Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 02:22 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I just watched it OnDemand. They edited out Drew shoving Marcus away!

I think it's terrible that they edit the video of the live shows.

I'll bet the people on the West Coast didn't see her do that.
What? When did she shove him? I hope they're not saying when she reached out and touched his arm she was shoving him. LOL I saw her do that right before they said which was leaving, the look on her face when she did it and it was definitely a soothing touch. Not a shove.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 12-02-2011 at 02:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 02:34 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
What? When did she shove him? I hope they're not saying when she reached out and touched his arm she was shoving him. LOL I saw her do that, the look on her face when she did it and it was definitely a soothing touch. Not a shove.
That's not what we're talking about. She pushed him away with both of her hands when he went to hug her immediately after she was eliminated. It wasn't in anger. It was in pain. She was crying . She put both hands up to block him as he approached her and shoved him weakly away "like NOOOOOO get away from me" -- similar to how small children push adults away when they are crying. He wasn't even close to her, just heading towards her with open arms to give her a hug. She did subsequently let him hug her later. The part with her shoving him away in the live video has since been edited out of the recorded versions.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:35 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
I saw her shove him. She was crying and he reached out to her as if to comfort her, She pushed him away and the look on her face clearly indicated she didnt want anything to do with him.

Edited to add that Hopes and I were posting at the same time.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:38 PM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
I was really surprised to see Drew in the bottom 3, but that's what such shows are all about: surprises (good or bad).
I think the whole think about Jesus is because she was so lost and in disbelief she started talking nonsense. She's just a kid, after all.

I'm delighted Astro is gone.

I don't think it was because she was lost at all.

She actually said, "I can say this now... I did this for Jesus" Frankly, I bet anytime that she started the Jesus talk early on and was told by Simon or whomever to not go there or else she might not make it through the whole thing... regarding getting enough votes.

I saw it as she thought, why not say it, I'm out of here,. now I can admit it.

Last edited by brava4; 12-02-2011 at 02:51 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 02:39 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
That's not what we're talking about. She pushed him away with both of her hands when he went to hug her after she was eliminated. It wasn't in anger. It was in pain. She was crying . She put both hands up to block him as he approached her and shoved him weakly away "like NOOOOOO get away from me" -- similar to how small children push adults away when they are crying. He wasn't even close to her, just heading towards her with open arms to give her a hug. She did subsequently let him hug her later. The part with her shoving him away in the live video has since been edited out of the recorded versions.
Oh, I did miss that. I saw her shaking real hard after she sang and sobbing later. I nearly cried for her myself.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I don't think it was because she was lost at all.

She actually said, "I can say this now... I did this for Jesus" Frankly, I bet anything that she started the Jesus talk early on and was told by Simon or whomever to not go there or else she might not make it through the whole thing... regarding getting enough votes.

Exactly my thought when she said it, as if she were being muffled til then.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:46 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
She actually said, "I can say this now... I did this for Jesus" Frankly, I bet anything that she started the Jesus talk early on and was told by Simon or whomever to not go there or else she might not make it through the whole thing... regarding getting enough votes.
I agree. But I also saw it as an admission that she had "sold" out. If she believes that strongly in Jesus (and I dont doubt that she does), she had to know that the provocative way she was dressing and performing on stage was not right, especially for someone her age.

There's a big market for Christian music and Drew could do well there.

Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
I agree. But I also saw it as an admission that she had "sold" out. If she believes that strongly in Jesus (and I dont doubt that she does), she had to know that the provocative way she was dressing and performing on stage was not right, especially for someone her age.

There's a big market for Christian music and Drew could do well there.
Wow. You could make a lot of money at that, you know (mind reading).

I've been corrected. Not meant how I read it. My sincerest apologies to texasfirewheel--both for taking it wrong and being a smart*****. Tried to say it in a rep but too soon to rep again.

Last edited by Whyte Byrd; 12-02-2011 at 03:07 PM..

Old 12-02-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
I cannot recall one week when Melanie missed a pitch (that was glaringly) noticeable. In EVERY performance she has control over her songs and voice. Her voice is powerful and commands attention. While she has not done it with every song, her audition song, her song at the judge's home, last week's R. Kelly (I'm the Greatest) and this past Wednesday's Michael Jackson's Earth Song ALL were goosebumps material. I seriously cannot say I've felt that with other singers with the EXCEPTION of Josh's audition song, At Last.

Also, Melanie, despite her voice, flies under the radar. Until last week, she was quiet, mature, mild mannered and just did her thing. All of the other singers have flubbed at one point or another and I still believe some who were sent home were better than some of them who still remain.

Finally, Melanie is a throw-back singer in the likes of Gladys Knight, Whitney Houston and other "soul" singers, someone with the 3 back up singers off to the side. She is NOT going to be the next Rhianna or Beyonce, prancing around a stage and dancing with/gyrating all kinds of props. The other girls who tried to do that went home. Melanie forces you to acknowledge her voice and her voice only. An example is that Marcus is still around (IMO) because he has sailed under catchy charisma but his pitch is sometimes all over the place (more like, screaming). Melanie has just stood up there, belted out her songs and sent the audience, judges and people at home into a frenzy. Simple as that. Yes, she might sound like other singers but she does a GREAT job sounding like those other established and successful singers and she will have her niche amongst those who are still into soul and Gospel music (MOTOWN).
I have to agree with you. There aren't many who can belt it out like her. I think she is a powerhouse of a voice.

Old 12-02-2011, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Agree about Astro...I don't think rapping is singing.

Chris Renee MAY be able to sing...maybe they should insist on contestants singing songs, tape his arms to his sides (those corny hand motions and flailing arms are overdone ) and make him sing a song... I think he might be good...

Hey, if my mentor was L A Reid and he was banging his chest, waving his arms, or even picking his nose... I would follow right along... and bang, wave and pick all I had to!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV