Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2010, 12:51 PM

18,408 posts, read 31,536,289 times

Advertisements

why would anyone be interested even in the slightest for these 2 idiots tareq and michale or whatever the fook her name is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 PM

4,502 posts, read 13,450,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
They are the type that walk thru S$%^ and come out smelling like a rose. I don't think anything is in Tarek's name, bet it's all in his Mother's name.

I would have loved a new season, but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

Kind of like Donald Trump......

Tareq mentioned in the reunion that there were 2 companies --- Something like Oasis Vineyards and Oasis Corporation. He probably had everything under those 2 corporate names (or 1 of the names) and blew through credit cards, money, etc and then declared corporate bankruptcy and doesn't have to pay anything back (unlike in a restructuring where you have to pay everything back)

I don't see a new season happening. I think the "housewives" franchise is getting tired. It's all just too predictable. Each "housewives" show has one looney on it that all the others hate and gang up on, they all write books (about what???) or come out with a record contract. YAWWWWWNNNNNN..... The only "housewife" who played it ALL right was Bethenney from NYC --- she was already on her way with "skinny girl" and being on Housewives helped that to rocket.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:29 PM

18,837 posts, read 37,281,021 times
I think that the first season of housewives is more authentic, the rest of the seasons...not worth watching, because they are now "starstruck", and think that they are all that.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
I think that the first season of housewives is more authentic, the rest of the seasons...not worth watching, because they are now "starstruck", and think that they are all that.
Yes! Same thing with "The Apprentice". That first season was amazing! After that, it was so predictable and the side commentary from the cast was so awkward.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:51 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,607,630 times
ok, finally saw the reunion (i know, lightyears behind yall) and all i have 2 say is lol @ the salahis. wow, just wow.

Old 10-28-2010, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
ok, finally saw the reunion (i know, lightyears behind yall) and all i have 2 say is lol @ the salahis. wow, just wow.

I STILL don't "get" them -- people like them, Bernie Madoff, etc. How in the world are you a thief, a liar, etc and can act like everything is OK, you're smiling in people's faces knowing you're a liar, tell stories, etc and just act like it's all RIGHT???????

I just can't wrap my mind around that!

Old 10-29-2010, 05:10 PM

947 posts, read 3,134,969 times
It's called being a pathological liar or just plain crazy.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of people like that. Ann Rule writes books about people like them and Lifetime TV makes some great movies about crazy situations like the one they got themselves into.

Old 10-29-2010, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose Red View Post
It's called being a pathological liar or just plain crazy.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of people like that. Ann Rule writes books about people like them and Lifetime TV makes some great movies about crazy situations like the one they got themselves into.

I know, but I still don't "get it". HOW???? What kind of mind must people like this have??? I'm like that stylist guy on the show (Paul?) --- if the Feds were questioning me, I'd be spilling the beans about everything! I just can't lie like that!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:04 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,058,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
I know, but I still don't "get it". HOW???? What kind of mind must people like this have??? I'm like that stylist guy on the show (Paul?) --- if the Feds were questioning me, I'd be spilling the beans about everything! I just can't lie like that!
You and me both I would be telling everything to keep my Asian azz out of Federal Prison

Note of advice to Mr. Salami: Don't drop the soap in prison Not speaking from personal experience

Old 12-14-2010, 01:35 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,326,976 times
I thought this would be a good place to post about the Salahis:

[LEFT]The Lies
1.) They run the family winery.
The Salahis have had no affiliation with Oasis Winery since February 2008, despite the fact that Tareq has been billing himself as the company's "president and owner." In fact, he was never the president of the winery. In 1994, he was named "general manager," and has never held more than 5% minority interest. In 2006, his mother fired him. The winery hasn't been operational for years. When the couple was featured having a grape stomp on an episode of their reality show, they used store-bought table grapes.

2.) They own a home.
On The Real Housewives of D.C., the Salahis are mostly shown staying in various hotels around the city. This might be because they don't actually live in the small house on the winery's property. A former employee of Oasis stated in 2009 that the couple does not live there, although they might occasionally squat there, which could be the reason that, on one episode of the show, Tareq's mother called the police when she learned they were filming on the property.

3.) America's Polo Cup played India.
India wanted nothing to do with the couple, so instead of canceling the event, they recruited players from Pakistan to pretend to be Indian.

4.) Michaele was a Washington Redskins cheerleader.
Michaele made this claim—and actually performed some routines—with the Redskins on an episode of Real Housewives. However, it was one of the easier lies to dispel, as the Washington Post interviewed the Washington Redskins' alumni group president, Terry Lamb, who said, "We have no record that she ever was a Redskins cheerleader. She was listed on our 1991 roster at Ms. Salahi's request and based on her misrepresentation to us." Apparently, if you pay a fee, you can be listed on the roster, without really being investigated on it. (Unless of course, you become infamous, and then raise suspicions.)

5.) Whoopi Goldberg physically abused Michaele.
This is probably when the general public began to question the Salahis' sanity, as the alleged incident not only occurred in front of a studio audience, but was aired on live TV. There are no "two sides" to this story. When the cast of RHODC appeared on The View, Michaele tried to tap-dance around questions about The White House gate-crashing incident, when Whoopi—who was not appearing on the couch during that segment—came onto the set, gently touched Michaele's arm, and urged her to stay on topic. After the appearance, the Salahis lawyered up (with media ***** Lisa Bloom) and claimed that Whoopi hit Michaele. She didn't.

6.) They were invited to The White House.
It's unclear as to why this is even still questionable, nearly a year after the scandal. Initially, the Salahis said that they were invited via email. Sometimes they said it was through a phone call. But on last week's episode of RHODC, the couple clearly states that they received a printed invite, that they couldn't "find" to show cameras. Last year—before that footage was ever made public—the couple claimed that they couldn't retrieve a voice mail from Pentagon aide Michele Jones because their cellphone battery died. But, again, on last week's episode of the show, they were filmed excitedly talking on their phone as they were driving to The White House.

7.) They give money to charity.
Tareq supposedly founded America's Polo Cup as a fundraising tool. However, recent inquiries have uncovered a misappropriation of funds. While Tareq told the Washington Post in 2008 that he raised $250,000 for his charity Journey for the Cure, he actually pulled in $19,098 in donations, but only disbursed $690 to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and $20 to the U.S. Navy Memorial Fund. It was announced over the weekend that America's Polo Cup—which has a long history of non-payment to vendors—has filed for bankruptcy.

The Lawsuits
1.) Tareq's mother
In 2006, Tareq's father stepped down from his position at the family winery, and his mother Corrine—founder and director of the Montessori School of Alexandria, Virginia—took a more active role. She quickly fired her son (after it was discovered that he was funneling funds from the winery into another company that he created) and the two ended up suing each other over the control of the business. The legal dispute led the company to file for bankruptcy in 2007. In January, 2008, Michaele filed a complaint with the Department of Labor and sued her mother-in-law for lost wages, after she was fired from working the bar at the winery. Interestingly, Michaele was awarded $14,000, but told the Labor board "it wasn't worth it" and walked away from the case.

2.) Wedding vendors
The Salahis wed in 2003 with an extravagant celebration that included 1,836 guests. Michaele's dress cost $6,000, but Tareq filed federal fraud charges against the bridal shop when it attempted to process his credit card. The store eventually was paid, but only after spending $9,000 on legal fees. Michaele also reportedly ran up a tab into the thousands for her hair and makeup for the day, which was never paid.

3.) Hair
In 2007, Michaele was sued for $4000 by a different stylist for an "urgent" appointment to update her blond hair extensions, for which human hair was ordered and overnighted to the salon. A judge found in favor of the stylist, but the money is still unpaid.

4.) Plastic surgery
Last month, Dr. Navin Singh of Ivy Plastic Surgery in Maryland filed a lawsuit against Michaele for $500 for "unnamed procedures."

5.) The cast of Real Housewives of D.C.
The Salahis' lawyer recently contacted the other cast members of the show, threatening lawsuits, if the cast members continue to "defame" the couple over whether or not they were invited to The White House. Nothing has been filed as of yet.

6.) Everybody else
As of November 2009, the Salahis were named in 16 civil suits, by vendors, former employees, neighbors, and at least three couples who held their weddings at Oasis Winery. (Tareq was even arrested and charged with petty larceny after an incident occurred involving the attempted repossession of his car for nonpayment, that ended in Tareq threatening the tow truck driver with a gun.) Since then, more vendors have come out of the woodwork, seeking payment for services rendered for America's Polo Cup (like an Uncle Sam impersonator and a PR firm), many of them featured on a recent episode of HBO's Real Sports.
Perhaps the best lawsuit was back in December 2009, when the Salahis were being sued for nonpayment by their landscaper. The judge on the case ordered Tareq to give the watch off his wrist—allegedly worth $325,000—to the plaintiff to cover his debt of $2000. It turned out that the watch didn't work, and was actually a fake, worth less than $100.[/LEFT]

Read more: Salahi 101: A Guide To The Lawsuits & Lies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV