U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 05:18 PM

14,699 posts, read 13,156,959 times
Default vincent d'onofrio is looking rough!

Why is he looking like Dan Haggarty these days?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2009, 05:38 PM

12,892 posts, read 7,296,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Why is he looking like Dan Haggarty these days?
I've been telling my hubby that he's reminding me of Orson Wells lately. I think Vincent is either too tightly wound or feeling sorry for himself. (IMO) I remember when they had to split into two CI teams because Vincent was "tired and "overworked"". I love the guy and they are my fave detectives but come on now! How can an actor be "overworked"? He really reminds me of OW.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:20 AM

4,908 posts, read 7,191,162 times
It's too bad. He used to be a good looking man. Loved him in Mystic Pizza, way back when...

Old 06-10-2009, 09:49 AM

14,699 posts, read 13,156,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I've been telling my hubby that he's reminding me of Orson Wells lately. I think Vincent is either too tightly wound or feeling sorry for himself. (IMO) I remember when they had to split into two CI teams because Vincent was "tired and "overworked"". I love the guy and they are my fave detectives but come on now! How can an actor be "overworked"? He really reminds me of OW.
Ya, he does kind of look like Orson now that you mention it.

I wouldn't know from experience but I am sure even acting takes a lot out of you. I know that there are a lot of long days and I am sure it is harder on some than others. Vincent never seemed like he was in great shape to begin with so that probably factors in. One thing to remember is that before they brought Logan and others on board, Goren and Eames were in almost every scene of every show. Unlike the slackers over at SVU or the flagship L&O. lol

Old 06-10-2009, 01:57 PM

7,627 posts, read 7,477,005 times
He had a nervous breakdown and that is why L&O CI split into two teams . I do think that he is still good looking .

Old 06-10-2009, 02:15 PM

7,852 posts, read 11,995,933 times
He really , though, does look almost like a different person from only five years ago. I wonder if he's all right. I think he's wonderful & impossible not to watch.

Be kinder than necessary for everyone is fighting some kind of battle.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM

1,858 posts, read 2,930,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
He had a nervous breakdown and that is why L&O CI split into two teams . I do think that he is still good looking .
I think you're confusing his personal life w/his acting role on CI, he went to the hospital due to exhaustion in 2004, not a nervous breakdown. The show split into two teams in part due to him requesting it in his new contract, and I think to some extent they wanted to bring Chris Noth back into the mix.

I actually like Jeff Goldblum's character (& his acting) as the alternate team this season, think it's a good change-up from Vincent's style.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM

12,892 posts, read 7,296,401 times
I have never been a Jeff Goldblum fan but as I've said before, I really like him on tv! I loved his short-lived series, Raines and was very disappointed when it went off the air after what, 6 eppies? So I was looking forward to seeing him take Chris Noth's place and he didn't disappoint me! He "plays" quirky to a tee.

It's not so much that Vincent "looks" like Orson Wells, his new found girth and beard can make me think only of OW. Yet as I watched the other night, I still saw a very handsome man.

I think Hollywood uses the term "exhaustion" for having a breakdown. Your mind does not function properly if your body and brain are exhausted. TBH I think a little of D'Onofrio is in Goran's character.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:53 PM

1,615 posts, read 2,407,837 times
I have that same feeling. I really believe a part of him is Goren.

Whatever reason he has for cutting back, I hope he is getting the rest he needs.

Old 06-10-2009, 06:47 PM

2,182 posts, read 3,991,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
It's too bad. He used to be a good looking man. Loved him in Mystic Pizza, way back when...
Even better - as Thor (or Dawson) in Adventures in Babysitting. Swoon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV