Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times

Advertisements

I would love to see Nathan Fillion on TBBT. They have already had Summer Glau on the show so maybe.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 05:13 PM

1,492 posts, read 1,618,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I would love to see Nathan Fillion on TBBT. They have already had Summer Glau on the show so maybe.......
Nathen Fillion on TBBT as ??????????????????

How about he appears as a desperate washed up actor from some long cancelled science fiction TV show, who they meet at a Comic Con?

Old 08-21-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyTarge13 View Post
Nathen Fillion on TBBT as ??????????????????

How about he appears as a desperate washed up actor from some long cancelled science fiction TV show, who they meet at a Comic Con?
That's a good one. I didn't get that far. I just like seeing Nathan Fillion. That's why I watch Castle.

I could see him being on Sheldon's enemies list for the cancellation of Firefly. Not that it was his fault but knowing Sheldon, I could see him blaming Mal Reynolds for it.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:30 PM

11,635 posts, read 12,703,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
It's a tempting idea, though. I wonder how vital it is to actually have Shatner appear? Wouldn't there be ways to write it where all Penny did was talk about working with Captain Kirk? They could probably find a way to make it just as fun without needing to have him appear.
They did that with Action Figure Spock and only used Nimoy's voice. They talked about him in the napkin episode. But Shatner wants to come on the show. He's said it interviews several times and "Penny" already was on a real Priceline commercial. Come on already. William Shatner is 83 years old. He was just on Hot in Cleveland with Carol Burnett. I wish Carol Burnett would guest as Sheldon's mee maw and do her Tarzan yell.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
They did that with Action Figure Spock and only used Nimoy's voice. They talked about him in the napkin episode. But Shatner wants to come on the show. He's said it interviews several times and "Penny" already was on a real Priceline commercial. Come on already. William Shatner is 83 years old. He was just on Hot in Cleveland with Carol Burnett. I wish Carol Burnett would guest as Sheldon's mee maw and do her Tarzan yell.
I would like to see Vicki Lawrence as Sheldon's Meemaw as she was in the character in Mama's Family.

Old 08-22-2013, 05:28 AM

22,920 posts, read 28,268,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Speaking about interesting ways to do the final episode, it would be fun to somehow incorporate this scene. Always fun to have inside jokes from an unaired pilot on a final episode. Maybe it could be a daydream. I could see Amy coming up with a daydream like that while she struggles with whether or not she'd really like to have Sheldon become a more sexual person, and what that might actually be like.
I saw a couple of episodes from the first season the other day, and there were a lot of elements about the characters they later changed. Besides Sheldon being a lot more sexual in the early episodes, he also hated and was allergic to cats.

All shows take a while to find their feet in the first season. TBBT was no exception. I actually watched it when it first started and HATED it. The writing was really stiff, and the actors hadn't yet found their characters. It was painfully obvious that they had a bunch of non-nerds trying to write about nerds and just falling back on all the usual untrue stereotypes. I came back about halfway through Season 2, and it was like a totally different show. The writers and actors had both finally found the characters.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 AM

8,578 posts, read 7,074,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
All shows take a while to find their feet in the first season. TBBT was no exception. I actually watched it when it first started and HATED it. The writing was really stiff, and the actors hadn't yet found their characters. It was painfully obvious that they had a bunch of non-nerds trying to write about nerds and just falling back on all the usual untrue stereotypes. I came back about halfway through Season 2, and it was like a totally different show. The writers and actors had both finally found the characters.
I was that way in the beginning. I pretty much ignored the show when it came out and the following season. I came upon it in Season 3 and I've enjoyed it ever since. You're right, the writers found the characters and I think the show found it's pulse. Yep, I'm definitely a fan these days.

Old 08-22-2013, 02:13 PM

454 posts, read 793,755 times
Probably one of the few comedy series that i ever found funny.. i really like the show, and come to find a bit of myself in each of the characters!

hoping Penny/Leonard eventually get together permanently

Old 08-23-2013, 11:44 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyLady View Post
I was that way in the beginning. I pretty much ignored the show when it came out and the following season. I came upon it in Season 3 and I've enjoyed it ever since. You're right, the writers found the characters and I think the show found it's pulse. Yep, I'm definitely a fan these days.
Me too! I watched one episode when it first came out, and ignored it for a long time after that. Who knew I would become a big fan years later? That first time, it seemed pretty run of the mill and uninteresting. I don't even remember which episode it was. Didn't watch again until Season 3, at which point I thought it had become much more interesting. Didn't become a regular viewer until a year or so later, but that was because other things were going on in my life. Now I'm watching re-runs to fill in a few blanks.

Old 08-23-2013, 03:08 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
That's a good one. I didn't get that far. I just like seeing Nathan Fillion. That's why I watch Castle.
TBBT episode with a joke about

Firefly, and

another mention of Firefly, and

Raj mentions the show by name.

Sheldon mentions Firefly and Serenity.

I think there were other quick references to the show. Summer Glau mentions it as part of her career when she guest starred.

The ratings improved dramatically as they started to get girlfriends. Their scenes keep the show from being too repetitive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV