U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-29-2011, 10:00 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,474,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme it View Post
I don't think either one of them is necessary. Nicole seems like someone who has slept her way to the top.
I agree. They seem to be there just to be eye candy and their judging is mediocre. I saw Nicole and Simon on Piers Morgan's show before XFactor aired, and Nicole seems to have no substance. I mean, she was annoying with her baby voice and too giggly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 03:21 AM

1,958 posts, read 2,110,033 times
Oh man, the host is just dreamy!

Anyway I'm rooting for that old cat from the south and the burrito slinger.

I find it weird how they're going to break up the contestants, boys, girls, over 30, and group? Huh? And the previews for next week where they're going to have to learn how to dance? Do we really need another one of those manufactured pop stars? Particularly the ones they keep mentioning, like Bieber? Meh.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM

9,720 posts, read 4,369,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
And the previews for next week where they're going to have to learn how to dance? Do we really need another one of those manufactured pop stars?

Yes, I noticed that too. How silly. Some singers have a musical style for which they don't need to know any kind of choreography! And of course, some will be better dancers than others because of age or dancing experience or whatever... That's very unfair.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:42 AM

1,799 posts, read 2,241,617 times
So as much as I dislike Nicole as a judge, I do think she got something right last night. The duo Ausem was ok, but the girl doesn't sing very well. Austin, however, is an excellent singer and I think he needs to split from the group and do it on his own. The girl simply isn't good enough.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:00 AM

905 posts, read 839,244 times
The choreography is probably for the whole group to sing together, like they do on AI. I don't know, just a thought.
How about that Brennan(sp?) from Nashville? Very easy on the eyes. Great voice too.
Now that the 4 "comedy" episodes are over, hopefully next week they will actually get down to business.
Splitting them into groups could be beneficial. For some of the contestants this is their first time in front of an audience. They can be mentored on stage presence, appearance, how to use their voice to the best of their ability.
Let's face it, at least 3 of the groups will have a great mentor.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:15 AM

1,357 posts, read 885,595 times
Was this the show that had Mulder & Scully?

Old 09-30-2011, 10:36 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,474,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
Was this the show that had Mulder & Scully?
LOL good one.

Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM

12,836 posts, read 9,132,693 times
Jazzlyn sounds awesome...http://social.entertainment.msn.com/...&ocid=ansent11

Last edited by Hawk J; 09-30-2011 at 11:57 AM..

Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM

7,371 posts, read 3,375,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Oh man, the host is just dreamy!

Anyway I'm rooting for that old cat from the south and the burrito slinger.

I find it weird how they're going to break up the contestants, boys, girls, over 30, and group? Huh? And the previews for next week where they're going to have to learn how to dance? Do we really need another one of those manufactured pop stars? Particularly the ones they keep mentioning, like Bieber? Meh.
Loved the burrito slinger. He was great.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:04 PM

4,502 posts, read 8,059,584 times
Who was that 14 year old kid they kept showing on the commercials? Where they made it seem he was trying to start something with Simon? I don't watch the show but they showed his part on the local news here this morning because he's from Brooklyn and he was the local morning news show a couple of years ago (singing the same song).

Was he actually confronting Simon? Or was it part of his schtick? If he was confronting Simon like that, I would hate it if he actually got through.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV