Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2015, 02:51 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
This is a sitcom, folks. The jokes come from the inadequacies of the characters. Honestly, I think this sitcom, which I have loved watching, should be in its last year. All of the characters need to move on.
It's a sitcom that's not acting like one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2015, 08:07 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,259,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
It's a sitcom that's not acting like one.
Yeah, I kind of agree. I thought the premiere was soap-opera-ish.
Next week looks like it might be kind of good, Sheldon and Amy always have potential even if it is fighting.
I never minded some couple-stuff, but keep some jokes and nerdiness in there, is all I ask.

Old 09-22-2015, 11:37 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,122,692 times
The premier had too much narrative and not enough wit. It was devoted to setting up what will clearly be the conflict plotlines for the next several shows. In a failure of writer imagination, all of them will center on relationship melt downs. Will Leonard and Penny repair their poorly begun marriage? Will Amy and Sheldon re-unite? Will Raj work up the courage to tell Emily that he thinks she is a sociopath?

They have committed to these lines so we are going to be stuck with more soap opera episodes while they get it all sorted out.

Old 09-23-2015, 10:00 PM

^^ True on that. Too bad. Hopefully there will be some comedy in there.

Old 09-26-2015, 09:13 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,937 times
I don't know I thought this episode was a lot better! It was kind of nice to see Sheldon in a different light and fighting for Amy super adorable! Penny and Leonard although not soo adorable anymore almos annoying actually lol. Stuart is way creepy!
The humor was good I was giggling a lot, I love the preview for next week looks hilarious and yay for it being on Monday

Old 09-26-2015, 10:00 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,562,480 times
Why didn't they start the season with a double header (like they did 3 out of the last 4 seasons)?

Old 09-27-2015, 05:37 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,236,937 times
well they are putting it on Monday night now so not a double header but at least we don't have to wait a week for the next episode

Old 09-29-2015, 05:18 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,161,541 times
TBBT will be on Monday night until the football season is over, and CBS isn't broadcasting TH night football any longer.

I thought the second epi was pretty good. Penny and Leonard are getting better at understanding why they sabotage the relationship, and are learning to talk things through. The bit where Leonard used the girl he had made out with a couple of seasons ago on the N. Sea ship, as a kind of reluctant sounding board. She was good.

One thing about the show--no one who is in an episode is a slouch. The show has a knack of finding really good character actors.

The Sheldon/Amy thing will play itself out predictably, but the way it plays it out will be funny and unexpected, I hope.

Old 09-29-2015, 07:52 PM

I liked this 2nd episode a lot better.
Warning - spoilers ahead for those who haven't seen the episode. I'll use the tags in case?

Spoiler
The Sheldon and Penny kiss - I think they threw that dream in to appease all those people out there who seem to have a thing for wanting them together. Personally, I don't get it. I think they look awkward together. I've seen it all over the internet, people are talking about it and it seems to be the big thing, even over P+L's reconciliation. I'm glad they got back together, for some reason I didn't think they would.

Old 09-29-2015, 10:12 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,449,641 times
The second episode was funnier than the first which as people here had suggested, was just to set us up for the season. Bernadette especially made me laugh with her trying so hard to pretend she didn't know about Leonard and the other woman.

I wonder if whether or not Amy had known Sheldon intended to propose it would have made a difference in their relationship. If she finds out now, would she take him back? She's pretty pi$$ed off at him.

"Fun With Flags" is just not the same without her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV