Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 AM

1,828 posts, read 3,457,924 times

Advertisements

I love Dexter!!! and I will be glad when they give him some "grown folks" music to sing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 09:29 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus View Post
Anyone know when is the next episode being aired?
I'd like to know too. This moving the nights around isn't cool.

Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM

2,209 posts, read 4,222,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I'd like to know too. This moving the nights around isn't cool.
Tuesday night. The schedule is screwy but you can go to this link and check it out on Mondays to see air dates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_F...(U.S._season_1)

Old 10-26-2011, 07:31 AM

10,662 posts, read 9,316,817 times
First things first: the song choices were once again so wrong for many acts - what a disappointment... But I liked the fact the mentor had to choose right away who stayed or not.

Boys: no big surprise here, Phillip Lomax gor the boot after having to sing a very wrong song... I personally would have sent Chris Rene home, I know many people love him but I personnally couldn't care less, I never found him interesting. Astro is incredible for his age, but really needs a kick you know where. Marcus is, well, Marcus. He deserves better songs, though.

Groups: I still don't understand what kind of career Intensity can have, in spite of what the judges said yesterday. Should they get a record deal, I give them less than two years.
Lakoda Rayne are really good, their voices blend incredibly well. I don't think they'll win, but they can have a career.
The Stereo Hoggz are excellent, I'm not really into their genre but I like them.
The Brewer boys did what they could with what they were given, but I was not surprised to see them go.

Over 30s: Dexter had to go, but poor guy, what a lousy choice of songs...
Leroy (60? really?) and Stacy did very well, though Stacy may be voted off by the public very soon (just a feeling I have).
Josh is just incredible, give him the 5 millions already!

Girls: Simone and Tiah... bleh... Good riddance, shouldn't have been there in the first place anyway.
Drew is amazing, she really has an interesting voice but I hope it will not just be balad after balad each week.
I must say I was disappointed by Rachel, probably once again because of the song choice; and this make up and hair-do... really?
Melanie did very well but the song choice was (for once) predictable and "easy" for her.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:51 AM

7,372 posts, read 14,673,832 times
I cant believe dexter made it through. Just shows you how bad nicole is as a judge.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:05 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVitamin View Post
Tuesday night. The schedule is screwy but you can go to this link and check it out on Mondays to see air dates: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_X_F...(U.S._season_1)
Thanks. Missed it last night. Hopefully it will be OnDemand.

Old 10-26-2011, 08:21 AM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
Dexter made it to the show last night and then was sent packing.
Song choices for the most part were not what I expected. Why weren't they given songs that showcased their abilities? Instead, they had songs that just that sounded like they were coming in on an audition. IMO.
I think the judges got it right for the most part on who made it thru and who didn't.
Intensity, I'm not sure about. Don't see it happening.
Drew's voice is interesting but don't see her winning.
Rachel, sweet kid, she'll get a contract from somewhere.
Melanie just blows my mind when I hear her sing, what a voice.
Stacey, keep building that confidence girl.
Leroy, give him a decent song or ballad. Put some pep in his step.
Josh, what can I say, up there with Melanie.
Chris won't last long.
Astro, good kid, but not worth 5mil.
Marcus, yes he needs decent music.
Can't wait till next week, of course with America voting I'm sure it'll turn everything upside down.

Old 10-26-2011, 12:08 PM

4,046 posts, read 2,128,844 times
Yup, Josh and Melanie are easily the best. But interestingly (at least to me), they don't have typical pop star looks and personalities, so we shall see who the public wants.

Okay---I know I shouldn't disparage a little kid----but Astro really bugs me! He is so arrogant and cocky. Admittedly, I don't like hip hop---but when Chris Rennie did it, I found it more tolerable from him. What really bothers me is that the judges want every contestant to go outside their comfort zone----but Astro is never encouraged to do so. Same old hip hop each time. I think it's because Astro has only one zone---just hip hop and has no ability to attempt anything else. Wonder if he will ever have a sing a ballad?

Old 10-26-2011, 12:21 PM

24,665 posts, read 69,673,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
I am really sick and tired of watching Dexter cry.
Thank goodness' no more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
I cant believe dexter made it through.
Were we watching the same show?

If I didn't have a DVR I wouldn't have watched any of this show but thankfully I can whittle down a 2.5 hour show to about 20 minutes. It's seriously boring beyond boring, all the players are a parody of themselves and there's maybe three or four out of the whole bunch of performers who can actually sing. The choice of songs was, for the most part, simply dreadful and every time Paula oozed out another, "You nailed it" comment I felt like taking a nail gun to her lips.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:43 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,449,764 times
Song choices were not only wrong but just flat out terrible. Do we really need everyone singing a bunch of not good mashups... Are they trying to have all check out for the season??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV