Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:22 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,240,369 times

Advertisements

Paula trumps Kara and the rest of the crew when it comes to showbiz awards. Paula won her first sole emmy when she was 27. Kara was a nominee in 2007 when she was 36. I don't think Kara's going to be nominated for that terrible song she wrote for the AI winner this year.
http://goldderby.latimes.com/.a/6a00...520854c970c-pi
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM

3,872 posts, read 8,698,782 times
I'm SOOO glad Paula's gone. Along w/ the drugged, insipid comments and the annoying fake fights w/ Simon. Yay Kara!

Old 08-05-2009, 07:08 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,823,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
You mean Mia, don't you? LOL. Sorry, I like Mary. I love watching the kids' faces when Mary puts them on the train.
No, I mean Mary. Her screaming is irritating. I mute my TV when she starts talking about that train because I know the scream is rapidly approaching.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:15 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,422,299 times
I'm still not over Adam Lambert.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
I feel your pain.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Adam who?

Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 PM

She'd be great as a judge on SYTYCD. TMZ reports she has a standing offer to be a regular judge on SYTYCD. It looks like Paula has options. I believe both Lithgoe name still appears on AI credits and both shows are run by the same corporation, so the whole incident might be to create publicity for the upcoming shows.

Clip:
Lythgoe said he talked to Abdul on Wednesday and plans to meet with her soon to discuss future opportunities, including an appearance on "So You Think You Can Dance."
He said there are no winners following Abdul's "Idol" exit.
"It's not just all about Paula losing out here," he said, "the show loses out, too. And Paula, and I've spoken to her this morning, is a major talent. She's an ex-dancer, an ex-choreographer, and now, an ex-judge. I would welcome her on `So You Think You Can Dance.'"
The Associated Press: Abdul's 'Idol' exit shakes up TV's top-rated show

Old 08-05-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
She'd be great as a judge on SYTYCD. TMZ reports she has a standing offer to be a regular judge on SYTYCD. It looks like Paula has options. I believe both Lithgoe name still appears on AI credits and both shows are run by the same corporation, so the whole incident might be to create publicity for the upcoming shows.

Clip:
Lythgoe said he talked to Abdul on Wednesday and plans to meet with her soon to discuss future opportunities, including an appearance on "So You Think You Can Dance."
He said there are no winners following Abdul's "Idol" exit.
"It's not just all about Paula losing out here," he said, "the show loses out, too. And Paula, and I've spoken to her this morning, is a major talent. She's an ex-dancer, an ex-choreographer, and now, an ex-judge. I would welcome her on `So You Think You Can Dance.'"
The Associated Press: Abdul's 'Idol' exit shakes up TV's top-rated show

Let's just hope Paula and Lil C are not on the panel on the same night. The airy dialogue would be too much for any viewer to handle.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:59 PM

10 posts, read 7,057 times
This was already expected by all of us as she is not able to produce fine judgments and always favoring her favorite contestants.Moreover people start criticizing her and the show producer and director thinks that it is much better to ask her leave this show but they haven't shown up such thing.

Old 08-06-2009, 07:00 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,122,122 times
Is anyone else sick about the money that is available just for hosting a big tallent show?

I don't care WHO gets $10M and who gets $45M, the fact that they HAVE THAT MUCH MONEY over a show that pretty much has NO SCRIPT and relies on the tallents of FREE CONTESTANTS (what, do they just pay room and board for these people?) can have so much money.

It is a sad commentary that so many of these shows are so sucessful and earn that much cash over commercial endorsements on viewership.

Have we become such vacuous consumers that people CAN make that much money just over us watching someone smile about their beverage, hair care product or pet food?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV