Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 04:35 PM

305 posts, read 798,232 times

Advertisements

Glad to hear you say that, Gayle. I actually find the show to have a lot of humor which, for me, breaks up some of the tension of the other talent competitions. I like seeing people have fun.

For example, did you see the guy who wrote a tribute to Hasselhoff? Amazing! So funny and the judges got a kick out of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2009, 10:23 AM

8,176 posts, read 18,534,548 times
I have a problem with the judges....

Isn't it America's Got Talent?

Piers is the only judge I can take seriously and he isn't from here.
Sharon Osborne is.....well she's Sharon Osborne and isn't from here.

That leaves us with David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff. Can anyone take him seriously?

This distracts me from taking the whole show seriously.

I try every couple of weeks or so but just can't do it.

Old 07-01-2009, 05:50 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
The talent just keeps getting better and better.....or at least we think so! Boy, put the Robot Band, the Little Girl Band and that Magician (from the first auditions) together in Vegas and we SURE WOULD buy a ticket to see them!

Old 07-01-2009, 07:36 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,692,067 times
That unemployed farmer can really sing and I hope he gets some recognition out of this show because he deserves a shot.

Old 07-01-2009, 10:28 AM

1,532 posts, read 2,647,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
That unemployed farmer can really sing and I hope he gets some recognition out of this show because he deserves a shot.
Oh, I know!! Everyone kind of made him out to be a joke, but before he sung I said "Watch, he'll probably be awesome!" Sure enough, the "chicken catcher" was really good and surprised everyone!

We only get one channel where we're at, and we rarely watch TV, but the kids and I get a kick out of this show!!

My son wants to go on that show and play guitar (he better get a band!) and my daughter wants to sing, dance and do gymnastics (she's going to be one busy girl!)

Old 07-02-2009, 09:19 AM

305 posts, read 798,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Lady123 View Post
Completely agree with you. If you guys haven't seen, you should really check him out here. Some news source are calling him America's Susan Boyle. I think he could go really far! I just wonder how he'll handle all that attention. It can be a culture shock, especially for someone like him who is used to a quieter life style.

Regardless, I wish him the best!

Old 07-03-2009, 12:19 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,912,608 times
The Hoff and Osbourne are okay enough to judge this type of talent contest. That other guys, Piers ruins the show for me. He's more about his own image than any of the talent he sees. Thumbs down for that jerk.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:46 PM

267 posts, read 1,287,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by takeyouhigher View Post
Completely agree with you. If you guys haven't seen, you should really check him out here. Some news source are calling him America's Susan Boyle. I think he could go really far! I just wonder how he'll handle all that attention. It can be a culture shock, especially for someone like him who is used to a quieter life style.

Regardless, I wish him the best!
Caught the show last night (semi-finals) here in the UK. That guy is great and I like the fact he's unassuming. Very good bet to win I think.

Old 07-04-2009, 12:48 PM

267 posts, read 1,287,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granny Sue View Post
I have a problem with the judges....

Isn't it America's Got Talent?

Piers is the only judge I can take seriously and he isn't from here.
Sharon Osborne is.....well she's Sharon Osborne and isn't from here.

That leaves us with David "The Hoff" Hasselhoff. Can anyone take him seriously?

This distracts me from taking the whole show seriously.

I try every couple of weeks or so but just can't do it.
I guess you get Brits as it's on Simon Cowell's production company and he gives jobs to his buddies. But agree Piers is a bit of a self important so and so. Particularly as he was fired for being a poor newspaper editor.

Old 07-09-2009, 06:42 AM

8,942 posts, read 20,367,927 times
I happen to like Piers a lot! He tells it the way he sees it. Anyone can tell that Sharon likes little kids and David likes the "foxy Honey's", but Piers definitely looks at the talent. That is why he is there......to judge talent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
The Hoff and Osbourne are okay enough to judge this type of talent contest. That other guys, Piers ruins the show for me. He's more about his own image than any of the talent he sees. Thumbs down for that jerk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV