Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2010, 09:13 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I liked them, too, at first. Well, at least her. I don't think I ever liked him.

I liked Stacie and her husband is hot but wow, they are just too annoying. It really irked me when she called her brother - fine, half-brother - her step-brother. If he is not their mother's son then why in the world was she contacting him? In fact, why was she contacting him, anyway? Why would he know who her father is? And that ridiculous message that Jason came up with...Man, they irk me. That Nigerian lady did look like she was related to Stacie, though. But anyway, Stacie and Jason are incredibly self-centered, I think, yet they were my two favs for a few weeks.

Reliable Source - The imposter Redskinette: D.C. 'Housewives' recap and fact-check (#7, Sept. 23)
I know-right?
Her step brother? I was left wondering about that.
Also we don't know how old this person is. Why are they stirring up crap within the biological mother's life? Just because Stacie is selfish?
It is so wrong of them to contact someone's son just to get your own way. Like a slap in the face or an 'I'll show you" mentality.
Stacie is a grown woman with what seems a good life; with children and a loving husband so she needs to count her blessings and leave other people's lives alone.
I'm wondering if she thinks she will benefit in a monetary way from this so called Nigerian father. She probably has visions of being Princess Stacie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2010, 11:40 AM

385 posts, read 626,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I know-right?
Her step brother? I was left wondering about that.
Also we don't know how old this person is. Why are they stirring up crap within the biological mother's life? Just because Stacie is selfish?
It is so wrong of them to contact someone's son just to get your own way. Like a slap in the face or an 'I'll show you" mentality.
Stacie is a grown woman with what seems a good life; with children and a loving husband so she needs to count her blessings and leave other people's lives alone.
I'm wondering if she thinks she will benefit in a monetary way from this so called Nigerian father. She probably has visions of being Princess Stacie.
Do you know what it's like to not know your father's own name?
If not, try to think about what it must be like to be in her shoes before you start throwing stones.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:18 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
If not, try to think about what it must be like to be in her shoes before you start throwing stones.
why don't YOU stay ON TOPIC and address your comments TO or about Stacie or a cast member and not worry about what I think? There has been enough of that this season about this show.
I throw freakin stones about what my opinion is about what's going on on a TV show. IF Stacie wanted everyone to agree with her about her views/choices then she went on a reality show not facing reality.
I stand by my comments-each and every one of them about Jason and Stacie----"disgusting,selfish,lookatme,what can I get out of this" kind of people.

Old 10-02-2010, 12:27 PM

2,040 posts, read 3,862,408 times
White house 'gate crashers' polo club files for bankruptcy | HamptonRoads.com | PilotOnline.com

Old 10-02-2010, 01:47 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,858,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post

As a matter of fact I do. Well, my father does. He was adopted and still was not even told the entire truth about his adoption. He found out when he had to have his adoption files opened in order to get his passport and this was after my grandparents had passed. Found out his birth mother did not give him up for adoption till he was close to a year old. So how does THAT feel! He still has no desire whatsoever to know who his birth parents are even though in the files it contained his birth mothers name and his given name by her. No name was on his birth certificate at the time of his birth on who his father was and he doesn't care one bit. Why? Because the ones who raised him he considered to be his REAL parents. Did not matter one bit that he was adopted before he knew it was later than at birth or not. He was happy that he was raised by two loving parents that gave him a great home, loved him, took care of him and taught him great values in life.

See, I too don't even know my own background because my dad was adopted. I could be walking around and socializing, working with, talking to people I'm related to by blood as we still live in the same city and not even know it and I don't care one bit.

The person that popped out the kid they gave up for adoption was only an incubator. The person that planted the sperm was only a donor. It was the ones that actually RAISED the child that are the parents.

Sorry PippySkiddles to go off topic

Old 10-02-2010, 04:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
And I am much like Stacie's mother. If my child ever found me or I found him I would not give him the name of his father and for an excellent reason. Some people need to think before they write. You never know what has happened to someone. Or how or why. Never.

And very few people know the hurt and pain that the last few posts caused.

Old 10-03-2010, 08:21 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,081,029 times
I still don't know how they support themselves

Old 10-03-2010, 09:14 AM

1,786 posts, read 3,460,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
I still don't know how they support themselves
Through the gullibility of others apparently ...

Old 10-04-2010, 09:24 AM

884 posts, read 2,641,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
I will say that this isn't my fav Housewife franchise but I'm still rooting for the hometown. Last night was a pretty good episode though. It's funny when the season first started. I loved the Salahis. Everyone was picking on poor little Michaele and Tareq. They're obviously so much fun. But as the season plugs along you start learning more and more about them and well...I don't think they're being picked on so much.

Watched with a friend and his word for them was "dillusional". According to the Post Michaele was never a Redskins cheerleader despite being a part of the Redskins alumni association and paying dues. Its one thing to lie to impress your friends but to pay money to support said lie? Geez Louise. How did she manage to sneak her name into their alumni association and even posing with the cheerleaders when you look at her you could tell she couldn't keep up with simple routines.

It's always neat to see places I recognize on this and other nationally televised shows. Union Station is one of my favorite buildings in DC. Lynda going out of her way to ensure that the Salahis didn't show up was kinda funny.

Am I the only one that noticed that they totally shot this and last week's episode out of sequence? The gate crashing is the big season finale right? Well that was in November right before Thanksgiving. There were several scenes in which there's snow on the ground. There wasn't a flake of snow in November up here. At least half of the episode was shot in December. Wow so much editing.
I really tried to hang in there since I'm in the area but man is this show boring. I hope this is the last of DC. It is nice to see the local scenery. Many people will come to visit DC and think the place looks awful, but I have to wonder where they are going? Anyhow, I noticed when Stacie had Kat, Erica and Mary at her house that there was snow outdoors when she opened the door. I thought-hmmm that had to be at least December because we got the first snowfall in December.

Old 10-04-2010, 08:38 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times
Let me be the first to say it, Tareq looks like Chester the child molester.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV