Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 10:34 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,080,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Sheldon wasn't lying about sex in order to gain the admiration of others for his stud abilities, he was lying because it provided him with an excuse for having been outperformed in his career work by his rival, Kripke.
True, but he's quickly learning how much telling Kripke stories makes a co-worker he now considers "smarter" admire him. It's just a matter of time before he starts to manipulate this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
True, but he's quickly learning how much telling Kripke stories makes a co-worker he now considers "smarter" admire him. It's just a matter of time before he starts to manipulate this.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. His first lie to Kripke as an excuse for his work not being as good as Kripke's turned into something he could turn into kind of a bragging thing.

But now I am wondering, what will Amy think if she gets wind of this?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

She'd ride that wave for all it's worth. I could see her finding ways to plant some questions for Kripke to ask.

I wonder where they'll have them do it. At Amy's house--with the smoking monkey watching? Will Amy decide they should have a cigarette afterwards and swipe it from the monkey?

Old 02-03-2013, 08:38 AM

777 posts, read 1,336,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. His first lie to Kripke as an excuse for his work not being as good as Kripke's turned into something he could turn into kind of a bragging thing.

I think Amy will be, "I've heard you were telling people we've engaged in sexual relations. I think it's time to make that come true." hahahaha (Imagine Sheldon's face).

Old 02-03-2013, 10:39 AM

One other note about last Thursday's episode--loved the subplot where Raj and Howard got action figures of themselves, and they didn't look like them, were a bit offensive, and were outrageously expensive.

I wish they had left out the plot of them buying the replicator machine. That was a bit much. But the incredibly ugly action figures were funny, and so was seeing Raj try to play with his.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:16 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,724,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
One other note about last Thursday's episode--loved the subplot where Raj and Howard got action figures of themselves, and they didn't look like them, were a bit offensive, and were outrageously expensive.

I wish they had left out the plot of them buying the replicator machine. That was a bit much. But the incredibly ugly action figures were funny, and so was seeing Raj try to play with his.
Except that a 3D printer is something any nerd would probably blow their money on if they got the chance.

Old 02-03-2013, 01:52 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,222 times
Or try to blow Bernadette's money on! I always did think that joint accounts for couples wasn't such a good thing...glad she dropped him off the account!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:04 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,442,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Or try to blow Bernadette's money on! I always did think that joint accounts for couples wasn't such a good thing...glad she dropped him off the account!
Oh so do I! My ex would have done such a thing! That's why I kept a separate account besides the joint account after the first year of our marriage. Two paychecks was just too tempting for him. I was the frugal one.

I agree that if Amy discovers that Sheldon is saying they had sex, she will do her best to make that come true. She will do her darndest to either guilt him into it or use whatever wiles she can. He kind of owes her now that he has used her in his story. Or at least maybe she might see it that way.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:36 PM

LOL guess I just live in a frugal nerd zone. Can't see anyone I know buying a $5000 machine like that no matter how cool it is. But what can I say, we're nerdy but cheap!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Sheldon wasn't lying about sex in order to gain the admiration of others for his stud abilities, he was lying because it provided him with an excuse for having been outperformed in his career work by his rival, Kripke.
Exactly. He was covering for his poor performance, not bragging about sexcapades.

I find Bernadette's treatment of Howard to be somewhat insulting.
I do believe he should have talked to her about it, but half of $5000 to buy something he actually could use at work (which makes me wonder why he didn't requisition it from the university) doesn't seem totally inappropriate.

I did some googling into how much money these guys should be making - even an assistant professor at Caltech makes close to $100k. Full prof makes $155k.

Wolowitz is an engineer and not on faculty. He's not working in the private sector, so his pay would be a little less, but given what he does, I would not expect him to make 'peanuts.' My cousin worked at JPL and he didn't make 'peanuts.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV