Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 06:46 PM

4,061 posts, read 9,882,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Hoarders is not only my guilty pleasure -- it is also my housekeeping motivator.

I was amazed at the homeowners calm as they went through their house -- there was a foot of rabbit poop on the floor! Can you imagine how badly that house smelled? I would have been crazed and gone after Gary (who skulked away as soon as their landlords showed up. Typical cowardly wife beater behavior) not extended their lease! Then again, if this is how Gary treats a house he (the state) pays rent on, can you imagine how he would treat a house he was being evicted from?! What a complete azhat. You could tell the organizer also coudn't stand him and seemed to be giving hints to Kathy that she is better off without him.

As for Hanna......I couldn't understand why her ten children who she abused in many varied and horrible ways would be so damn invested in her life/health/happiness. I just don't understand that type of loyalty to someone who doesn't deserve it. If anyone deserved to die alone it would be her.
Seemed to me Hanna and Gary are total lost causes, that was a depressing episode!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2011, 07:12 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,032,386 times
Quote:
Hoarders is not only my guilty pleasure -- it is also my housekeeping motivator.

I was amazed at the homeowners calm as they went through their house -- there was a foot of rabbit poop on the floor! Can you imagine how badly that house smelled? I would have been crazed and gone after Gary (who skulked away as soon as their landlords showed up. Typical cowardly wife beater behavior) not extended their lease! Then again, if this is how Gary treats a house he (the state) pays rent on, can you imagine how he would treat a house he was being evicted from?! What a complete azhat. You could tell the organizer also coudn't stand him and seemed to be giving hints to Kathy that she is better off without him.

As for Hanna......I couldn't understand why her ten children who she abused in many varied and horrible ways would be so damn invested in her life/health/happiness. I just don't understand that type of loyalty to someone who doesn't deserve it. If anyone deserved to die alone it would be her.
I think her daughter was simply concerned about the animals.

Old 01-07-2011, 06:24 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,636,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
I think her daughter was simply concerned about the animals.
The youngest daughter -- but the rest were totally supportive of the old bat.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 AM

16,806 posts, read 39,934,099 times
The Hannah and Gary episode was the best so far. Best of the worst. They have one more to go, and I wonder if they're saving the doozie for last?

I won't even have a cat because I don't want to deal with litter boxes. Two weeks ago I made a guest take her shoes off because she'd stepped on dog crap outside while picking some of my lemons. She kept insisting she'd scraped it off, but I'm too anal (bad choice of word?) about stuff like that to even consider letting those shoes on my clean carpet.

The thought of living ON TOP of 3 feet of compressed fecal matter and dead cats is beyond my ability to process.

Old 01-07-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
The youngest daughter -- but the rest were totally supportive of the old bat.
Can you imagine what Thanksgiving must be like with that family? That would make a great reality show.

Old 01-07-2011, 03:41 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,029,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Can you imagine what Thanksgiving must be like with that family? That would make a great reality show.
Good Lord --- send me to the nut house NOW - in advance, cuz ... I don't want no part of that mess!!!

Old 01-07-2011, 08:49 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fontucky View Post
Where would you eat???

Old 01-07-2011, 08:55 PM

Not at her trailer, that's for sure.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:44 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,780,146 times
Gary is such a coward, when the landlords came, he takes off.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:50 PM

659 posts, read 1,759,205 times
OMG - I can't believe NO ONE has mentioned last night's finale!!!

OK - I'm a HUGE animal lover, and actually think rodents are cute, but the scenes of the guy with his hoard of 2000+ rats made me feel a little queasy. I was in complete shock throughout the entire episode. I thought Bunny Man from last week was wild - this guy made Bunny Man look like an average pet owner.

I did feel sorry for him though - he was obviously in some significant pain and grief over the loss of his wife.

At least he was very willing to let the clean up team rip out his SHEET ROCK to get them all out. Good Lord - the house has to be a total loss. I can't imagine he can possibly repair all the damage done by the rats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV