Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 07:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times

Advertisements

I laughed a lot tonight. The show had some really good lines. Bernadette's comments about Amy's Jewish and Genitle cookies, Sheldon's rendition of "We Will Rock You," Poor Penny's pig and many more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 10:24 PM

14,611 posts, read 17,557,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I laughed a lot tonight.
It's sad to say but it looks like the show is better when Leonard and Penny don't have scenes together.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:04 AM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
I always like episodes when their practical applications of science fail so hard. I can't believe they always quit on their trips though as soon as adversity strikes. A similar thing happened to me and my friends on a ski trip to Colorado once - we got a new ride and kept going!

Old 10-06-2015, 10:58 AM

5,120 posts, read 16,597,080 times
I liked last night's episode.

My favorite line & delivery was Bernadette saying, "This party just got weird" after Penny told Amy she wanted to take her ear virginity or something like that. Her tone in her voice plus her facial expressions made me LOL.

Old 10-06-2015, 11:55 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR2012 View Post
Oh I hated the whole Amy/Penny sexual thing so much. That was one of my least favorite things on the show, Amy's Penny obsession. I was so relieved when they cooled that off.
Me too! It seems like every show these days has to show no sexual boundaries in relationships, but that's not like real life. In real life women can be friends without having a sexual attraction, and men can be too. Everything does NOT revolve around sex, despite what the media pushes all the time. I don't mind sexual relationships, but sometimes it's just too much with this show.

Old 10-06-2015, 12:56 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacoMartin View Post
It's sad to say but it looks like the show is better when Leonard and Penny don't have scenes together.
Because they write his side of the relationship so horribly. No one, I dont care how nerdy and socially inept would still be this much of a basket case after so many years around her. On top of that, he has had SOME success with women. It should be way more confident than he is now. That doesnt mean he has to be arrogant but he should be way past all of the over analyzing he does.

Old 10-06-2015, 01:32 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,325,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
No one, I dont care how nerdy and socially inept would still be this much of a basket case after so many years around her.
That... is why it is a sit-com and not a docu-drama; most of which are far, far more unbelievable.

Old 10-06-2015, 02:35 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,725,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
That... is why it is a sit-com and not a docu-drama; most of which are far, far more unbelievable.
I get that and I am usually the first one banging the "suspend belief" drum. IMO this goes past that and approaches absurdity.

My biggest issue is that they dont write him that silly around anyone else. It is just his scenes with Penny.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:09 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobCaldwell View Post
I disliked it also (along with her dismissive treatment of Bernadette, as if she were in the way). It made me dislike the character, but she's one of my favorites now that she's backed off that.

Remember how cringe-inducing the painting she gave Penny was?
Oh god that was awful! I hated that part too. And also how she dismissed Bernadette, knowing that her and Penny were probably more "besties" than Amy. I liked Amy when she was in a scene with Sheldon, but started hating when she was paired with the girls. Not so bad now.

Old 10-06-2015, 08:14 PM

1,484 posts, read 2,258,784 times
I did like last night's episode a lot better. I thought it was a bit odd, they started their marriage off on the wrong foot, so you'd think they'd want to be together, not APART, AGAIN, but I won't nit-pick. I wondered if the writers did this to satisfy the people that are tired of the relationship crap. I thought it was mostly funny and I did like it - more nerd, science stuff and less rom-com as others have put it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV