Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 10:01 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee W. View Post
She came along in season 3. Raj and Howard went on the internet dating site and put Sheldon's profile on there, then the site matched that to Amy's profile. I think I remember her saying she had to have an occasional "date" to keep her mother off her back about her finding someone.

Yes, once a year. And Sheldon said he had the same agreement with his mother regarding going to church. Then they agree on their aversion to soiled hosiery and Sheldon offers to buy Amy a drink and Amy asks for water, "tepid, please."

It's the episode where we meek Zack as well. One of my favorites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2012, 12:13 PM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Loved Amy's remark about the eyelash curler, "This looks like a tool for Tinkerbell's gynecologist."
Yeah, that was a great line!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:22 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,347,049 times
I liked last night's episode. I can see Sheldon having an interest in his beautiful assistant--so many times that is what happens in real life. I would like him to be outside his comfort zone and being pulled between the assistant and Amy.

I agree about Stuart--I really like his character. It would be fun to see him and Raj out on the town and finding some "love" interests.

Great not to hear Howard's mother and it was nice seeing Bernie in her office. Hopefully, that will be another story line.

Old 10-12-2012, 05:43 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
I'd love more Amy, less Penny. I've never really liked Penny. She's not a great actress and I'm also tired of the Penny/Leonard storyline.

Would love more Howard, Amy, Sheldon & Bernadette.

Amy Rocks

Old 10-12-2012, 05:57 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,793,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXMGirl View Post
I liked last night's episode. I can see Sheldon having an interest in his beautiful assistant--so many times that is what happens in real life. I would like him to be outside his comfort zone and being pulled between the assistant and Amy.

I agree about Stuart--I really like his character. It would be fun to see him and Raj out on the town and finding some "love" interests.

Great not to hear Howard's mother and it was nice seeing Bernie in her office. Hopefully, that will be another story line.

right on!
No Howard's mother screaming was heaven!!! Bernie in her office was great to finally see.

Sheldon has no clue his assistant is hot!!! LOL
I loved the questionairre he had for her.

Old 10-12-2012, 06:01 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,644,863 times
Yeah, I almost choked laughing when she said that...loved it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Yeah, that was a great line!

Old 10-12-2012, 07:41 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,446,688 times
I am one who likes Penny. I like her reactions to Sheldon especially. The looks she gives him when he makes his lofty comments are funny. But I like Amy too. Her deadpan delivery is very funny. Amy and Penny play off each other really well.

Old 10-12-2012, 08:00 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,011,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minervah View Post
I am one who likes Penny. I like her reactions to Sheldon especially. The looks she gives him when he makes his lofty comments are funny. But I like Amy too. Her deadpan delivery is very funny. Amy and Penny play off each other really well.
The Top 3 characters on the show

Amy
Penny
Sheldon

Old 10-13-2012, 06:32 AM

18,717 posts, read 31,083,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
I'm wondering if the Howard segment means he is going to be taken off the show.
Doubt it--Howard's character and "fashion sense" are an important part of the show. They were just trying to find something funny and different to do with this character that was "nerdy scientific". Plus, sending someone into space let's them have some fun with weightlessness.

But mostly, the writers kind of painted themselves into a corner with the whole Bernie/Mom/Howard plot. They needed to find a way to let Howard interact with the guys on a daily basis without having Bernie and Mom around--that's when that character was really the most fun.

Looks like they'll keep Howard in space for another week, then that gag will have run its course. After that, I'd suggest sending Bernie out of town for a little while (6 month microbiology assignment in some other city maybe?)

I don't usually like seeing characters break up but I could also see them getting a divorce if they decide they want Howard to return to his old "watch me pick up chicks" routine. Considering they had a quickie wedding and they didn't resolve some important issues before getting married (like living with mom) I could see a divorce as a plot being set up. A friendly divorce--they discover their lives are going in different directions, that sort of thing.

However.... if they decide to go the divorce route, let that be the end of it. I hate hate hate it when writers play the break up-make up-break up-make up game. It was annoying when Ross and Rachel did it, and even more annoying for all comedies that followed after that.

Old 10-13-2012, 12:04 PM

475 posts, read 648,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Doubt it--Howard's character and "fashion sense" are an important part of the show. They were just trying to find something funny and different to do with this character that was "nerdy scientific". Plus, sending someone into space let's them have some fun with weightlessness.

But mostly, the writers kind of painted themselves into a corner with the whole Bernie/Mom/Howard plot. They needed to find a way to let Howard interact with the guys on a daily basis without having Bernie and Mom around--that's when that character was really the most fun.

Looks like they'll keep Howard in space for another week, then that gag will have run its course. After that, I'd suggest sending Bernie out of town for a little while (6 month microbiology assignment in some other city maybe?)

I don't usually like seeing characters break up but I could also see them getting a divorce if they decide they want Howard to return to his old "watch me pick up chicks" routine. Considering they had a quickie wedding and they didn't resolve some important issues before getting married (like living with mom) I could see a divorce as a plot being set up. A friendly divorce--they discover their lives are going in different directions, that sort of thing.

However.... if they decide to go the divorce route, let that be the end of it. I hate hate hate it when writers play the break up-make up-break up-make up game. It was annoying when Ross and Rachel did it, and even more annoying for all comedies that followed after that.
I will politely disagree with you here. I really disliked the perverted Howard character and have really grown quite fond of him since he met Bernie. He and Amy really do have the most humorous lines in the show, though Sheldon is my favorite. I would like to see Raj and Howard's mom leave the show and actually build comedic stories around the Howard and Bernie marriage, while not changing the main thrust of the show. I know it will be a challenge for the writers, but heck, that is what they get paid the big bucks for
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV