Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2014, 11:42 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
If you didn't watch last week or most of this week, how do you know it's not Emmy quality?

I can understand watching a show, not liking it, and deciding to kill the SP. I can't follow how someone can not watch it, bad-mouth it, and sorta keep watching it.

But then I probably watch sitcoms different than you. I watch until I decide it ain't for me. Then it's dead to me, no more recordings, no more nothing. There is no in-between.
Because before the past 2 weeks,I was a regular watcher! And it just continues to get worse.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2014, 10:55 AM

2,417 posts, read 3,561,837 times
Default Take the Big Bang Challenge!!!

if you don't think this show's gotten a lot worse simply watch some past episodes.

there's a marked difference.

Old 11-25-2014, 10:25 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,150,871 times
I do think some of the shows that were done two or three years in were the funniest. But I finally caught up with the last two epis in the current season, and I laughed out loud several times.

I thought Sheldon running into the wall/door was unexpected and seeing him and Leonard on the sofa with their noses bandaged was funny too.

I suspect what some are objecting to is the reliance on the females in the cast for more of the material. And since we no longer have the tension between Leonard and Penny (will they or won't they?) the writers have to find new ways to be funny. I have been rewatching last spring's epis as reruns, and I had forgotten how I enjoyed them when I first watched them. Tonight I watched as Leonard and Penny proposed to each other, and if not funny, it was still quite enjoyable.

On the epis I have watched this fall, i thought the prom epi was the lamest. I am disappointed that Raj's parents are getting divorced. I have been hoping to see them in person in a show, but they weren't even an online presence last season. Some of their lines were truly hilarious.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:10 AM

11,635 posts, read 12,700,672 times
I miss Raj's parents too and I really enjoyed the episode with Billy Bob Thornton.

Old 11-26-2014, 12:42 AM

14,611 posts, read 17,551,696 times
The first two seasons TBBT did okay.
By the third season it was ranked #1 in adults 18-49 and barely #2 in total rankings
TWO AND A HALF MEN CBS 14,625
THE BIG BANG THEORY CBS 14,224
In the fourth season, Modern Family displaced it for adults 18-49
They renewed the show for seasons #5-#7 where it has been the top rated sitcom. Now it is by far the highest revenue show on scripted TV.

In season #8 it is still the top rated show with ages 18-49 even though it dropped -8.5%, but in total viewers of any age it is now sandwiched between the two NCIS shows in total viewers.

But I can't imagine which show they will pick for consideration for the emmy nomination

Old 12-05-2014, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
In season #8 it is still the top rated show with ages 18-49 even though it dropped -8.5%, but in total viewers of any age it is now sandwiched between the two NCIS shows in total viewers.But I can't imagine which show they will pick for consideration for the emmy nomination
The last episode of TBBT to air (just before thanksgiving was a whopping reduction of 23% of total viewers from the episode the previous year, or over 4.3 million viewers. They will air a new show on 11 December, and then probably wait until after New Year's to continue.

Keep in mind that Modern Family is dropping viewers as well, and is still a distant second to TBBT. They are both way in front of the next trio of sitcoms.

ABC Black-ish
CBS Mom
ABC The Goldbergs

But, is it just a lull for TBBT? Are we going to see an episode with writing deserving of an emmy?

Old 12-05-2014, 02:43 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,724 times
Last nights episode , so bad, Penny's new job, hair cut , shows just not funny anymore , I'd rather watch the re runs .

Old 12-05-2014, 05:10 PM

5,819 posts, read 7,231,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Last nights episode , so bad, Penny's new job, hair cut , shows just not funny anymore , I'd rather watch the re runs .
Last night WAS a rerun.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:12 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,849,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrohip View Post
Last night WAS a rerun.
That's funny, I watched most of it half asleep and thought I'd heard some of the jokes before Lol thanks , now I feel stupid

Old 12-05-2014, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
That's funny, I watched most of it half asleep and thought I'd heard some of the jokes before Lol thanks , now I feel stupid
Many of the jokes feel recycled, even if you are watching a new episode.

Leonard: Our babies will be smart and beautiful.
Sheldon: Not to mention imaginary.

They have aired 10 new episodes, with the the 10th being the week before Thanksgiving. With a drop of 4.3 million viewers over the year before, that is a significant loss.

They usually try to get in 11 new episodes before New Year's Eve, so next week should be the only new one for December.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV