U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-14-2012, 04:55 PM

7,337 posts, read 11,298,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
The last five minutes of last night's episode were hilarious. Loved Amy's reaction.

Bernadette's high pitched whispy voice bugs me.
I'm betting Bernadette got the part because of her ability to sound exactly like Howard's mother. Her irritating voice is her meal ticket..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 05:23 PM

16,239 posts, read 18,727,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imagess View Post
I second aussiekiwi99's opinion.
Now there are more Sheldon-Penny chemistry than anything else ...
I, somehow, don't find the amy farrah fowler character amusing ...
what character do you like less in the Big Bang Theory ?
I must disagree. I find Amy Farrah Fowler the best part of the show. She must have a blast playing that character. She's in the same vein as Lillith on Cheers, and Dr. Brennen on Bones...sexless, but will they melt?? Too funny.
Also, I am not a big Sheldon fan. I think Steve Carrell got robbed at the Emmys.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:39 PM

2,128 posts, read 1,802,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I loved the way Bernadette told those rude little brats to behave. It was hilarious. The entire show was very funny. Amy Farah Fowler going crazy over the tiara just had me laughing out loud. This season opener was one of the best.
That episode was great, partly because Bernadette is usually sweet and her behavior was unexpected (to me anyway), also Amy's reaction to the
tiara was priceless...love that show....

Old 01-16-2012, 11:01 AM

10,943 posts, read 7,668,658 times
This is a hit and miss show for me. Leonard, Sheldon and Penny have some very funny banter and adding in some of the supporting cast adds to it. But the others, mehhh.

Old 01-20-2012, 01:09 AM

828 posts, read 744,644 times
Sheldon Cooper is like my niece's husband, He can be up to his chest in water and going down and STILL argue that it is dry In fact when I really get peeved with him I call him Sheldon!! BTW LOVE the show!!!

Old 01-31-2012, 04:08 PM

2,670 posts, read 2,318,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
In a somewhat related topic, I heard that Sara Gilbert had a role on Big Bang for awhile. I never saw any of the episodes they did together, which is a shame because if I had known I would have watched. I really enjoyed seeing her act with Johnny Galecki in Roseanne and was wondering how the two were together in this show.
The episodes with sara on them were good. I hope she's a recurring character. I didnt make the connection with roseanne till that episode. Our little tv stars are all grown up now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
The show is still funny, but it is definitely in a rut. It happens to lots of shows. How I Met Your Mother is another example: the characters have stopped growing and are just saying the same jokes in the same situations over and over and over again.

They either need to let the characters grow and evolve, or end it before it's just sad.
I've been home working, so caught a big bang marathon. I love this show more than ever! On the other hand, im tired of how i met your mother. The movie they ripped this off from settled the matter in a couple of hours. Enough! And the barney character is cliche, old, and forced. (what can we expect from a gay man playing a lothario? No criticism of the preference, just turns the character into a caricature and it's starting to grate. I turn down the sound when he's on. Kind of like Sheldon throwing ice in the blender to drown out fighting...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by no kudzu View Post
My son recently got his PhD in theoretical physics and he never watches TV but I told him about this show and he loves it. The stereotypical physicist cracks him up and he says he sees some correlations to his peers but of course not all physicists are like Sheldon.

The thing son likes about it are the real equations and problems on the dry erase boards. Sometimes they make jokes only scientists would understand and sometimes there are funny physics jokes on the boards. Obviously the show has some real physicists on staff. Husband is an engineer and whole family loves the "engineers are dumb 2nd class people" jokes Sheldon makes about poor Howard.

Old 03-03-2012, 08:06 PM

32,673 posts, read 18,416,135 times
Default The Big Bang Theory

My nerd may be showing....."Oh my!"

But this show is sooo freaken funny!

Anyone else like this show? What is your favorite episode and post it please.

Here is one of mine.

Big Bang Theory - boobies - YouTube

Old 03-03-2012, 08:47 PM

9,743 posts, read 6,465,524 times
BEST show since "Friends" and "Seinfeld"

I like all the episodes.

Old 03-03-2012, 09:35 PM

5,927 posts, read 6,549,455 times
This is my favorite episode of the series. 4:27-4:36 is classic.

Penny and Sheldon are funny as h*** when it's the two of them interacting.

The Big Bang Theory - Penny hurt, Sheldon helps pt.1 of 2 - YouTube

Old 03-03-2012, 09:52 PM

2,198 posts, read 1,446,977 times
Just recently started watching and now hooked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV