U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-31-2009, 02:45 PM

5,448 posts, read 3,771,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
I still wish that when they bring back former contestants and have them do the award-winning/nominated dances, Kat would wander over and talk to them for a few minutes about what they're up to. I understand that not everyone is a professional dancer, but even if they decided to work at Borders, I would still like to know what they've been up to.

If the final two are not Brandon and Kayla, it will be a shame. They both deserve it and I'm sure no matter what happens, they will be able to pursue a career in dance. I'm not sure what the pull of Jeanine is but she is not better than Kayla by any stretch. She's not a bad dancer, but there must be some sort of massive group voting taking place to keep her in over dancers like Melissa and Janette. Evan is a cute dancer and I suppose his style makes people remember him, but he doesn't hold a candle to Brandon.

Just curious if anyone else found it interesting that Brandon is so insecure. I don't believe that he's faking, but I always find it amazing when someone is clearly so good at something but doesn't believe in themselves.
I completely agree with your thoughts.

I think the insecurity comes with youth, it's easy to forget how young they are because the show requires a high degree of maturity. I'm noticing now that I'm in my thirties I have a more realistic and positive view of myself, I see this in my friends as well. We believe it when we receive compliments, and realize what we are good at and what we are not.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 05:21 PM

6,697 posts, read 8,681,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
It wasn't a foxtrot - it was a quickstep.
Ah, thanks. That's even worse. It's the kiss of death!

Old 07-31-2009, 05:43 PM

2,212 posts, read 3,032,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I think the insecurity comes with youth, it's easy to forget how young they are because the show requires a high degree of maturity. I'm noticing now that I'm in my thirties I have a more realistic and positive view of myself, I see this in my friends as well. We believe it when we receive compliments, and realize what we are good at and what we are not.
True. Now that I'm in my 30s, I have a much more realistic outlook on what I can change about myself and what's there for the long haul. I guess it's easy to assume that just because someone is on television and seems so composed that they are comfortable in their own skin. Brandon really is amazing, though. I hope that he goes on to a professional dance career.

Old 07-31-2009, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post
True. Now that I'm in my 30s, I have a much more realistic outlook on what I can change about myself and what's there for the long haul. I guess it's easy to assume that just because someone is on television and seems so composed that they are comfortable in their own skin. Brandon really is amazing, though. I hope that he goes on to a professional dance career.
I have a feeling Brandon is going to have companies all around the country vying for him.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:20 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,021,353 times
Did Joshua put on some weight? I don't remember him being that big.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Did Joshua put on some weight? I don't remember him being that big.
Whoa, that is some bum he's got. I think it's all muscle though, I didn't notice if he gained any weight.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:41 PM

193 posts, read 511,377 times
Quote:
Evan seems to just have this HUGE fan base. The problem is that his fans really aren't doing him a favor by keeping him in when he just can't measure up to the other dancers, it makes him look bad (even though he is truly wonderful in his style) it feels embarrassing to me watching it, I can't imagine how it feels to be on stage and know they are stronger than you. Evan has a great career ahead of him no matter where he places in the show. I wish his fans would vote for the best dancer instead of their favorite in this case. I seem to remember something like this happening before and the dancer actually sort of encouraging his fans to vote for another dancer, I'm not clear on this though, it could have even been a different show, but it would be a good idea.
I could not agree more with everything you just said.....those are my thoughts exactly. Its not that evan isnt good, but when the other dancers are just sooo much better it is a bit embaressing to watch, because he has to know it. I think the judges need to do saves like American Idol started doing.

Old 08-01-2009, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebrashoes View Post
I could not agree more with everything you just said.....those are my thoughts exactly. Its not that evan isnt good, but when the other dancers are just sooo much better it is a bit embaressing to watch, because he has to know it. I think the judges need to do saves like American Idol started doing.
Yes, they need to save Jeanette, most would agree she deserves it.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:13 PM

193 posts, read 511,377 times
Quote:
Yes, they need to save Jeanette, most would agree she deserves it.
I know! I still have not come to terms with her getting eliminated. I hope we see her again in the future at some point. Maybe she will be back in another season like how Travis, Pasha, and Anya did.

Old 08-01-2009, 05:19 PM

5,374 posts, read 7,163,474 times
Quote:
Whoa, that is some bum he's got. I think it's all muscle though, I didn't notice if he gained any weight.
I think Ade could give him a run for his money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV