Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2010, 11:38 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,051,105 times

Advertisements

Ok, what is up with Erica? Was that all for TV? I'm not mad at Stacie and her husband, they are entitled to their opinion. Whether for gay marriage or not they are entitled to their opinion. I think some people are just old fashioned but it is kind of weird though since they have gay friends. Why would Stacie attend an event for a cause she doesn't believe in? Again, guess it was for TV. But I'm sure Paul gets it.

Stacie should have put a stop to her party turning into a High School cat fight. Cat shouldn't have cried in front of her kids and Erica shouldn't have attacked Cat either. But think it was all for the show. Just can't imagine that people communicate like that in real life.

Loved the guess who the oldest Mother is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2010, 12:31 AM

1,933 posts, read 3,745,263 times
In my eyes, Cat and Erika are very much alike when it comes to saying things. Everytime they are in a room together they always dig the knife into each other. Also they seem to be showing a lot of Erika...I wonder if the Salami's will be on the next season or if not they will be replacing Michaela with Erika? Cat is really a bad example of British people because I have never ever met a woman like her in all the time that I have lived in the UK and in all honesty I hope she doesn't come back next season. Too bad Victoria Beckham doesn't live in DC...she would have been a better British housewife!

As for Stacie and Jason, they are entitled to their beliefs. I do not have a problem with it but I feel like they always act like their poo don't stink. They are very self absorbed and if someone has an opinion immediately Stacie will dole out the race card or just shoot them down in general, that just bugs me out. Again, someone needs to pull the stick out of their a..es.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:54 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,056,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Erika may not be the sweetest person, but Cat deserves to be called out for her negative comments about people. Cat has no problem dishing out hurtful crap to everyone under the guise of "telling it like it is" but the second anyone makes any comment she doesn't like she's in tears talking about how people are out to hurt her and annihilate her. She can dish it out like nobody's business, but she can't take it at all. I am sorry about her friend, that's a terrible loss, but she has been acting horribly long before that happened.

I am a huge supporter of equal rights for gays, but I do understand why religious people want it to be called civil unions instead of marriage. Personally, if there were an equal choice I would choose a secular civil union over a marriage for myself even though I'm heterosexual. There are religious connotations to marriage I'd rather not have. I think all couples, gay and straight should have a secular civil union recognized by the state giving them all the current rights of marriage, and then marriage could be a separate church ceremony and each church could decide who they want to marry as they do already. That would end a lot of the arguments from religious people who feel marriage is about God. It seems to me that Stacie and husband have church issues with gay marriage, and just believe whatever their pastor says, I find that strange and annoying, but I don't think they hate gays.
Couldn't have said it any better!! I think Cat is very much used to dishing out dirt and can't handle it when someone who is as strong if not stronger than her personality wise dishes it out on her. I think Erica had it in on Cat from the "I don't like Tyra" comment and based on that she probably feels that Cat is a racist. I don't believe Cat is, and I don't think that is a strong enough argument to dislike an individual just because they don't like your favorite entertainer.

I like Mary and her husband and I very much like Jason and Stacie. I think they are a good role models. Both bright, witty, intelligent and attractive. They have a lovely family and I think they are a suitable candidate to represent Black America opposed to the Nene and Greg (from Atlanta housewives). Don't get me started on that one..........

I do not see Jason and Stacie as pious or pompous in the least. If that were the case they would never have sat down with Rep Cantania and listened to his ideas. The issue on gay marriage is a tough one, but the way Jason explained it--I agree. I am a firm believer in women and man being married. That is my right and my core belief. If someone else has another view that is fine. I am in no way, shape ,or form at liberty to change anyone's views regarding their very own core beliefs.

Tariq and Michalea---NUTSO!!!! They are probably so broke...and just want to pretend to be something they are not. I honestly felt like last night's episode was so pathetically boring........When does this season end...I kept falling asleep.. I may not watch another episode...I do look forward to the Housewives of Beverly Hills...That should be good tv!!

Old 09-24-2010, 11:54 PM

1,278 posts, read 2,617,625 times
I honestly think Erica was just trying to stir up drama for the show. She's not a housewife but wanted to make her mark somewhere. If she felt that strongly she could have pulled Cat to the side and told her there. She did not have to call her out among friends while her kids were in the next room. But I was surprised by Cat's reaction. I thought she would've stuck up for herself instead on running and crying. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

As for Stacie and her husband, they need to get off their high horse. And yes, I do expect them as minorities to support the rights of other minorities. A few years ago her mother and father would not be able to marry. How would she feel if perfect strangers were able to vote on if her parents would be able to marry or not? I'm sure she wouldn't like in one bit. How can they look their "dear" friend Paul in the eyes and say he shouldn't have the same rights as they do?

Old 09-25-2010, 12:05 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,754,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmusmc85 View Post
I honestly think Erica was just trying to stir up drama for the show. She's not a housewife but wanted to make her mark somewhere. If she felt that strongly she could have pulled Cat to the side and told her there. She did not have to call her out among friends while her kids were in the next room. But I was surprised by Cat's reaction. I thought she would've stuck up for herself instead on running and crying. Maybe she was just having a bad day.

As for Stacie and her husband, they need to get off their high horse. And yes, I do expect them as minorities to support the rights of other minorities. A few years ago her mother and father would not be able to marry. How would she feel if perfect strangers were able to vote on if her parents would be able to marry or not? I'm sure she wouldn't like in one bit. How can they look their "dear" friend Paul in the eyes and say he shouldn't have the same rights as they do?
yea, I think what we,the viewers, wouldn't know (except that the news has already broken) is that Cat and her hubby's marriage was going kaput at the time, What ERICA knew,at the time was that Cat was in a new country with young childrenand a husband who was never home,didn't know many people and one of her best friends had just died.

Amen to your comments regarding Stacie and Jason...............how soon people forget about how equal rights are fought long and hard for in order for ALL to enjoy those rights. I hate how people pick and choose just which "rights" are worthy of their time. If I didn't despise that couple so much I would feel sorry for them. I hope to God they don't have a gay child because people like them -with such a low or no tolerance are the kind of parents whose gay children end up commiting suicide.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:33 AM

884 posts, read 2,638,077 times
Quote:

WHY?
As a minority I support gay marriage. They deserve the same legal rights as anyone else but for the longest time people have tried to lump gay rights in with the Civil Rights movement and they are not one in the same. With many of my peers it is a biblical issue, whereas race is not mentioned in the bible as a deterant to marriage. She said she was all for Civil Unions but not the ceremony of marriage. That to me says she is not on the anti-gay agenda. As a race we AA tend to be very anti-gay and that is a problem that isn't dealt with very well. So no we don't support rights across the board.

Old 09-25-2010, 09:36 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,617,321 times
Because that is not what they are saying. You should rewind that episode and listen to the representative again.

Quote:

Old 09-25-2010, 10:16 PM

2,106 posts, read 3,056,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
WHY?
As a minority I support gay marriage. They deserve the same legal rights as anyone else but for the longest time people have tried to lump gay rights in with the Civil Rights movement and they are not one in the same. With many of my peers it is a biblical issue, whereas race is not mentioned in the bible as a deterant to marriage. She said she was all for Civil Unions but not the ceremony of marriage. That to me says she is not on the anti-gay agenda. As a race we AA tend to be very anti-gay and that is a problem that isn't dealt with very well. So no we don't support rights across the board.
I salute you for that statement...Very well said!!!

Old 09-27-2010, 10:38 AM

1,278 posts, read 2,617,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbluelandrover View Post
WHY?
But civil unions are not the same thing as marriage. If they are so much aliky, why don't we just go ahead and call it marriage? Or vice versa. Because they are NOT the same. They are seperate but not equal. And we all know how that turned out...

And it is a civil rights issue. Gays are not asking for more rights, but just the SAME rights as heterosexual have. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,615,592 times
Quote:
But civil unions are not the same thing as marriage. If they are so much aliky, why don't we just go ahead and call it marriage? Or vice versa. Because they are NOT the same. They are seperate but not equal. And we all know how that turned out...

And it is a civil rights issue. Gays are not asking for more rights, but just the SAME rights as heterosexual have. Whats so hard to understand about that?
I don't understand either. As was recently said about the issue, however, all civil rights struggles eventually resolve in the right way. It's just sad so many families have to wait for such basic rights.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV