Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2013, 07:35 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
But.....

and this is a big but.....

if anyone on the BBT writing team see this idea please please please please make it only a sub plot of a show. The rest of the show has to be about lasers or grant writing or office politics or something scientific. Okay?
Okay, I am not a science person so I can't suggest a scientific thing but how about if one of the guys other than Sheldon were to make a real breakthrough in their field and win some kind of award? We could see the experiment and the results. That would make Sheldon pretty jealous and he would try to compete with his own work.

Also, he might be paired up with Kripke again like he was last season to work on a project. I would like to see Alex in on it too. I like her.

Amy could also win an award in her field. I wonder how Sheldon would feel about that. He is not exactly a fan of neuroscience. She would explain what her work was and he could not understand it or of what importance it was to have merited a prize.

And how about Howard going after his Ph.D so he could finally stop all the "not a doctor" jokes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,349,004 times
I like the idea of Amy winning an award. She insists that Sheldon accompany her to the ceremony and he then stands up and tells the audience why his work is more important than hers. Maybe Kripke is there also and he tells Amy how much he admires her work. That leads to several dates.

Old 10-02-2013, 07:52 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I like the idea of Amy winning an award. She insists that Sheldon accompany her to the ceremony and he then stands up and tells the audience why his work is more important than hers. Maybe Kripke is there also and he tells Amy how much he admires her work. That leads to several dates.
This would work.... and after a few dates Sheldon does something bizarre to make Amy go back to him. Something really bizarre, I hope-- but first Kripke needs to give his blessing. In true Star Trek fashion of course. He'd do the Spock finger salute and tell them to "Wiv wong and pwosper."

Old 10-02-2013, 07:58 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,086,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post

Amy could also win an award in her field. I wonder how Sheldon would feel about that.
Very jealous, apparently. He can't stand to see anything awarded to anyone but himself. It would be good for him to see Amy has merit--he really has treated her like crap lately. (And she has been acting stupid, to boot.) I really don't like the dumbed down Amy and would like to see her back in her lab again, doing stellar work and be rewarded for it.

Quote:
And how about Howard going after his Ph.D so he could finally stop all the "not a doctor" jokes?
Yes, it's time to "make it so" as Captain Picard would say.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM

If anyone Amy could choose to get under Sheldon's skin it would be his arch enemy, Kripke especially if they had to work on a project together again and Amy broke up with Sheldon for awhile and began dating Kripke. Sheldon hates Kripke more than anyone with the possible exception of Leslie Winkle.

The science could come in when Sheldon and Kripke were working on the experiment. The thing is, I would imagine, is that basically this is supposed to be a sitcom and relationships are funnier than science so it's probably more difficult for the writers to come up with funny science than funny hookups.

Old 10-02-2013, 11:49 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
Quote:
If anyone Amy could choose to get under Sheldon's skin it would be his arch enemy, Kripke especially if they had to work on a project together again and Amy broke up with Sheldon for awhile and began dating Kripke. Sheldon hates Kripke more than anyone with the possible exception of Leslie Winkle.

The science could come in when Sheldon and Kripke were working on the experiment. The thing is, I would imagine, is that basically this is supposed to be a sitcom and relationships are funnier than science so it's probably more difficult for the writers to come up with funny science than funny hookups.
In the earlier episodes, the characters were always spouting scientific statements, and dropping names of famous scientists. Scientists even showed up in some of the shows. This has tapered off. I think the powers that be with this show have indicated they are moving in a different direction.

Perhaps we'll have more of the institutional action, including more visits to HR. And we still don't know who gets tenure.

I enjoyed seeing the boys working on a project though, even if it was to bail Howard out.

Old 10-03-2013, 12:11 AM

850 posts, read 1,026,777 times
Quote:
Yahbut if his PhD is in engineering, science still trumps in Cooper's value system. It would be funny to see Howard get it, be all proud and happy and then Sheldon tears him down. (I'm an engineer BTW)

Old 10-03-2013, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayway View Post
Yahbut if his PhD is in engineering, science still trumps in Cooper's value system. It would be funny to see Howard get it, be all proud and happy and then Sheldon tears him down. (I'm an engineer BTW)
True, but then again in his universe Cooper trumps everyone in every discipline even his own with the possible exception of Steven Hawkings. If Wolowitz received his Ph.d he could then be known as Dr. and Dr. Wolowitz instead of Dr. and Mr. Wolowitz as he was teased by his friends when Bernie got her doctorate.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:10 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
TOP 10 BY 18-49 demographic
NBC Sunday Night Football*(7.9)
The Big Bang Theory*(6.2)
The Voice*(Monday) (5.1)
Modern Family
The OT
American Idol*(Wednesday)
The Voice*(Tuesday)
American Idol*(Thursday)
The Following
Grey’s Anatomy

The show ranks so much higher than 2.5 Men in the coveted under 50 group of viewers that I think that we are looking for record salaries for the three leading actors. With ratings for TBBT way above Two and Half Men, I think it is possible that they will earn parity with Ashton Kutcher's $700K per episode.

Old 10-03-2013, 04:21 AM

44,258 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Because I'm not sure it would add anything to his work or career to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV