Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 12:07 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times

Advertisements

I cant remember which one she was because I turned the channel. But I just did a quick search and found these three to be the most attractive of the bunch. Hmmmm......... they all are from California, I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

The girl in the last picture seems to be the most attractive of all of them. She's definitely "tappable".

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 01:08 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,255,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggalegga View Post
Plus size doesn't always mean overweight. Some of those women were quite tall.
I would add that weight doesn't really mean a thing either because muscle weights more than fat.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I would add that weight doesn't really mean a thing either because muscle weights more than fat.
Yeah, but the women on this show are all more fat than muscle. Its quite obvious if you've seen the show.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:17 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,428,143 times
While I think it is totally tacky that they posted height and weight of each person each time they spoke, I also think some of the girls are lie-telling with their weights. As in, underquoting. Not that I think the producers should have had them each weigh in like boxers before a fight, but some of them were like - no way is she 170!

What's sadder than the show displaying the girls in a bad light, is the fact that over 50% of our country is overweight or obese.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Yeah, but the women on this show are all more fat than muscle. Its quite obvious if you've seen the show.
This is what I'm thinking too. All you have to do is take a look at these ladies to see that they are indeed, overweight.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:19 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I only watched the last 15 minutes or so (the ring ceremony) while waiting for my local news at 10pm. It's something I would have wanted to watch, but my husband isn't into stuff like this. These women just appear to me to be so desperate! I mean, my God ... it's like the end of the flippin' world if they don't get picked! What is so bad about being without an SO? I just don't get it.
beautiful people always ask that question, see long line outside the door of hopeful replacements.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:25 PM

All I know is this show is not going to have me rooting and crying for its contestants like I do while watching "Biggest Loser". This show is just exploiting the difficulties overweight women have with not only finding a good man, but ANY man. There'll be a lot of the obligatory "I just hope to find a man who loves me for me and see's past my fatness, because inside, Im a beautiful person" scenes of the rejected women as they walk off and into the sunset with tears in their eyes when they get kicked off the show.

Old 07-29-2009, 01:28 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,690,051 times
This show will be the biggest in the history of American television. (No pun intended).

Old 07-29-2009, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
This show will be the biggest in the history of American television. (No pun intended).
No it wont. Are you kidding?

I am assuming you are serious, because you cant intend that to be a joke. If so, most unfunny joke in history.

Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njsocks View Post
Did anyone watch it tonight?

Wow. I am shocked they actually put the girls weight and height on the screen! You have the girls on the Bachelor that are a size 2 and yet their height and weight are not on it@!
The only issue I have with this show is everyone saying it's about "normal-sized" women. It's not a good image to promote fatness as being okay. It's great the big people on the show are comfortable with themselves but let's not lie and pretend it's a healthful life choice to be overweight.

And before someone jumps all over me and says "But but but...you're anti-fatty and it's not healthful to be too thin either..." yeah, you're right too thin is not healthful either. But we should promote a GOOD HEALTHY weight range, not something on either end of the scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV