Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 10:53 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,007 times

Advertisements

I like the idea of Mary Cooper coming to protest something with a church group and embarrassing Sheldon.
I love the idea of Stuart's shop being featured for something, too. Raj being in an arranged relationship (or an attempt) by visiting parents would be neat. I did like their virtual interaction with Howard's mother. Maybe Howard's mother and that dentist moving in (someone mentioned that?) and his reaction to her having a new man in his life would be a funny secondary storyline.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 11:23 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
I love all three of these. There is so much that can be done with Mary Cooper still.
I believe that Laurie Metcalf is in a TV show of some sort this year. She was nominated for a Tony this past year for a play.

I wonder about her availability.

There is talk about bringing MeeMaw to Pasadena, though.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:26 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,433,203 times
Mary Cooper is very clever when it comes to dealing with Sheldon. I would like to see her giving Amy some tips on how to get through to him a bit more emotionally. I think Mary and Amy together would be interesting.

I still very much want to meet Leonard's dad. I hope Leonard's mom comes back. Maybe with a broken heart finally having found someone who got through to her and broke it. So she decides to come back to her BFF Penny to cry on her shoulder much to Leonard's discomfort.

And some classroom experiences showing the guys as teachers would be great. And more Dungeons and Dragons. Howard as the Dungeon Master was hilarious.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:29 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Season 7 - The Big Bang Theory Wiki

Found this by accident just now. Enjoy.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:31 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Scientific theory? Soap opera? No, first and foremost it's a sitcom. And a very well written and funny one at that. It moves the characters along so that it doesn't become boring. If you haven't watched it, you should probably rent some DVD's and start from the beginning so you can see what everyone is talking about.

If you are looking for a show about scientific theory, there is always Nova on PBS or the Discovery Channel if you get cable.
Oh, I see. I had no idea what you'all were talking about. thanks

Old 10-02-2013, 01:10 AM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
The ratings continue to defy gravity; the 8:31 PM episode finished second in the ratings with 20,4000,000 viewers, 100,000 behind NBC's Football Night In America'.

Rounding out the top 5 were NCIS, the 8:00 PM edition of TBBT and NCIS-Los Angeles.

Last edited by Marv101; 10-02-2013 at 01:30 AM..

Old 10-02-2013, 01:27 AM

4,062 posts, read 5,642,357 times
Isn't Leonard's mother the psychiatrist? I really can't imagine that woman crying over some man rejecting her! She's just not the type. She reminds me of Sheldon in a lot of ways. And the actress is in another show, so don't think she'll be back anytime soon! I really like Sheldon's mother, except for certain religious leanings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Mary Cooper is very clever when it comes to dealing with Sheldon. I would like to see her giving Amy some tips on how to get through to him a bit more emotionally. I think Mary and Amy together would be interesting.

I still very much want to meet Leonard's dad. I hope Leonard's mom comes back. Maybe with a broken heart finally having found someone who got through to her and broke it. So she decides to come back to her BFF Penny to cry on her shoulder much to Leonard's discomfort.

And some classroom experiences showing the guys as teachers would be great. And more Dungeons and Dragons. Howard as the Dungeon Master was hilarious.

Old 10-02-2013, 04:31 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,070,580 times
Even though I'm a fan of the science plots, if they want to do a fun parody subplot I'd like to see Howard and Bernadette decide to look at a few houses.

Then... somehow their realtor arranges for them to be on that show "House Hunters".

Imagine how much fun they could have with that!

Can't you just see Howard going on and on about needing a man cave? Bernadette's voice when she sees a house without granite counter tops? Then Howard will fall in love with a house that has a pink bathroom, even though the producer tells them to really hate on the pink toilet in the bathroom. But Howard can't follow that order because a pink bathroom brings up good memories of mom...

Old 10-02-2013, 11:05 AM

861 posts, read 1,147,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
Isn't Leonard's mother the psychiatrist? I really can't imagine that woman crying over some man rejecting her! She's just not the type. She reminds me of Sheldon in a lot of ways. And the actress is in another show, so don't think she'll be back anytime soon! I really like Sheldon's mother, except for certain religious leanings.
Christine Baranski has been on The Good Wife for several years and has always had some free time to pop in on Leonard. If they want her to show up, they will find a way.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:36 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,527,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryDactyls View Post
Christine Baranski has been on The Good Wife for several years and has always had some free time to pop in on Leonard. If they want her to show up, they will find a way.
She will be on in the Oct. 10 (episode #4), through Skype, as Baranski's "Good Wife" duties make it hard for her to leave the East Coast. Given her bizarre connection to Jim Parsons' Sheldon, fans shouldn't automatically assume it's Lenard she's hoping to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV