Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2010, 11:03 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizziebeth View Post
How hard is it to understand Cat and her kids? They used subtitles at least once when one of her daughters were talking. And that's just when I was looking at the screen.

Maybe it was the camera angle but at least one of her kids needs braces badly. Not cute at all. Her husband seems not as snooty as Cat. Still if they weren't on the show, they wouldn't be missed by me.

Does anyone else think that Mary looks like a young Stockard Channing with long wavy hair?
That's who it is! I keep looking at her and thinking she looks like someone and I can't figure out who it is. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2010, 11:38 AM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok, I don't get it...why is it different for black people than for like, say, asian people?

I mean, the woman lives in D.C. and is clearly educated and connected. Why would she ever feel out of place amongst white people or any people?
I didn't say it's different for just black people. I said it can be awkward for all people. I guess it depends on your locale. There are still some very segregated places in the country. Some people just don't have the fortune of running into others of a different race unless they're at school or out shopping or something. Some of my friends told me their K-12 schools were basically all black or all white. I don't live in an area with a lot of Asians, and the Hispanic population was very low until recently. I wish I could answer your question, but I just know, from my perspective, that I understood what Stacie was saying.

You are right, though--she shouldn't feel out of place in DC of all places. It's a melting pot, and that's one thing I've always loved about it

Old 08-15-2010, 11:42 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,373,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
That's who it is! I keep looking at her and thinking she looks like someone and I can't figure out who it is. Thank you!
There are worse things I could do then go with a boy or two

Old 08-15-2010, 06:04 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
There are worse things I could do then go with a boy or two
There are worse things I could do
Than botox or juviderm goo
Getting nipped in every place
Till I just can't move my face
That's my favorite thing to do...

Old 08-15-2010, 06:18 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Ok, I don't get it...why is it different for black people than for like, say, asian people?

I mean, the woman lives in D.C. and is clearly educated and connected. Why would she ever feel out of place amongst white people or any people?

You know, I think it is time for the "Housewives" to have a wealthy Asian or Arab woman on the show. Honestly Asians don't seem to mind being an "only" BUT we rarely get thier feeling on the matter. I can say as a woman of color that Stacy may feel uneasy because when we are the "only" we seem to get cornered with the task of answering a bunch of "well why do black people do x,y,z -or we have to hear how the majority doesn't like Oprah, Tyrah, Obama etc.

I like Stacy but not how she is taking the bait just to stir things up. DC has more class issues than race issues.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:42 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
You know, I think it is time for the "Housewives" to have a wealthy Asian or Arab woman on the show. Honestly Asians don't seem to mind being an "only" BUT we rarely get thier feeling on the matter. I can say as a woman of color that Stacy may feel uneasy because when we are the "only" we seem to get cornered with the task of answering a bunch of "well why do black people do x,y,z -or we have to hear how the majority doesn't like Oprah, Tyrah, Obama etc.

I like Stacy but not how she is taking the bait just to stir things up. DC has more class issues than race issues.
Yeah, or Latinas. I'm still vying for a Real Housewives of Miami. That would be caliente.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:51 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,869,842 times
Okay, finally watced both episodes from start to finish.

1. Stacie, HONEY! Leslie Lucks dresses went out of style in the 1980's. Get thyself an appointment w/ Paul Wharton asap. I'm sure She by Sherie would be willing to come up to DC and do a personal fitting for you as well. Also, just because someone does not like someone that is black does not mean they are racist. I don't care for Tyra or Obama either but there are a TON of other people that are black that I absolutely adore and love. I also don't care for some white people. Nothing against the race, just don't like them as a PERSON! UGH! I hate that attitude though with people. She needs to drop the whole race thing and just get over it. It is going to start looking like she is not accepting of herself if she doesn't watch it. And you DID invite Cat to your aunts house to make her feel uncomfortable. My 11 year old caught that. I love southern cooking and I would have felt very uncomfortable being in ANY environment of any race if I were being treated as such. You had the personal chef over and invited Cat...... she tried to turn the conversation back around to the chef and the chef did a GREAT job of just rolling w/ it but for some reason you could not and neither could your friends. Speaking of friends........ one of them needs a makeover BAD! Those long false eyelashes and the makeup/hair...... ugh. Stacie nees to stop thinking that everything has to do with race.

Lynda - girl, if you are from Georgia then act like it. You are going down fast with this ship. Rise above. Not feeling the love for Lynda. She reminds me of Danielle with the eyebrows and all. And getting onto Michaele about her weight when you are as skinny practically as her . Then trying to back peddle telling her that what you said to Paul was not to be taken seriously. RIGHT! Drop the tier thing......... you are NOT "tier 1" yourself. Reading her blog she is complaining about Mary inviting the Salahis' to her birthday party. Her bf Ebong was hosting it and Lynda is upset that Mary invited them to HER birthday party. SERIOUSLY!! Can I not invite who I want to MY birthday party??!?!?!?! This woman is dilusional.

Michaele - I'm actually liking her and I went into this thinking I was going to HATE this person. So her and her husband are different. So she is hyper. She got a pony for her birthday and wanted some riding pants. So what. I think they are cool and I'd love to have some as well if I rode. I actually thought the beer in the wine glasses was funny. I noticed when he brought the glasses out it was a bit golden for the wine stated and then I cracked up over it being beer. Cat got a bit offended but Mary and Michaele rode the wave with her on it. They at least can take the jest of her and roll with the punches.

Mary - Oh my, she ran w/ the Kennedy's.. LOL!! My daughters were tripping over her closet lock. LOL!!! LOVE IT! Mary almost seems the most down to earth and then Michaele. Mary is more down to earth than Stacie by far, imho. She just seems to be able to "roll with the punches" a lot better than the other housewives. She doesn't seem as stuck up either or wants to make everything out to be all about politics. She seems to avoid the fracas when it comes to political lines.

Cat - while I many not care that much for her bluntness I can see her side. Stacie WAS trying to make her uncomfortable on purpose. Her husband does a great job of toeing the line as well when it comes to political parties. Still not sure on her. One day she is okay and the next she is really rude. I did like how she did try and turn the converstation and attention back on the personal chef at Stacie's and seemed to roll w/ the chef a bit more than the others.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:56 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

1. Stacie, HONEY! Leslie Lucks dresses went out of style in the 1980's. Get thyself an appointment w/ Paul Wharton asap. I'm sure She by Sherie would be willing to come up to DC and do a personal fitting for you as well. Also, just because someone does not like someone that is black does not mean they are racist. I don't care for Tyra or Obama either but there are a TON of other people that are black that I absolutely adore and love. I also don't care for some white people. Nothing against the race, just don't like them as a PERSON! UGH! I hate that attitude though with people. She needs to drop the whole race thing and just get over it. It is going to start looking like she is not accepting of herself if she doesn't watch it. And you DID invite Cat to your aunts house to make her feel uncomfortable. My 11 year old caught that. I love southern cooking and I would have felt very uncomfortable being in ANY environment of any race if I were being treated as such. You had the personal chef over and invited Cat...... she tried to turn the conversation back around to the chef and the chef did a GREAT job of just rolling w/ it but for some reason you could not and neither could your friends. Speaking of friends........ one of them needs a makeover BAD! Those long false eyelashes and the makeup/hair...... ugh. Stacie nees to stop thinking that everything has to do with race.

Lynda - girl, if you are from Georgia then act like it. You are going down fast with this ship. Rise above. Not feeling the love for Lynda. She reminds me of Danielle with the eyebrows and all. And getting onto Michaele about her weight when you are as skinny practically as her . Then trying to back peddle telling her that what you said to Paul was not to be taken seriously. RIGHT! Drop the tier thing......... you are NOT "tier 1" yourself. Reading her blog she is complaining about Mary inviting the Salahis' to her birthday party. Her bf Ebong was hosting it and Lynda is upset that Mary invited them to HER birthday party. SERIOUSLY!! Can I not invite who I want to MY birthday party??!?!?!?! This woman is dilusional.

Michaele - I'm actually liking her and I went into this thinking I was going to HATE this person. So her and her husband are different. So she is hyper. She got a pony for her birthday and wanted some riding pants. So what. I think they are cool and I'd love to have some as well if I rode. I actually thought the beer in the wine glasses was funny. I noticed when he brought the glasses out it was a bit golden for the wine stated and then I cracked up over it being beer. Cat got a bit offended but Mary and Michaele rode the wave with her on it. They at least can take the jest of her and roll with the punches.

Mary - Oh my, she ran w/ the Kennedy's.. LOL!! My daughters were tripping over her closet lock. LOL!!! LOVE IT! Mary almost seems the most down to earth and then Michaele. Mary is more down to earth than Stacie by far, imho. She just seems to be able to "roll with the punches" a lot better than the other housewives. She doesn't seem as stuck up either or wants to make everything out to be all about politics. She seems to avoid the fracas when it comes to political lines.

Cat - while I many not care that much for her bluntness I can see her side. Stacie WAS trying to make her uncomfortable on purpose. Her husband does a great job of toeing the line as well when it comes to political parties. Still not sure on her. One day she is okay and the next she is really rude. I did like how she did try and turn the converstation and attention back on the personal chef at Stacie's and seemed to roll w/ the chef a bit more than the others.
SO loved this post and BTW--you read my mind!! I love that.

Old 08-16-2010, 03:32 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,751,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post

YOUR ON POINT!

BTW BlueLandrover..agree! They need to stick a few Asians and Latina's!

Old 08-16-2010, 05:21 PM

850 posts, read 1,546,235 times
Cat is very blunt and I like that but there is a time and place for everything. Politics is such an icy subject anyway and should be avoided. They do need more ethics such as Asians and Latina's on the show to mix it up and see other cultures. This show is bit stuck up for me, but hopefully they start to loosen up. I like the drama on New Jersey and Orange County (much more entertaining).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV