."
Lately, all the guest judges have been annoying. Mia, just because she's Mia. Debbie Allen too much talk, not enough critical evaluation and Li'l C whose critiques don't make any sense.
Yeah - then there's that weirdo Toni Basil ...

Old 07-30-2009, 01:29 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,196,723 times
Quote:
Clip:
Sometimes Lil'C's tangents get a little out there, but I love that he is a hip hop dancer/choreographer who respects intelligence and aspires to be well read and use language in an intelligent manner. I have no issue with using slang when with friends or family in casual situations, we all have our own casual ways of speaking from surfer dude to shizzle speak. The problem for me is that in the hip hop community people promote using slang all the time even in professional settings. By example, they are teaching kids that it's okay to not know how to speak properly. Lil'C shows you can be respected as a street dancer, and still be intelligent and show it.

Old 07-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I didn't like the quickstep because it didnt have enough closed hold that a quickstep should have. Also, they just seemed like they tired out pretty quick.
One of the judges commented that one part of the routine didn't belong in the quickstep. (I forgot the step or move). Isn't the choreographer to blame, not the dancer?

Last edited by tigerlily; 07-30-2009 at 02:25 PM..

Old 07-30-2009, 02:12 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Kayla and Brandon are great together. Brandon's solo was amazing! It's time for Evan to go, when the judges start commending a dancer for keeping up, it gets a little embarrassing. I was quite drawn in by Melissa's solo, when it was over I noticed my neck and upper body had moved with her, it wasn't flashy, but I really felt it.
Those were my favorite solos also - Brandon & Melissa.
Brandon's was indeed amazing.
Melissa finally picked good music and she had her footwork match perfectly with the piano keys of the song - WOW!! ("I Put a Spell on You")

Old 07-30-2009, 02:26 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,577 times
Although I loved Melissa's solo I wasn't impressed with her and Evan. The broadway dance choreography, I think, sucked. The song didn't even match the dance. I only liked the quickstep a little.

Jeanine and Ade - thought the somba was lame and the hip-hop was good.

Kayla and Brandon - I liked very much both dances. They both have a way of being able to do it all. And so much energy and passion. I didn't originally have them as my faves but last night I thought they were the best.

Old 07-30-2009, 06:49 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
One of the judges commented that one part of the routine didn't belong in the quickstep. (I forgot the step or move). Isn't the choreographer to blame, not the dancer?
It was the double death spiral. Not exactly QS material. Their lindy/charleston was off time as well, and I wouldn't have put that into the dance either, but that's just me.

Old 07-30-2009, 07:56 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,044 times
*****SPOILER ALERT*****

Melissa was eliminated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV