Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:05 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,182,815 times

Advertisements

Wow! I know law enforcement needs some more help getting the "bad people" but those quotes posted by sinsativ are really, really scary! Hell, put a cop near me and just out of nervousness I'll act guilty for no more reason than a cop makes me nervous! So, say I have over $100.00 in my pocketbook and I get stopped because I may look like some druggie and I get all nervous because I have been stopped, I can be arrested because I have over $100.00 in my purse????? Am I reading that correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 03:13 PM

I also watched Raising the Bar because it was on after The Closer. I'll give it another shot next week and see how it goes. That scumbag (almost) ex of Bobbie's sure is a piece of work!

I was wondering about all the comraderie after at the bar. I couldn't be friends I don't think with a person who is fighting me everyday in court. Maybe I'm being silly but I don't think I could seperate the two worlds.

Old 06-10-2009, 04:48 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
... I was wondering about all the comraderie after at the bar. I couldn't be friends I don't think with a person who is fighting me everyday in court. Maybe I'm being silly but I don't think I could seperate the two worlds.
Yes I think that is silly too. Shows like Ali McBeal, police procedurals, etc, after work they all go to the favorite bar/club and merrily drink and dance the night away - every night. LA LA LA... Don't they have homes and families?

Old 06-10-2009, 05:04 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,251,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I watched the premier Monday because it came on after The Closer. I didn't know it was scheduled. Yes the premise was a bit unbelievable, but I like the characters. They were solid performances and production is good with no shabbiness around the edges. I will probably keep watching.

I watched it a couple of times last year, its first. The only thing that I remember from a TV critic's review was how much he hated Jerry's hair Perhaps the haircut is symbolic of a change or growth of the character.

I think I have finally gotten over seeing Jane Kaczmarek as "Malcolm's Mom." It's hard when an actor gets so typecast with their first role. I enjoy her curmudgeonly judge. Do you remember Fred Gwynne as the judge in My Cousin Vinny? "What is a yoot?"

The promos for the upcoming series Hawthorne look like another good show coming too. Next Tuesday TNT - HawthoRNe
I like Jane Kaczmarek. I met her at a rally for Al Gore in 2000. Jerry's former hairstyle would be a distraction for me as a jury member. Do you remember Gloria Reuben from ER? I like her character on RTB.

Old 06-10-2009, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aedan View Post
Those are the only show i like on TnT. The rest like leverage and raising bar are boring. I hope Hawthorne doesn't follow the same route it looks promising.
I hope HawthoRNe (clever title) doesn't become another soap like ER, Brothers and Sisters, et al. Nurse Jackie on Showtime is more my speed. LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
I also watched Raising the Bar because it was on after The Closer. I'll give it another shot next week and see how it goes. That scumbag (almost) ex of Bobbie's sure is a piece of work!

I was wondering about all the comraderie after at the bar. I couldn't be friends I don't think with a person who is fighting me everyday in court. Maybe I'm being silly but I don't think I could seperate the two worlds.
From my experience working closely with lawyers, this is exactly the way they function. They fight like cats and dogs in court, then go have lunch or dinner together. Crazy, I know.
Edit: On second thought, my cats and dogs have always been friendly to one another. LOL

Old 06-10-2009, 08:41 PM

2,982 posts, read 9,831,828 times
Quote:
Wow! I know law enforcement needs some more help getting the "bad people" but those quotes posted by sinsativ are really, really scary! Hell, put a cop near me and just out of nervousness I'll act guilty for no more reason than a cop makes me nervous! So, say I have over $100.00 in my pocketbook and I get stopped because I may look like some druggie and I get all nervous because I have been stopped, I can be arrested because I have over $100.00 in my purse????? Am I reading that correctly?
Unfortunately very correctly, (sic) here in a little East Texas town, Tenaha, a while back Feb. 2009, this type of abuse was going on, people traveling throught the town, whether speeding, running a red light, turning on red, burping or farting in public, were stopped, especially if they had out of state plates. The police force would check the auto, and if they could "create" any probable cause, would impound the car, all valuables, cash, and then get the person(s) to sign a waiver stating that they wouldn't file charges if they would just let it all go away and forget it ever happened. Sad Story.

Asset forfeiture law in need of revisions (http://www.mysanantonio.com/opinion/editorials/Asset_forfeiture_law_in_need_of_revisions.html - broken link)

Old 06-11-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinsativ View Post
Unfortunately very correctly, (sic) here in a little East Texas town, Tenaha, a while back Feb. 2009, this type of abuse was going on, people traveling throught the town, whether speeding, running a red light, turning on red, burping or farting in public, were stopped, especially if they had out of state plates. The police force would check the auto, and if they could "create" any probable cause, would impound the car, all valuables, cash, and then get the person(s) to sign a waiver stating that they wouldn't file charges if they would just let it all go away and forget it ever happened. Sad Story.

Asset forfeiture law in need of revisions
OMG!!! I also noted that all the "victims" were black. KKK alive and well down there. Man, if I'd've ever gotten stopped down there and had that crap pulled on me, I might still be sittin' there! I'd fight them tooth and nail and hopefully survive! That kind of stuff must be stopped!

Old 06-11-2009, 07:50 PM

I thought Boston Legal was more of a politically oriented show (like West Wing). Yes, it was over the top, but lots of people don't like to read and it brought current issues to the forefront in a format that was entertaining.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:47 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,186,118 times
New episode tonight, right after The Closer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV