Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2010, 10:41 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,888 times

Advertisements

Just finished watching and definitely wont be watching this again. Its horrible, boring and I rather watch CSPAN for action.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2010, 10:49 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,415 times
You know what? All I can do is LOL. Some of these women are actually serious. & as a black woman too, I dislike Stacie. Wayyyy too oversensitive. I think Michaele's kind of cool actually & that one "model agency owner" chick is funny but she looks like a sh*tstirrer.

Old 08-05-2010, 10:57 PM

1,677 posts, read 1,668,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Stacie annoys me. I can't believe she and her guests got so offended by the fact that the lady was "bashing" Tyra & Obama and they both happen to be black. So what? It's not like she knows either of them or the lady said something negative about all black people. Why is she offended because the lady thinks Tyra is an idiot?
I think maybe it was her imitation of Tyra that shocked them a bit. It could be viewed ambiguously.

Being British, she probably didn't get the whole nuance of how she may be coming off, and how sensitive the subject is here. She's blunt, and very much like most of the Brits I've known.

In DC, you have to be more diplomatic than that, which is why I left DC several years ago.

How about that modeling agency woman...Linda? At the birthday party I noticed she rates people by tiers - tier 1, tier 2, etc. She referred to one of the others as belonging to tier 2. LOL, wow, typical self-important elitism that rules DC.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:01 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOriginalMrsX View Post
Just finished watching and definitely wont be watching this again. Its horrible, boring and I rather watch CSPAN for action.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
You know what? All I can do is LOL. Some of these women are actually serious. & as a black woman too, I dislike Stacie. Wayyyy too oversensitive. I think Michaele's kind of cool actually & that one "model agency owner" chick is funny but she looks like a sh*tstirrer.
I had another post up but I deleted it so I could merge these two.

MrsX, something about your post made me laugh out loud. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it! Maybe it'll get better for ya after time

Chanteuse, I agree with you. I don't dislike Stacie, but she made a very premature assumption. I mean, hello, the woman obviously likes her because she accepted Stacie's invite to come to her house. If she was racist, she never would've talked to Stacie, wouldn't have eaten that food, and wouldn't have been cordial to Lynda's man.

Michaele, yeah, I didn't have a problem with her either. Maybe we'll see other aspects of her besides the White House crashing.

Mary looks good to have 5 kids. She's in better shape than a lot of men and women who've never had kids--myself included

May my and everyone else's optimism make this into a good show Lord knows NJ has been the opposite this season!

Old 08-05-2010, 11:13 PM

1,933 posts, read 3,750,888 times
I have to say the one thing I did like about it was Mary's closet! Definitely investing one of those locks!

Michaela is way too skinny and Bravo shouldn't focus all their energy on them.

Cat....whoah.......I lived in England and I never met anyone like her....her voice drives me nuts...its like she got a pack of Silk Cuts stuck in her throat ...I like that she is outspoken and blunt but that can be easily misconstrued.

Stacie...way to sensitive....

Mr. X said Bravo specifically pick Linda cause she looks like a surprised skinny version of Danielle.

Ahhh still rather watch CSpan unless it picks up tempo...

Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,625,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBrakeforTailgaters View Post
I didn't want to start discussing the show so early, but I just finished watching it too. I have to admit that I always have an early focus on the minorities on these shows since I am one myself. So when Stacie started playing the race card, I was literally screaming, "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Stacie, PLEASE don't go there!!!" Bush was never really one of my favorites, but if she liked the man outside of politics more than Obama, then that's her opinion. Cat wasn't lying when she said Tyra was overly dramatic. I think she's very self-absorbed, if I may say so myself.

Besides that, I actually enjoyed the first episode. And I did agree with Stacie's initial comment--you can't claim DC if you live in McLean!!! But then again, none of the Atlanta housewives live in Atlanta proper. And where in the world is Virginia wine country--Spotsylvania County????
Are you asking about Spotsylvania County and why it would be included in the DC area? On 9/11 when the plane crashed in DC my daughter was in charge of a day care in Spotsylvania County. This area is so organized that they already had everything in place for an emergency such as this. It is definitely part of DC area. She got a call early in the day letting her know what to do with any children who had parents that for some reason could not leave DC. Her daycare was empty soon after that. Most of the parents of the children left DC to collect their children and be with their families.

Just take I-95 North to Highway 3 and head for the Skyline Drive. You will see the wine country and it is beautiful.

Whoopi was really rude to put her hands on a guest on any part of the body. I personally would never watch the View or housewives of anything, but it is a little hard to ignore three news shows. I think it was probably staged for ratings, but surely the lady did not come on that show to be "handled." I have seen many people fired for doing less, but on that show, she will probably get a raise. Guess their parents never taught them to be polite to invited guests. I know the lady crashed the White House party, but I cannot imagine her being on the View without being invited.

I have seen the View a couple of times in a doctor's waiting room. It was not my job to choose the programs that day.

Last edited by NCN; 08-05-2010 at 11:46 PM..

Old 08-05-2010, 11:39 PM

2,303 posts, read 5,679,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Are you asking about Spotsylvania County and why it would be included in the DC area? On 9/11 when the plane crashed in DC my daughter was in charge of a day care in Spotsylvania County. This area is so organized that they already had everything in place for an emergency such as this. It is definitely part of DC area. She got a call early in the day letting her know what to do with any children who had parents that for some reason could not leave DC. Her daycare was empty soon after that. Most of the parents of the children left DC to collect their children and be with their families.
I was just saying Spotsylvania County because I remember it's between Richmond and Washington and I actually liked that name for some reason I don't doubt that it's in the DC area because it's very much so in Northern Virginia. I just didn't know what is considered to be Virginia wine country. It just seems like it's too far outside of DC for Michaela and her husband to claim to live in DC. Kinda like how folks in Gwinnett, Cherokee, Coweta and such counties in Georgia claim they live in Atlanta; however, they don't even live in the Perimeter. Let me correct myself--Michaela said she goes to DC daily and didn't say she lives there. However, wherever she lives--it looked quite rural, and just for some reason makes me wonder why they couldn't pick anyone else to be on the show. You've got Arlington, Alexandria, and all those other suburbs right there beside DC. She just seems a bit distant compared to the others.

MrsX, I do agree with your hubby....Lynda does look kinda like Danielle.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:45 AM

2,385 posts, read 4,333,208 times
I liked Stacie.

As far as Cat goes, I think it's ok to be blunt, but you have to know your audience. I'm blunt too, but if I see people are feeling uncomfortable, I stop, otherwise it's just selfish, i.e., I'm going to say whatever I want no matter who is offended by it. That's just rude and insensitive. And I do think whatever housewife said that Cat wasn't making the smartest choice by smack-talking her husband's employer (i.e. photographer to the White House), she was absolutely right, esp. ON TV for heaven sakes.

Old 08-06-2010, 05:57 AM

7,365 posts, read 5,480,532 times
I watched and was not disappointed, this show is going to be the trainwreck the other housewives shows are. You can already tell Michaele is the one everyone is going to be hating on. When I saw Mary's husband trying on the pink and flowered pants I thought oh, no, another Simon! Cat's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. So far I like Stacie and Linda.

Old 08-06-2010, 07:37 AM

352 posts, read 796,730 times
I did watch the first episode last night and this group of "ladies" have potential...for fireworks! So much animosity showing at this early stage. At the beginning they said something about Mary (?) being the daughter or possibly grand-daughter of Arthur Godfrey..did I get that right? He did live in and around Leesburg, Va.. Also, there are many vineyards in Loudoun County,Va.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV