Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 07:41 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 58,791,200 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
I didn't care for "The Ropers" (spin off) but loved them on Three's Company. I loved it when Stanley would that thing with his hand talking about Jack and being a Tinkerbell. Helen and Stanley really made a huge difference on the show but when they went out on their own, it didn't work.

I read online that Norman Fell and Audra Lindley were approached by the producers about doing the spin off but they didn't want to leave Three's Company. They supposedly made a deal where both could return if the spin off didn't work but when "The Ropers" was cancelled, Furley was already comfortable on the show. The production company had to pay off both contracts and they went their separate ways.

That means they were stupid because how could they come back if Mr. Furley was already on the show?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 10:25 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,499,216 times
Too bad John Ritter died, they can never have a reunion show. They could follow up from the spin off where Jack became a chef.

Old 12-20-2012, 06:49 AM

1,722 posts, read 3,739,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That means they were stupid because how could they come back if Mr. Furley was already on the show?
I don't know if they were stupid or not but the Furley character hadn't been established yet. I mean...who knew Furley's character would mesh with the cast and become very popular? The character could have failed and they could have brought the Stanley and Helen characters back somehow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Too bad John Ritter died, they can never have a reunion show. They could follow up from the spin off where Jack became a chef.
Yeah...that was a real shame. Such a gifted and funny guy! Three's a Crowd was a hot mess and is being shown by MeTV here in Orlando. I watched a little of an episode last night...just not good.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:51 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,463,421 times
I remember the Three's Company parody they did a few years ago on John Ritter's new show "8 simple rules for dating my teenage daughter", John dreams he's back in the 70s and he's on the old set of Three's Company and he's dressed like Mr. Roper then his two daughters walk in as Janet and Chrissy the daughter's boyfriend was Jack and Jack knew exactly what he wanted to do, which was get into his daughter's pants, because he was Jack and that's what he did, it was soooo funny!

Old 12-20-2012, 10:33 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,788,815 times
I remember I wrote a report in school once, maybe 5th grade (this would be around 1979 or 1980) about the character's names on Three's Company. I think we were learning about symbolism, which kids can't really grasp, but around age 10, we start to develop the ability.
Anyway I remember my "breakthrough" or "A-ha" moment, which I thought was so profound at the time and I put it in my report.
Jack Tripper: He was known for the physical stuff, clumsiness, bumbling, fumbling, falling, tripping, slamming into doors, etc. So "Tripper" was his name, but also described him.
Chrissy Snow: She was "flaky" like a snowflake. She was also "light" (as in not a deep thinker) like snow blowing around. She was sort of "fluffy" in the way she looked and acted. (I specifically remember talking about "fluffy" in my school report). So "Snow" was her name, but it also described her.
Janet Wood: She was the "solid" one. The reliable one, stable. Like wooden furniture or walls. Also, wooden furniture or walls sometimes don't get noticed but taken for granted (escpecially when there is someone who looks like Chrissy around). So "Wood" was her name but also described her.

I think I got a pretty good grade! It's weird how I still remember that so many years later.

Old 12-20-2012, 01:41 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,499,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
I remember I wrote a report in school once, maybe 5th grade (this would be around 1979 or 1980) about the character's names on Three's Company. I think we were learning about symbolism, which kids can't really grasp, but around age 10, we start to develop the ability.
Anyway I remember my "breakthrough" or "A-ha" moment, which I thought was so profound at the time and I put it in my report.
Jack Tripper: He was known for the physical stuff, clumsiness, bumbling, fumbling, falling, tripping, slamming into doors, etc. So "Tripper" was his name, but also described him.
Chrissy Snow: She was "flaky" like a snowflake. She was also "light" (as in not a deep thinker) like snow blowing around. She was sort of "fluffy" in the way she looked and acted. (I specifically remember talking about "fluffy" in my school report). So "Snow" was her name, but it also described her.
Janet Wood: She was the "solid" one. The reliable one, stable. Like wooden furniture or walls. Also, wooden furniture or walls sometimes don't get noticed but taken for granted (escpecially when there is someone who looks like Chrissy around). So "Wood" was her name but also described her.

I think I got a pretty good grade! It's weird how I still remember that so many years later.
Was that something you made up on your own or did you actually read it somewhere?

Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 PM

9,238 posts, read 22,788,815 times
No, I made it up in 5th grade, as part of the assignment on symbolism. We had to write a paper (called them reports back then) on examples of symbolism we read in books and saw on TV.

I remember telling my parents what I "discovered" and they just thought I was a very strange kid.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:44 PM

8,521 posts, read 10,038,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

Nice.

Old 12-20-2012, 03:47 PM

10,062 posts, read 12,715,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaNative View Post
Yeah...that was a real shame. Such a gifted and funny guy! Three's a Crowd was a hot mess and is being shown by MeTV here in Orlando. I watched a little of an episode last night...just not good.

I remember watching Three's A Crowd. By that time, Ritter's act had become stale. He didn't have a successful series again until his final one. Mary Cadorette, who played his girlfriend on TAC, moved back to Connecticut and formed a dance troupe.

The Chapeau Rouge Dance Project Bio :: Mary Cadorette-Harris

Old 12-20-2012, 05:17 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,765,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
All my friends ride a low rider....mine is a little higher...do..do do..do..do..do
Omg I watch George Lopez all the time he is hilarious! I love the way he insults his mom all the time.
And when they show him as a child or kid in highschool with a huge head. And loved when he told his daughter she could go to the private school...but don't tell max he's not getting braces and such.

It was funny to when they wrote ho-pez on the window then the grandmom said good thing your last name isn't tucker. Haha.
I can't stand the George Lopez show at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV