Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2011, 06:11 AM

1,765 posts, read 4,349,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzcat22 View Post
I did see Melanie's weird facial expression. Do you think she was just fighting back tears of relief/triumph, etc.?

I don't think she would have been afraid to cry...she was crying at the very end as she stood there with the host. I think she was trying to keep from exploding, especially at L.A.;, something like "did THAT one work for you, you jacka$$???!" Remember he had not been overwhelmed with her duet and I think that rankled her.

That said, I still think she is arrogant, despite all the touchy-feely background stuff about being "picked on" (never explained WHY) ... and of course Simon had to underline that at the very end and pronounce her worthy of being the winner.

As Simon is her mentor, I think it may be "pre-determined" that one of HIS mentees has to win.... Clearly we know Paula wants Chris to win!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM

15,632 posts, read 24,431,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mag32gie View Post
Melanie definitely has an attitude, reminds me of a gangbanger or something. Chris Rene has a gang thing going on but it is so lovable. I love Josh but he didn't move me last night like he usually does.

I agree with you 100%. Melanie reminds me of a gangbanger too. She looks like one in the photo in the below link, where she's pictured with Trace Kennedy (who's from my city and whose real name is Leeland Stephenson), who reminds me somewhat a gangbanger too.

'X Factor' Frontrunner Melanie Amaro Dating Stereo Hogzz

And , you're right -- Chris does remind me of a lovable gangster...maybe a wanna-be gangster. I dont know what was up with Josh last night. I didnt think he was his usual shy, but confident, self.

Old 12-22-2011, 06:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Chris may win since his "stuff' is what the young people like and they , I think, do the most voting.

Singing talent isn't the issue...who'll make the most money is the key.

Personally, I am so sick of "poor Chris who overcame his addiction"...ya, but I prefer people who were strong enough never to become addicted......and those CORNY CORNY BORING hand signs and waving arms and that SUDDENLY SERIOUS look he gets...

Old 12-22-2011, 06:25 AM

For whom did you vote?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Chris may win since his "stuff' is what the young people like and they , I think, do the most voting.

Singing talent isn't the issue...who'll make the most money is the key.

Personally, I am so sick of "poor Chris who overcame his addiction"...ya, but I prefer people who were strong enough never to become addicted......and those CORNY CORNY BORING hand signs and waving arms and that SUDDENLY SERIOUS look he gets...

Old 12-22-2011, 06:33 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
Personally I think Melanie has the best voice but she bores me to tears. And she has an odd personality..or so it appears.
Josh is a good guy and he can sing but again he's not much of an entertainer.
Chris is fun to watch and is an entertainer but he needs to work on his voice. I just hope the guy can stay clean either way----if he can he will be the "real" winner no matter what!
I have been disappointed in ths show overall---to much time spent on the judges and their disagreements and not enough raw talent with the contestants--I thought there was more talent on American Idol. Just sayin.......

Old 12-22-2011, 06:38 AM

I dont think American Idol has more talented singers -- but I think the American Idol format showcases the talent much better. The X Factor format, where the judges will do/say anything to promote their performers, apparently makes for good drama (and, thus, more viewer interest) but seems to negatively impact the performers themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
Personally I think Melanie has the best voice but she bores me to tears. And she has an odd personality..or so it appears.
Josh is a good guy and he can sing but again he's not much of an entertainer.
Chris is fun to watch and is an entertainer but he needs to work on his voice. I just hope the guy can stay clean either way----if he can he will be the "real" winner no matter what!
I have been disappointed in ths show overall---to much time spent on the judges and their disagreements and not enough raw talent with the contestants--I thought there was more talent on American Idol. Just sayin.......

Old 12-22-2011, 08:31 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Melanie, the church girl, looks like a gangbanger? Lmao.

Dial Idol has results up if anyone wants to take a peek.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:53 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
That said, I still think she is arrogant, despite all the touchy-feely background stuff about being "picked on" (never explained WHY) ... and of course Simon had to underline that at the very end and pronounce her worthy of being the winner.
That annoyed me. So Chris has a story and everyone needs to have a story suddenly? Picked on? That's not really a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Melanie, the church girl, looks like a gangbanger? Lmao.
Speaking of church, who goes to church the size of a stadium? Maybe it's in the South. We don't have churches like that in my neck of the woods.

Old 12-22-2011, 08:59 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,311,123 times
If that prediction is right I might lean towards believing Simon's singer, whoever it might be would win. At least for me personally Melanie did not wow me at all. Her voice was great but that was it.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:20 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,005,830 times
I was, for the first time, disappointed with Josh when he sang At Last again but the judges ate it up so, all's well that ends well, I guess. I really thought he should've pulled out all the stops and sang something like this--he'd have smoked 'em.

Bob Seger - "Get Out Of Denver" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV