Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 10:07 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,824,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I spend most of my time laughing my azz off while watching these fake azz people. They are so out of touch with reality. Rachel's voice does set my nerves on end though. If any of these people who get so freakin stressed out to the point of almost having a heart attack over fashion ever had to do an honest days work they would kill themselves.
Having worked in the garment industry for 20 years I can say that the fashion industry is tough and faced paced.

Having a good understanding of the industry, I really enjoy this show and Project Runway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 10:22 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,158,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
Having worked in the garment industry for 20 years I can say that the fashion industry is tough and faced paced.

Having a good understanding of the industry, I really enjoy this show and Project Runway.
well people can make it stressful but the reality is--it aint brain surgery.

Old 10-11-2009, 11:55 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,824,617 times
Quote:
well people can make it stressful but the reality is--it aint brain surgery.
It may not be brain surgery but it is a very tough and ruthless industry, stressful, you bet it is.

As a stylist, Rachel is dealing with top movie stars, high profile photoshoots, if she doesn't have the right look or know the latest trends, she's done.

YouTube - From A Pile of Stuff

Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarnancy View Post
It may not be brain surgery but it is a very tough and ruthless industry, stressful, you bet it is.

As a stylist, Rachel is dealing with top movie stars, high profile photoshoots, if she doesn't have the right look or know the latest trends, she's done.

YouTube - From A Pile of Stuff
understood but gotta say again--with all the really serious issues in this country and knowing how some really important jobs are very stress filled and how many really crappy jobs are out there .......I see no need to stress over clothes for over-indulged celebrities. Nope-no excuses.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,079,969 times
Ahhh...nothing like watching a dysfunctional business meeting between Taylor and Rachel. I am so glad that Rachel is taking herself out of the day to day management of the company. She so avoids conflict and cannot make a decision if it involves her own staff.

Brad....those shorts were short How retro 80 and before It's amazing that we were not all arrested for wearing them back then

The female supermodel could have used a sandwich for the photo shoot. She was so thin and when they had the wind machine on her I thought she would blow away.

The male supermodel, wow He was built

I hope Taylor can create happiness for herself. It was fun to see her and Brad having a humorous moment. I think Brad has the ability to melt the iceberg persona and get her to come out and play. I think she will be a great product developer for the company.

I think I would shoot myself if I had to pack and unpack boxes all day long. I guess it would be better than working for UPS

Old 10-13-2009, 12:34 PM

I would have to see it to believe that Rachel -the control freak-is gonna let Rodger take over......ha! IF it happens I think Tay better put on a happy face and when told to take sunglasses off at a meeting then she better do just that. She's such a spoiled ,hateful little girl. Poor Tay...........so bored at a photo shoot. Try frying burgers and MacDs girlfriend!!!
Brad--no you do not have nice looking legs and don't wear those shorts again. Ever. Anywhere.
I didn't think the model was as thin as Rachel and not as thin as some models. Do think she was snotty though. See the look she gave to Taylor & Brad when they were joking around? Damn!
As for those boxes---ha--they could have sat there until cob webs formed but no way I would do someone else's job over and again; which Taylor does. I think so she will have more to gripe about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Ahhh...nothing like watching a dysfunctional business meeting between Taylor and Rachel. I am so glad that Rachel is taking herself out of the day to day management of the company. She so avoids conflict and cannot make a decision if it involves her own staff.

Brad....those shorts were short How retro 80 and before It's amazing that we were not all arrested for wearing them back then

The female supermodel could have used a sandwich for the photo shoot. She was so thin and when they had the wind machine on her I thought she would blow away.

The male supermodel, wow He was built

I hope Taylor can create happiness for herself. It was fun to see her and Brad having a humorous moment. I think Brad has the ability to melt the iceberg persona and get her to come out and play. I think she will be a great product developer for the company.

I think I would shoot myself if I had to pack and unpack boxes all day long. I guess it would be better than working for UPS

Old 10-13-2009, 02:15 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,693,803 times
What was the problem with Taylor and her stupid sunglasses? Brad is so fun and Taylor so well not so much

Old 10-13-2009, 04:55 PM

8,893 posts, read 4,541,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
What was the problem with Taylor and her stupid sunglasses? Brad is so fun and Taylor so well not so much
What's up with her hair, don't think she ever combs it!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denise in Fla View Post
What's up with her hair, don't think she ever combs it!!!
I so want to reach in and cut off that part of her hair hanging in her face. She needs to lay off the bleach for a long time too

Old 10-13-2009, 05:57 PM

21,870 posts, read 15,079,969 times
Quote:
I so want to reach in and cut off that part of her hair hanging in her face. She needs to lay off the bleach for a long time too
<with dark sunglasses on and with a Starbucks venti half caf, non-fat coffee in hand>

You people are, um, well, you see....<flipping hair out of eyes> Never mind, you wouldn't understand me anyway!

(Sorry - Tay-Tay took over my body and made me post)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV