Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2013, 10:57 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times

Advertisements

Usually on these shows they get both help from a therapist as well as an organizer, so the hope is they will learn how to cope with stress as well as learn how to organize or not to start hoarding again. However most people in society don't have this available to them and I think them not continuing to hoard or reverting back to it is high. I think therapy is a must to overcome this and even with therapy there will be people that can't beat it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 03:08 PM

380 posts, read 376,777 times
Is their an opposite affliction to hoarding. Watching this show almost makes me want to live in a bare house.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,305,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiggan View Post
Is their an opposite affliction to hoarding. Watching this show almost makes me want to live in a bare house.
Some people compulsively clean their houses.

Old 11-04-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
^^^ I agree. There are people called minimalists, and they live with only the bare necessities in life. I would guess that would be the opposite.

Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 PM

404 posts, read 385,696 times
Default I agree

Quote:

I'm now on the other extreme too. I hate clutter. I'm constantly throwing away stuff (and clearing out my closet).

Old 11-08-2013, 03:06 AM

I've watched this show for as long as it has been on, plus the other Hoarders shows. I was never the hoarding type anyway, but it has made me want to buy anything that could cause clutter even less. I think when the last of my children move out and I am living alone, I will live with as little clutter and knick-knacks as possible.

Old 11-09-2013, 01:38 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,572,682 times
When my son moved out this past July, I was de-cluttering my office into his room before the U-haul was out of the driveway. To have breathing room was wonderful! I'm not a hoarder, but my sister-in-law (and her mom before her) borders on it. Especially food. There are cans of soup in her house that expired 10 years ago, but she doesn't see a problem with that. When I was there for a week in September, I cleaned out her fridge and threw away about six grocery bags of rotten meats, fruits and veggies. It was disgusting...

Old 11-09-2013, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy1210 View Post
When my son moved out this past July, I was de-cluttering my office into his room before the U-haul was out of the driveway. To have breathing room was wonderful! I'm not a hoarder, but my sister-in-law (and her mom before her) borders on it. Especially food. There are cans of soup in her house that expired 10 years ago, but she doesn't see a problem with that. When I was there for a week in September, I cleaned out her fridge and threw away about six grocery bags of rotten meats, fruits and veggies. It was disgusting...
That is disgusting. So would your sister-in-law eat that 10 year old food she was keeping? I have seen some of these hoarders with food that had to be bad, but I think their systems build up an immunity to it. I remember one with a lady that had chickens and there were literally unrefrigerated eggs all over the house. She would grab a bunch of them and cook scrambled out on a fire outside and eat them.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:32 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,832,394 times
The Hoarders has about run it's course in the public interest.

It's time to get a new and more disgusting affliction to entertain us.

What about a show on Bus Stinkers who ride public transportation with feces and urine falling out of the legs of their pants.

Old 11-09-2013, 10:03 PM

^^^ So is that for real or a made up affliction? I would hope it isn't for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV