Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
I feel exactly the same.

I've been saying the same thing all along. But you can't blame her. She's just trying too hard. It's her dream, after all. But she needs time to mature and grow in her craft. I think she's ready for kids shows now, but not cd sales.

Tried to quote 18montclair's post too but couldn't get it to do so...
at any rate, welcome both of you to my bandwagon . I don't care for 13-going-35 in general, and her in particular. That publicity photo of her with lips puckered and hair plastered to one side and fluffed on the other drives me nuts.

I also think L.A.'s little comment last night to Rachel "that we're not supposed to talk about it, but" and then went on to say he heard "Hollywood is calling" -- I think that was a little strategy of his for anyone waffling about voting for Rachel -- that they could vote (hypothetically) for Marcus or Chris (L.A.'s boys) and still know that Rachel will be "set" with a career anyway. He had a Cheshire cat face on when he said that, seemed to me!

I still think Marcus is going home tonight... FF will be Josh, Melanie, Chris and - ugh - Little Miss Wisecracker.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2011, 08:05 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudcaro View Post
Ok, first things first: dance music, really? Did we really need DJs etc?
And what was that glitch about the Pepsi song? Did they even really explain what was going on? I'm sure it's all blah-blah-blah and they wanted to push the contestants to the limits with a last minute change...

Melanie: great job on both songs. I agree about the make-up, they should have changed her lipstick color after song #1.
Marcus: great job on the second song in my opinion, but it may not be enough to save him.
Josh: he did great on the dance song, which is miles away from his style. And he gave me chills on Something, which is one of my favorite songs.
Rachel: OK, she can sing, we know that. But the outfits are still terrible. And now she really needs to learn how to move on stage.
I personally think that the problem with Rachel is that she looks like a little girl - she's 14 now, but looks like an 8 years old (it was even worse with the flower in her hair).
Chris: OK, I'm going to be nice with him today. The second song, though not the best song I ever heard, was at least a real song, not a cra**y hiphop-ish song... And he wrote it! Proof that he can do something different. (I just wish he dropped the rapper's annoying "Hu" in the middle of sentences, but hey, nobody's perfect).

Josh is still my favorite.
Agree with all your comments!

Josh or Melanie...the two most talented.

Rachel's second outfit looked like "101 Year Old Granny Fancy Funeral Dress".

Agree about Chris, too, ...nice to finally hear him sing....like all the others had to do...

Old 12-08-2011, 08:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
Okay, just thought of something I dont like Rachel--her smile and laugh seems fake and forced.
Ya, she doesn't act natural for a 14 year old....I think she's really older...

Old 12-08-2011, 08:29 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
I think Marcus and Chris are the most talented. Melanie is good but she reminds me of Jordan Sparks from American Idol. I honestly believe she would have 1-2 hits but will fade over time.

As far as Rachael, I don't think there has been anyone like her in recent years in the music industry. Josh reminds me of Michael McDonald. He has a great voice but so did Taylor Hicks from American Idol. I think Marcus and Chris are entertainment and versatile. There are industry greats like both of them and both deserve to win. I really liked Drew and she was one of my choices to win.

Old 12-08-2011, 09:59 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,349,198 times
Is it just me or did Rachel sound off key a lot? She sounded weird to me.

I was impressed that Chris sang another of his own songs. At least he has the guts to do that. He needs to work on expanding the lyrics but I think it has the basis for a decent song. AND he can play a guitar. And he can sing... not the best voice but there is one. So, glad to see he isn't all rap.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:25 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,004,753 times
Ok, as you guys know, Melanie is my pick to win it all and I hope she does because I personally know her and her family (as neighbors both in the Virgin Islands and in South Florida and a classmate with her dad). Her first song was great, but she started off a little slow and the song ended abruptly too soon. She did a great job on the second song even though I HATE that song. Still, she easily stayed on top even on a week when she was so so in my estimation.

I grew up playing the acoustic guitar so Chris Rene's song caught my attention. Not the song itself (too repetitious) but rather, the cool sound of guitar stings hitting minors and major-sevenths. He also ALWAYS looks like he is having fun, always smiling and seeming to come from a long way. Never cared for him early, but as a young man, I really hope this is a start for him to get somewhere positive in life.

Marcus really caught my attention with his second song. EVERY week he has been off pitch here and there and at times, sounds like he is just screaming. His second song was WELL sung, clear, on key and resonating.

I missed Josh's first song, but gotta admit, he did a great job on that second song. His voice is (as should be expected), the most mature and everyone figures it's going to be down to him and Melanie unless there is a total meltdown.

Rachel is in a league of her own FOR KIDS but she has the basic talent which can work for her in about 5 years or so, but she will get picked up by NICK or Disney.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:02 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Because of the West Coast viewers I'm not going to say anything about tonight's results show -- except that Nicole is totally worthless and should be kicked off effective immediately.

Old 12-08-2011, 07:09 PM

10,662 posts, read 9,321,367 times
I won't comment either... but the hopeless one is the host. The guy has no psychology whatsoever...

Old 12-08-2011, 07:12 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
Because of the West Coast viewers I'm not going to say anything about tonight's results show -- except that Nicole is totally worthless and should be kicked off effective immediately.

Well, she wasn't the first to go that route...several weeks ago Paula did the exact same thing, tears and all and "I just can't do it". If they truly feel that way then the next step was part of the show's planning all along, so it doesn't really bother me. I do believe she really didn't think the vote would go the way it did though and that's why she's upset.

I have more to say on the loser's reaction but will do it later. The Cliff Notes version though, is "give me a break!"

Old 12-08-2011, 07:13 PM

193 posts, read 512,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Is it just me or did Rachel sound off key a lot? She sounded weird to me.

I was impressed that Chris sang another of his own songs. At least he has the guts to do that. He needs to work on expanding the lyrics but I think it has the basis for a decent song. AND he can play a guitar. And he can sing... not the best voice but there is one. So, glad to see he isn't all rap.
I don't think Rachel is that great and they constantly praise her and there are a lot of times she is off key. I personally don't think any of them are worth $5 million but I like Marcus, even if he's not the best singer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV