U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 02:43 PM

14,334 posts, read 14,720,866 times
sometimes, on AMC there is an old movie I like. But they have ads every 10 minutes-

1. Mickey and Jan Rooney-some life insurance junk-

2. The ad for male enhancement- it is some kind of herbal thing with a guy bowling- its so bad its hilarious!!!.

s.

Last edited by dreamofmonterey; 04-26-2007 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: sp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 03:57 PM

2,641 posts, read 3,855,301 times
I was on another message board last week where people were all complaining about the Spongebob No Pants commercial and the creepy Burger King character.

In my family, when the "Edge" commercial comes on we all practically run shrieking from the room. Enough is enough!

I've always loved Geico commercials, EXCEPT for the gecko (sp?) and the Caveman. (My favorite is the one with "that announcer guy from the movies.") Did you all hear that someone is making a sitcom with the cavemen? Ick.

And oh yes, Mr. Barky von Schnauzer -- I don't even know what that commercial is FOR because I tune out as soon as I hear it.

For years we women have had to endure sitting with our kids through ads for various female needs -- now there are the ones for, um, male medications with the excessively descriptive disclaimers. Ewwww.

Old 04-26-2007, 10:24 PM

21,680 posts, read 37,010,844 times
cingular my circle I just want chad and his dork friends to get in that van and go over a hill LOL

Old 04-26-2007, 11:08 PM

2,218 posts, read 3,679,208 times
I was going to put some huge list on here, but why do that...

They all bug the crap out of me, because it always winds up being a car commercial, mc donalds, some stupid local thing, mc donalds, then a car commercial then back to the show.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:38 PM

1,067 posts, read 3,743,676 times
We have a local one for Rodeo Ford. It has an actor from Blazing Saddles and it is just terrible. Everyone that lives in DFW would probably tell you too it is bad. LOL I wish i could find a clip and show you.

Old 04-27-2007, 05:54 PM

12,346 posts, read 14,139,333 times
I hate that lamasil commercial..the one with those little critters lifting up the toenail. The worst, most nauseating commercials are the ones about mucinex with the big wads of mucous Ole horney Bob and his friends and that whistling..I think the advertisers keep the really aggrevating commercials on so we will not forget their products when we shop.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:09 AM

600 posts, read 618,346 times
Please don't tell me that annoying woman in those U.S. Cellular commercials is Joan Cusack!

Old 04-29-2007, 04:04 PM

788 posts, read 1,225,638 times
Talking Mr. Barky Von Schnauzer.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
I agree, very annoying commercials:

Geico's Caveman
Dr.Scholl's Gellin'
Ford's Live on the Edge

But, I've gotten to where I scream when I hear "Mr. Barky Von Schnouzer?....Mr. Barky Von Schnouzer" and I usually can't get the channer changed before I hear him say it twice!
Robinhood,

ROTFLMAO, ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! I had to wipe the tears from my eyes in order to type this. Still laughing tho....and my stomach hurts!!! I haven't laughed that friggin' hard in a loooooong time!!! LMAO!

I absolutely LOVE that commercial!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO!! (Still Laughing) I hush anyone that's talking if it comes on so I don't miss it. LOLOLOLOLOL Now everytime I see that commercial, I'm gonna think of this and L-M-A-O!!!

As for the Dr. Scholl's commerical...It gets muted. So does the Vonage commercial. 'Woo Hoo woo Hooo Hoooooooooo, Woo Hoo woo Hooo Hoooooooooo'....drives me NUTS!!! And, along with some others here, the Burger King guy gives me the creeps! That's just not right.

STILL laughing,
Boof

Old 04-29-2007, 09:33 PM

485 posts, read 1,097,646 times
Well I'm glad you found so much humor in my post. I can't quite understand what is so humorous about it, other than it has a couple of spelling errors due to the fast typing and my failure to proof it. But that happens with many posts. I was just listing commercials like everyone else. Where is the humour in that?

Old 04-30-2007, 08:09 AM

788 posts, read 1,225,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Well I'm glad you found so much humor in my post. I can't quite understand what is so humorous about it, other than it has a couple of spelling errors due to the fast typing and my failure to proof it. But that happens with many posts. I was just listing commercials like everyone else. Where is the humour in that?
To be 100% honest....I don't know why it's so funny too me. LOL All I can think is that it took me by surprise somehow....not expecting that one to come up. Or perhaps it's just how the guy says those words together that does it. Then again, maybe it's because I can visualize you desperately scrambling for the remote, only to be too late....**robinhood screaming**

We have a commercial here for Zamora Automotive, and they have this AWFUL Elvis impersonator singing their STUPID jingle for 'Merced Toyota' and I HATE the sound of it, and I darn near kill myself getting to the remote to mute it everytime. Maybe I'm visualizing you doing the same thing, and I can co-miserate with your dilema?

I really don't know, but it still has me in stitches!! LMAO What I do know is it has nothing to do with 'typos'. So PLEASE don't take offense. Just tell yourself you were funny without even trying, and you made someones day by doing so.

Hope someone makes you laugh today,
Boof
PS: My husband didn't see the humor in it either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV