Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2009, 06:20 PM

8,873 posts, read 13,835,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
When Penny walked in the apt and said; "Raj, talk to me." Cute.
I laughed out loud at that one!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2009, 11:06 AM

3,555 posts, read 7,819,899 times
I've been a fan since the first episode I watched. I used to just think of Penny as a typical blonde "eye candy" (although that's not a type that normally appeals to me) but I really do appreciate he acting talent. Unfortunately I missed a lot of this season's shows due to having rehearsals on Mondays, I'll have to "hulu" to catch up.

"Raj talk to me" was pretty classic. But I think my favorite Penny moment was her, sitting in her PJs, Doritos in her unkempt hair, being a gamer. That was laugh out loud funny.

gg

Old 11-26-2009, 07:46 PM

I also LOL'd at this little gem from the week before when Penny was hurt and Sheldon was trying to help her get dressed to go to the hospital.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukV8CLJzfTY

Old 11-27-2009, 07:09 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,307,258 times
I have not been disappointed in this show at all. "Soft Kitty" is the new "Smelly Cat."

Old 12-01-2009, 11:37 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,358,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kettlepot View Post
I went to the link listed. I have nothing to say for or against it as a download website. But reading the testimonials was an interesting experience. You have these all-American names, supposedly hailing from these all-American locations, and yet reading through the syntax, all I can hear is the voice of Rajesh Koothrapali!

Wolowitz in the bathtub, with Starbuck from BSG... to actually live the fantasy held by a million geeks all over America. How cool for Simon Helberg. How possibly disturbing for Katee Sackhoff. I wonder if she played toesies with him...
Yeah - who IS this blogger? English definitely not first language. Like reading instructions on Japanese products: "The lifting thing is very especially when is hot." Like that...

Why not just go to the official site and watch it there? Maybe safer?
The Big Bang Theory: Watch Episodes and Video and Join the Ultimate Fan Community - CBS.com

Old 12-03-2009, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,222 times
what is the error in the theme song?

Old 12-03-2009, 10:26 PM

I'm not big on science, but can an autotroph drool?

Old 12-08-2009, 02:08 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,819,899 times
Default Too much "love interest" on The Big Bang Theory?

Will too much "love interest" stuff undo "The Big Bang Theory"?

I really like Penny, and the by-play between her and Sheldon is a hoot. As good as it was between Niles Crane and Daphne Moon on "Frasier". But I don't think they needed to bring in another girl to be Wolowitz's girlfriend. Of course we know why they do this kind of carp, to expand the demographics and get more young female viewers, but I think it's a mistake. I think showing Penny "gaming" like a guy and standing up to Sheldon in her physics lesson will do more.

Part of the appeal of Wolowitz is that unlike Leonard he offers NOTHING to any woman, except his brains. I remember when they brought Tom Poston onto Mork and Mindy to get some older viewers and I think it undid the show.

What do you think?

golfgod

Old 12-08-2009, 03:17 PM

457 posts, read 1,340,815 times
Bernadette could be gone by next episode, you never know.

But just for the record I think this season is the best one yet and the ratings appear to be agreeing!

Old 12-08-2009, 03:18 PM

4,923 posts, read 11,141,131 times
I think the OP is right, but I also think they are feeling the pressure of trying to come with more than the "Look, aren't we geeky and funny" stuff...

...the show is also gotten more "trashy" this season as well...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV