Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2013, 05:34 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,003,833 times

Advertisements

I think she should go into the t-shirt biz and sell shirts that say "bazinga!" That'll give her something she gets back from Sheldon (since it's his saying) and also allow TBBT to slip in a topical references since shirts saying "Bazinga" are now popping up in stores. And she and Sheldon could have some interesting discussions about his "cut" since it's his phrase. They could devise an app to sell the shirts that says "Bazinga!"

Agreed that we need to see more of Penny's girl friends from outside the group, and let her have a life outside the group. What happened to all those people from her football party or that she used to go dancing with?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
I think she should go into the t-shirt biz and sell shirts that say "bazinga!" That'll give her something she gets back from Sheldon (since it's his saying) and also allow TBBT to slip in a topical references since shirts saying "Bazinga" are now popping up in stores. And she and Sheldon could have some interesting discussions about his "cut" since it's his phrase. They could devise an app to sell the shirts that says "Bazinga!"

Agreed that we need to see more of Penny's girl friends from outside the group, and let her have a life outside the group. What happened to all those people from her football party or that she used to go dancing with?
Yes, and remember her Halloween party where she wore that cute pussycat costume? That's the one where Sheldon dressed as a doppler radar pattern? Penny had lots of friends there too.

Leonard didn't seem to fit in with her friends at the football viewing party a bit harder at a later date. I never thought it quite fair to expect Penny to abandon all her friends to fit in with his exclusively. I wonder too what happened when they were apart. Did she go back to her old friends?

Other than the Raj part of the equation, I really think that the writers are dropping the ball with Penny just as much if not more. Everyone else is developing but I think Penny is not.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:22 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,287,183 times
Didn't Penny say something one time to the effect to Leonard, "I can't go back to dating stupid guys". To me the same holds true with most of her friends. She has grown past them. Now having a new set of friends and maybe having some career success dropping the waitress gig would be good.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Didn't Penny say something one time to the effect to Leonard, "I can't go back to dating stupid guys". To me the same holds true with most of her friends. She has grown past them. Now having a new set of friends and maybe having some career success dropping the waitress gig would be good.
Stupid guys maybe but you don't give up your girfriends. At least not all of them. And maybe not all of your casual guy friends either. And I can't see her giving up all her interests like sports either. I know a lot of intelligent people who follow sports like football etc.

I just don't see Penny giving up all of her former life as realistic especially because she really hasn't seemed to embraced gaming and Cons etc. She still is strongly into her acting career and that's good. Maybe they can play that up for her and give her more friends from acting classes.

Old 03-04-2013, 03:27 PM

4,055 posts, read 5,625,995 times
Okay. I want her to get a gig that would take her out of town! I vote for Hawaii or some other exotic area. Then some of the others could go with her for a weekend or more! They get in a rut sometimes...besides I think Penny would look great in a Hawaiian-style outfit!

Old 03-04-2013, 04:24 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,003,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Okay. I want her to get a gig that would take her out of town! I vote for Hawaii or some other exotic area. Then some of the others could go with her for a weekend or more! They get in a rut sometimes...besides I think Penny would look great in a Hawaiian-style outfit!
LOL LOL well I would certainly enjoy seeing how the guys manage to nerd up their Hawaiian outfits. Especially Sheldon in a Hawaiian shirt. And Amy buying a coconut bra (can't quite see her modeling it, but they could show her from behind with the focus on the guys stunned reaction....)

Old 03-04-2013, 08:01 PM

How about giving Penny a role on a soap opera? That would be a hoot. Leonard would be jealous of her hot co-star. You know those georgous guys on the soaps who are always taking their shirts off?

That could be an on-going problem with them and it could get poor Penny out of the Cheese Cake Factory as long as her contract with the Soap lasted.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:00 PM

692 posts, read 1,001,396 times
Quote:
How about giving Penny a role on a soap opera?
co-starring Wil Wheaton or she gets a bit part in the next Star Trek movie.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:05 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,021,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
How about giving Penny a role on a soap opera?

How about Penny lands the female lead in a sit com about an aspiring actress who moves in across the hall from some nerdy scientists? Sheldon, Leonard, Howard and Raj become infuriated by the show's ( 'The Grand Unification Theory") mocking depiction of Sherman, Bernard, Heyward and Ming Lee, while her character, Jenny, comes across as much wiser and likable.

It turns out that the show was based on an idea that Stuart sold to a studio.

Old 03-04-2013, 10:18 PM

2,325 posts, read 2,643,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Stupid guys maybe but you don't give up your girfriends. At least not all of them. And maybe not all of your casual guy friends either. And I can't see her giving up all her interests like sports either. I know a lot of intelligent people who follow sports like football etc.

I just don't see Penny giving up all of her former life as realistic especially because she really hasn't seemed to embraced gaming and Cons etc. She still is strongly into her acting career and that's good. Maybe they can play that up for her and give her more friends from acting classes.

Over time she's gotten closer to the guys - they've become her group and they are very convenient. Plus it's hard to socialize with a boyfriend and friends he has no common ground with. And now she's got Amy and Bernadette for girl friends - they do things regularly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV