U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 06-30-2009, 07:40 PM
JL JL started this thread

6,152 posts, read 5,841,688 times
Default Big Bang Theory

Anyone watch this show? This is one of the funniest shows i've seen in a long time. I was laughing the whole 30 minutes during last night's show. That tall skinny actor is so funny. Actually, all those guys are great! I've never seen that tall actor on tv before. Are these guys all first time actors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 06-30-2009, 10:10 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,436,247 times
Johnny Galecki was a regular on "Rosanne", boyfriend of the dark, curly haired daughter. The blonde girl was on "Six Rules For Dating My Daughter. I think I've seen a couple of the guys, Rathlapooli (?) while flipping through the channels on a rainy day, maybe a "direct to video" movie being shown on Comedy Central.

I think it's a great show but I'm waaaaay outside their target demographic. I can start collecting Social Security in 10 months! Great writing, great characters and the science is all "scienctist checked". One Saturday I heard an interview (NPR I think) with a scientist (somehow I have the idea that he was working at the South Pole at the time and had lots of spare time, but I may be wrong on that part) who looks over all the scripts to make sure the science stuff is right.

The tall guy is funny, I saw him on Letterman a couple of months ago. I'm sure that's on youtube.

BTW, the names Sheldon and Leonard are in honor of Sheldon Leonard who was a producer of lots of TV shows back in the '60. Kind of the Dick Wolf or Bellisario of his day.

golfgod

Unread 06-30-2009, 10:23 PM

952 posts, read 1,362,702 times
The tall, skinny guy (Sheldon) is an actor named Jim Parsons and also played in Ed, Judging Amy, and the movies Garden State, The King's Inn, The Great New Wonderful, 10 Items or Less, School for Scoundrels, On the Road with Judas and Gardener of Eden.

Sheldon's roommate, Leonard, is an actor named Johnny Galecki and he played in Rosanne as Darlene's boyfriend (Sara Gilbert is also on the show sometimes), I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Opposite of Sex, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Bounce, Suicide Kings, Bean, Vanilla Sky, A Family Torn Apart, My Name is Earl, My Boys, Hope & Faith as well as some stage productions.

Wolowitz is played by Simon Helberg, who was on MadTV, National Lampoon's Van Wilder, Reno 911, A Cinderella Story, Joey, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Arrested Development, Old School and a couple of other sitcoms.

Rajesh (Raj) is played by Kunal Nayyar, who was on NCIS. He was also on The Bonnie Hunt Show and The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson. I also saw him in a commercial; I think it was Burger King, but I don't remember.

I like the show, too and have been a faithful watcher since the first episode. I even watch it in rerun.

Unread 07-01-2009, 12:53 PM

338 posts, read 173,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesLang View Post
Anyone watch this show? This is one of the funniest shows i've seen in a long time. I was laughing the whole 30 minutes during last night's show. That tall skinny actor is so funny. Actually, all those guys are great! I've never seen that tall actor on tv before. Are these guys all first time actors?

If you've just starting watching this show--you should watch the 1st season, it's available on DVD.

Unread 07-01-2009, 01:14 PM

3,567 posts, read 8,505,341 times
Quote:

yes, i agree. that is one very funny show no dought. can't wait for the new season to start.

Unread 07-01-2009, 01:29 PM

952 posts, read 1,362,702 times
The cliff-hanger from this last season was so good, I want the new season to hurry and start. I have to wonder how things will change when they come back. I notice the reruns are airing at a later time. I wonder if that time will hold when the new season starts, or if that's a ploy to find a new audience. Maybe they moved it to the end of Rules of Engagement to get people to watch the whole line-up. I must say, I watch Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, then I turn the TV. I haven't been able to get into Rules of Engagement.

Unread 07-01-2009, 03:18 PM

4,043 posts, read 7,335,140 times
Took me a few episodes but I got into it last year. Sheldon is hilarious. Howard does a great job of bugging me because his character is just.....uh.....annoying. Adding Penny into the mix affords many laughs.

Unread 07-01-2009, 06:08 PM

5,846 posts, read 5,984,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
The cliff-hanger from this last season was so good, I want the new season to hurry and start. I have to wonder how things will change when they come back. I notice the reruns are airing at a later time. I wonder if that time will hold when the new season starts, or if that's a ploy to find a new audience. Maybe they moved it to the end of Rules of Engagement to get people to watch the whole line-up. I must say, I watch Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, then I turn the TV. I haven't been able to get into Rules of Engagement.
These are my favorite shows on TV these days. I love Monday nights. I also like Rules of Engagement, now that they have that character playing David Spade's assistant. He adds a new dimension to the comedy.

Unread 07-02-2009, 12:45 AM

332 posts, read 811,713 times
I agree, Monday CBS is a great night of comedy. Though I didn't like Rules of Engagement when it first came out... I think it must have gotten funnier over time because it seems like I was bored silly when it first started to air.

Big Bang Theory got me at first b/c BNL did the theme song... still, I only watched it with half attention and sporadically. Now, however, I love it as much as How I Met Your Mother... it's just a cute show. Makes me smile. I like teevee that makes me smile.

Unread 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
FBJ

31,304 posts, read 18,956,912 times
Quote:

I tried to get into the but the "sheldon character" is just too weird for me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV