U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 12-19-2011, 05:24 PM

18,717 posts, read 15,435,155 times

Advertisements

In a somewhat related topic, I heard that Sara Gilbert had a role on Big Bang for awhile. I never saw any of the episodes they did together, which is a shame because if I had known I would have watched. I really enjoyed seeing her act with Johnny Galecki in Roseanne and was wondering how the two were together in this show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 08:01 PM

2,349 posts, read 2,355,794 times
I thought it hadn't been as funny, then the episode The Ornithophobia Diffusion came on... OMG, I can't remember the last time I laughed so much at a TV show! Gave me hope the writing would continue to be good. It is different from when it first started, but I still like all the characters, Amy especially.

"Guess you gotta have hollow bones to get some sugar around here!"

Old 12-19-2011, 09:08 PM

13,553 posts, read 10,513,468 times
I would like to see more of both Sheldon's and Leonard's mothers. Maybe a look at Amy Farah Fowler's parents. I still like the show and don't want to see it go off the air.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM

5,947 posts, read 6,822,920 times
I can live without Amy Farrah Fowler in the cast. Her character just seems forced.

But I still enjoy the show.

Old 12-19-2011, 10:32 PM

2,858 posts, read 2,236,355 times
I don't think so! It's still really good! The bird epi got me really laughing too!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 AM

2,349 posts, read 2,355,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
In a somewhat related topic, I heard that Sara Gilbert had a role on Big Bang for awhile. I never saw any of the episodes they did together, which is a shame because if I had known I would have watched. I really enjoyed seeing her act with Johnny Galecki in Roseanne and was wondering how the two were together in this show.
They were pretty funny! Gilbert played Leslie Winkle, a fellow physicist who matter-of-factly slept with Leonard. She approached it in a scientific way, like, "Orgasms relieve tension. I'd perform better on this project if I wasn't tense, so I need to have sex" kinda thing. She was a lot like Leonard, dressed the same way, etc.

She had an ongoing rivalry with Sheldon, which made for a few funny lines.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:19 PM

5,286 posts, read 4,032,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes17 View Post
I can live without Amy Farrah Fowler in the cast. Her character just seems forced.

But I still enjoy the show.
Really? Her character seems really natural to me and I love watching her and Sheldon interact. I think she was a good addition. The last couple haven't been great, but the show is still good.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:26 PM

15,379 posts, read 23,036,081 times
Penny......Penny.....Penny.....

Old 12-20-2011, 12:35 PM

4,262 posts, read 4,076,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
They could...

bring back Sheldon's sister for an episode or two
give Sheldon, Leonard & Penny a new neighbor with a kid
show another "roommate agreement" violation episode
have Howard's cousin (the one he lost his virginity to) visit
have Penny take Sheldon to an audition that required a "Sheldon like" actor
show more of the guys at work
put Sheldon in the hospital for an appendectomy or something.
Anytime a show brings a kid on the show (that wasn't already on there) the show sinks fast

Old 12-20-2011, 12:37 PM
Status: "It's peanut-butter-jelly time, peanut-butter-jelly time!" (set 5 days ago)

6,850 posts, read 3,936,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't care what people say. The grass root theme of the show has diminished. The producers and writers did this to captivate another target audience that was not intended for the show. I want to to go back to the geek humour. It's like the show has become freinds with PhDs.
That's too bad, because I really like what I've seen of it. I've been meaning to catch up with it lately. But sometimes things have to change when something isn't quite selling and the top dogs want to keep their space in the programming. Sadly that may be the case with this show.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV