Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2011, 10:11 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
The thing confusing me about this is the Pepsi commercial, I love Josh but can't picture him in a commercial. Do they want a great singer or an entertainer to make a commercial? Marcus sings off tune so I guess he can dance around in a commercial, I am looking for a great singer that moves me.
I told my Mom the other day that I kind of want one of the losers to say "Now I'm free to say this, I'm not a Pepsi person. Coke forever baby! Can't beat the Real thing" and then go on about Coke, or even sing "I'd like to buy the world a Coke", until they bleep him/her out (Granted that'd be obnoxious, but the constant Pepsi-ad element annoys me at times and also I am a Coke guy myself)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2011, 10:12 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Apparently Astro has already been signed by Jay-Z's label:

'X Factor's Astro Signed by Jay-Z After... | Gather

Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Reality TV World interviews of Drew and Astro:

Drew Ryniewicz: 'X Factor' judges' rivalry could have been my demise - Reality TV World

"Astro" Brian Bradley: I still don't get how I got voted off 'The X Factor' - Reality TV World

Drew's interview is very indepth and thoughtful. Astro's interview is short by comparison, he just keeps repeating "the past is in the past."

And from reading Drew's interview, it does sound like Simon truly feels responsible. Drew doesn't blame him, she always knew she had the right to say NO to his advice. She talks about how they both truly thought they could keep doing the same thing. She touches on believing that Simon got stubborn and dug in his heels when the other judges insisted she try something different. I can see how he could be a stubborn person to the detriment of himself and others. He has big pride. But I'm also impressed that he recognizes and admits that he made a mistake. It's just a shame that he didn't realize it sooner.

Interestingly, Drew's idol is a fan of hers on Twitter. Astro hasn't heard from his idols, saying they'll wake up eventually. What an ego. LOL

Justin tweeted his condolences saying he lost his first competition too: http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1678613.php/Justin-Bieber-tells-eliminated-US-X-Factor-star-Drew-Ryniewicz-to-keep-her-head-up (broken link)

Old 12-03-2011, 07:48 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,348,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post

Drew Ryniewicz: 'X Factor' judges' rivalry could have been my demise - Reality TV World

"Astro" Brian Bradley: I still don't get how I got voted off 'The X Factor' - Reality TV World

Drew's interview is very indepth and thoughtful. Astro's interview is short by comparison, he just keeps repeating "the past is in the past."

p (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1678613.php/Justin-Bieber-tells-eliminated-US-X-Factor-star-Drew-Ryniewicz-to-keep-her-head-up - broken link)

Thanks for those links. Confirms what I have thought since the first season of Idol -- Simon Cowell is an absolute jackass. Even SHE wanted to do "something different" and he would not let her!! He thinks he knows it all (remember that clip they showed about their chair argument and he said "Trust me!" ?) and I am absolutely delighted that he has been shown wrong and lost his little star because of it. I would say that he has been "humbled" but I'm sure he hasn't -- it will be the other judges' "fault" that Drew didn't "get the chance" to "show what she can do." As I said before...he had two months to let her show some diversity and he didn't. I will be very curious to see if he is involved with the album she already seems to know she has coming up. I hope Rachel goes home next week and he only has Melanie left -- and that Josh will win. Since this is Simon's show, I'm certain he has always assumed that one of "his" people would win.And if not, we'll hear that "America got it wrong."

And Asstro's interview? To quote his endless statement, "it is what it is."
He remains clueless. As though Twitter fans are the same as votes.... And if they ever let another non-singer on a singing show the producers should be drawn and quartered!

Old 12-03-2011, 09:29 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,348,476 times
There is a part of me that thiks the "chair debacle" wasn't bad as an "out there artistic" type of thing. But not for this situation.

I have no idea who Simon has producrd. Can anyone tell me?

I wonder if the "group" part of the show will continue. I think it is the death knell for whomever gets them.

I liked Astro and look forward to seeing what he ends up doing.

Old 12-03-2011, 08:19 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,040,030 times
Interesting comments from all of the judges after the show:

Simon Cowell 'angry' over Drew elimination; L.A. Reid says Cowell was 'bratty' - National The X Factor | Examiner.com

Simon Cowell Says Paula Abdul Sending Drew Home was Big Mistake After X Factor Double Elimination | OK! Magazine

LA Reed says that Simon is behaving as poorly as Astro did two weeks ago!

It's so true!

Good for Paula saying:

Quote:
“At that moment, I am not thinking. I am just saying that I need to feel an emotional connection. It’s the format of the show,” and added to her justification, “I am doing my job and if it’s a ‘Save Me’ song, don’t tell me that you have to look at consistency or who is going to be marketable. It’s a competition. I take my job very seriously.”
Simon admits Marcus sang a better Save Me song:

Quote:
Cowell: “To be fair to Marcus, he was better on the sing-off than I've seen him before. It really looked like he cared and he's a nice kid, but just the way it happened, I suppose it was frustrating.”
But Simon doesn't think Paul and Nichol were fair. Geeze, isn't Simon the creator of the show? Isn't he the one who formulated the show to have a Sing Off?

When he had the deciding vote, we were ALL wondering why he wasn't basing his decisions on the sing off. I'm glad the other judges are!

Oh, btw, this is what Simon had to say when asked if he would sign Drew:

Quote:
"I think right now, we've got to concentrate on what we promised the others. It's a winner's show. I've still got two singers left [Melanie Amaro and Rachel Crow], and I've got to do a better job."

Old 12-03-2011, 09:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,429,067 times
Quote:
Oh, btw, this is what Simon had to say when asked if he would sign Drew:
Thanks for your interesting post, Hopes! And Simon's comments about not signing Drew right now speak volumes.

Old 12-04-2011, 08:45 AM

302 posts, read 580,361 times
I'd like to "vote" the nasty dancers off! And since when is gyrating on stage considered dancing? They are distracting, which I suppose is the point, you're not as likely to hear the pitch problems if you are "entertained." I love Josh's voice but Simon was right, all the strange dancing around him just distracted and in my opinion cheapened the performance.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM

3,175 posts, read 3,655,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof11 View Post
I'd like to "vote" the nasty dancers off! And since when is gyrating on stage considered dancing? They are distracting, which I suppose is the point, you're not as likely to hear the pitch problems if you are "entertained." I love Josh's voice but Simon was right, all the strange dancing around him just distracted and in my opinion cheapened the performance.
I agree, they won't be happy until the children can't watch anything at all on TV. Can't wait for Idol, thought the X Factor would be good, can't stand it.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:19 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,931 times
Quote:

I just watched it OnDemand. They edited out Drew shoving Marcus away!

I think it's terrible that they edit the video of the live shows.

I'll bet the people on the West Coast didn't see her do that.
Nope, didn't see it. Do you know if there are any videos floating around online that show it? I'd love to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post

Has anyone posted that Rachel reminds them of Shirley Temple? (And please dont ask who that is. I feel old enough already.)
Spot on. I've thought that, too, so you aren't alone.
Quote:

And from reading Drew's interview, it does sound like Simon truly feels responsible. Drew doesn't blame him, she always knew she had the right to say NO to his advice. She talks about how they both truly thought they could keep doing the same thing. She touches on believing that Simon got stubborn and dug in his heels when the other judges insisted she try something different. I can see how he could be a stubborn person to the detriment of himself and others. He has big pride. But I'm also impressed that he recognizes and admits that he made a mistake. It's just a shame that he didn't realize it sooner.

Interestingly, Drew's idol is a fan of hers on Twitter. Astro hasn't heard from his idols, saying they'll wake up eventually. What an ego. LOL

Justin tweeted his condolences saying he lost his first competition too: Justin Bieber tells eliminated US X Factor star Drew Ryniewicz to keep her head up - Monsters and Critics (http://www.monstersandcritics.com/people/news/article_1678613.php/Justin-Bieber-tells-eliminated-US-X-Factor-star-Drew-Ryniewicz-to-keep-her-head-up - broken link)
I got a totally different feel from the Drew interview. I think she does blame Simon. She repeatedly said she kept listening to him even though she wanted to do different things and how he kept telling her to trust him. She takes absolutely no personal responsibility for the fact that it was her voice and her mouthiness to the judges that started turning people off.

And speaking of voices, she's egotistical beyond her talents. Her voice is mature according to her. At 14? Uh, no, sweetie, it's not. Even Barbra Freaking-Amazing Streisand continues to see and use a voice coach throughout her career. Drew came across to me in that interview as a stuck-up, spoiled little brat, just as much as Astro. Her sense of entitlement is equally as obnoxious, she just didn't say it out loud on the show the way he did.

Good riddance to her, I say. Yeesh, that interview made me want to slap her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV