Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2014, 03:15 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I'm not a fan of bathroom humor either, but I'm SO glad that the story didn't turn out to be one of Howard's kinky sexcapades. Just something that could unite Emily and Raj in teasing Howard over.

I was shocked beyond belief that Sheldon woke up naked -- WHERE were his PJs??? He'd never get into bed with with out the proper clothes on.

Wonder what all the geologists think of that ep? Are they used to being the butt of scientist's jokes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2014, 03:33 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,068,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
Yeah, I'm not a fan of bathroom humor either, but I'm SO glad that the story didn't turn out to be one of Howard's kinky sexcapades. Just something that could unite Emily and Raj in teasing Howard over.
Funny you should say that, I sort of had the same reaction. Not usually a fan of bathroom humor, but I didn't want him to have slept with Emily, either. I suspect the writers were given the bathroom joke premise and at least they were able to get a few relatively clever BBT style jokes out of it.

But.... it would have been ever funnier if Howard had tried to impress Emily with some story. Like the time he took his date back to the lab to drive the mars rover. Since Emily seemed to recognize him after he started talking about being an astronaut, I thought that was the direction this subplot was going. I wouldn't have been surprised if he made claims about being an astronaut years before he actually had a chance to be one, just to impress a girl. And the gag could have been he her he would carry something of hers on a space ship, or take her back to the lab to see a genuine moon rock, or he would name a piece of the moon after her, or something like that.

Quote:
I was shocked beyond belief that Sheldon woke up naked -- WHERE were his PJs??? He'd never get into bed with with out the proper clothes on.
Amy put him to bed. She likes him naked!

Quote:

Wonder what all the geologists think of that ep? Are they used to being the butt of scientist's jokes?
There have been a few sneers at geologists over the years, and I always thought it had something to do with Sheldon being from East Texas. Those are the scientists he would have been most likely to encounter growing up there--so in his need to separate himself from Texas he sneers at them. Some day I'd love to see an episode where he meets a geologist from near where he used to live and the guy turns out to be incredibly brilliant. He might even be so smart he'd "rock" Sheldon's mind.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
When he said quickly to Bernadette in the restaurant, "No matter what you hear, remember I love you," it really sounded as if the story was going to be about a previous botched attempt at hitting on Emily.
Yeah, that was the one thing that struck me as a con. Not a big con, but it just didn't quite make sense. Somehow it got onto my "like" list and not my "dislike" list. Ooops. All the other things belonged on the like list, however. The other minor quibble is so minor I hate to even call it a quibble. But since I'm mentioning them--I thought Amy's reaction to Sheldon's haircut was too predictable. There were a lot of other gags they could have done that would have been funnier, IMO. And I think they should have let him keep his hair that way the whole episode.

Old 04-11-2014, 03:52 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,577,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Amy put him to bed. She likes him naked!
Oh right. She probably let him keep his tighty-whities on, though.

I'm going to have to re-watch the episode -- tried to finish my taxes before it aired but didn't quite. Missed some bits.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:35 PM

4,882 posts, read 5,011,020 times
When Kripke was leaving the cafeteria, there was a man entering, that bore, at quick glance, William Shatner. Could it have been him?

Old 04-11-2014, 11:34 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,104,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
When Kripke was leaving the cafeteria, there was a man entering, that bore, at quick glance, William Shatner. Could it have been him?
Yeah, Shatner had been begging them to let him appear on the show. They finally gave in and let him be an extra in the background.

Old 04-12-2014, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Yeah, Shatner had been begging them to let him appear on the show. They finally gave in and let him be an extra in the background.

The Big Bang Theory - Sarcasm? - YouTube

Old 04-13-2014, 10:46 AM

Interestingly, a few of the BBT cast members are coming the the DC Science & Technology Fair 2 weeks from now. I don't think that fair has ever had celebrities before. But apparently Mayim Bialik wants to take advantage of her tv fame to encourage young girls to pursue science. This is a big event--but still, I don't think I've ever heard of celebrities do this before. An interesting idea and one I salute.

Old 04-13-2014, 11:58 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Interestingly, a few of the BBT cast members are coming the the DC Science & Technology Fair 2 weeks from now. I don't think that fair has ever had celebrities before. But apparently Mayim Bialik wants to take advantage of her tv fame to encourage young girls to pursue science. This is a big event--but still, I don't think I've ever heard of celebrities do this before. An interesting idea and one I salute.
Danica McKellar has done something similar. She was Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years" and is now a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars." She has also appeared on "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Big Band Theory." She has a PHd in math and has written several books for young girls encouraging them to get into math and the sciences. I don't know if she has ever attended science fairs but I believe she gives lectures at universities.

That was one reason I thought the episode in which Sheldon, Leonard and Howard were sent to give a talk to high school girls to encourage them to go into the sciences was so lame. Never send a man to do the work of a woman.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:54 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,132,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
Danica McKellar has done something similar. She was Winnie Cooper on "The Wonder Years" and is now a contestant on "Dancing With the Stars." She has also appeared on "How I Met Your Mother" and "The Big Band Theory." She has a PHd in math and has written several books for young girls encouraging them to get into math and the sciences. I don't know if she has ever attended science fairs but I believe she gives lectures at universities.

That was one reason I thought the episode in which Sheldon, Leonard and Howard were sent to give a talk to high school girls to encourage them to go into the sciences was so lame. Never send a man to do the work of a woman.
Agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV