Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 AM

18,287 posts, read 23,184,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
You can watch it on the internet free of charge.
I have 24K dial up so no I can't watch it online. But thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by user376 View Post
Does anyone else think that John's flip was stupid and short-sighted? He's at the bottom of the Foa Foa alliance now, and all of Galu will despise him (except for Eric). Yes, in the short term, he had a 14% chance of drawing the rock if he doesn't flip, but in the long term, this move does nothing for him.
Heck no! His tribe was willing to sacrifice him so what pecking order did he have with them? Flipping he at least stays in the game longer than he would have with Galu. Plus I think he sees Galu are not deep thinkers and when push comes to shove Foa Foa will vote off Jaison first. Maybe even before John because Jaison really hasn't contributed to the game much.

M22 Jeff talked about what I was asking at the start of last nights epi:

Quote:
When everybody returned to camp after the last tribal council, Dave Ball came over to the Foa Foa four and said:

“You guys tell Galu I said this, ‘good move!’” Did I miss something? Does anybody know what Dave is talking about? Dave, you ARE Galu, and the move Foa Foa made was as much on YOU as anybody else.
I think Dave is a true idiot and can't wait to see him gone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 AM

18,950 posts, read 11,591,053 times
LOL! I think the producers would LOVE to include a fruitless search by the clueless ones! OMG how funny would that have been?

Old 11-20-2009, 09:21 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times
Wow, some of you are very defensive about other people's opinions about a reality show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post

The "other" team was back at camp when the winners of the challenge went off to the Island. Why didn't they start looking for the idol Instead they waited for Russell to return and follow him around.
I said the exact same thing to my husband while we were watching. What fool doesn't at least try to keep Russell from finding it again? They know he's going to be given a clue at the reward, and they know he's found the last 2 without a clue. If he could do it without a clue, not only should they be able to, as well, but if they don't, then imagine how much more likely it will be that Russell will find it again with a clue!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:23 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella52 View Post
The "other" team was back at camp when the winners of the challenge went off to the Island. Why didn't they start looking for the idol Instead they waited for Russell to return and follow him around.

I'm not a Russell fan but he seems to be the only one playing the game.
I noticed that, too! They lazed about all day long apparently and put no effort into finding the idol. Russell finds it because he takes the initiative to look for it - even without clues.

I did NOT like Russell when the show first started (and I couldn't bear the sight of him in those awful plum-smuggler shorts either ... lol) but he has totally grown on me. That cat is one diabolical little genius. My husband is watching Survivor again for the first time in a couple years because of him.

I loved seeing Laura get the boot. I couldn't believe her husband said her beauty was distracting the other players ... hahahaha!

Old 11-20-2009, 09:53 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
The look on Galu's collective faces at tribal was once again priceless. Foa Foa pulls one last punch as John flips and sends the Viper off to Ponderosa. It's great to see Erik continue to badger her about her casual voting off of him, he will not let it go.

John was smart, not stupid in ensuring his being around come morning. It's an individual game and he fianally took his own fate seriously. That said, the once dominant Galu is no more. RIP Galu.

It looks like we are in for some sort of change-up going into next week. That could simply be the result of the edit but more likely the tribal dynamics are going to ramp up and change. This has become one of the better seasons and continues to evolve in that direction.

Props to Natalie for being the real difference in the reward challenge. I'm glad to see her survive that tie vote.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:05 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,299 times
Fabulous episode. I don't even care anymore if Russell is a plant. When he was searching for that 3rd idol, I was cheering him on. When he found it, I was lauhging.

Glad to see Laura go although I didn't despise her like so many seem to. I thought she was shrewd and played to win. Can't fault her for that. I think she made her mistake a long time ago getting on Shambo's bad side. Shambo tried to find a truce with her early on and suggested they "Take a walk" and talk things out. Laura blew her off.

Shambo did exactly what I'd do in hitching her wagon to Russell.

Laura signed her walking papers when she talked her tribe into voting Eric off. HUGE MISTAKE!!!!

John was wise to change his vote for Laura. She had him in her sights.

Russ will now call the shots until they all figure out how dangerous he is and force him to use the idol.

Of course, he'll just find another one!

I am thoroughly enjoying Survivor. It's nice to look forward to Thursday night again.

Oh, and I swear last night was the first time I ever noticed Brett. Where has he been????

Old 11-20-2009, 10:20 AM

332 posts, read 772,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
Heck no! His tribe was willing to sacrifice him so what pecking order did he have with them? Flipping he at least stays in the game longer than he would have with Galu. Plus I think he sees Galu are not deep thinkers and when push comes to shove Foa Foa will vote off Jaison first. Maybe even before John because Jaison really hasn't contributed to the game much.
John's tribe was not willing to sacrifice him; they were just trying to create the most believable lie. Flipping may have bought him some more time, but it greatly weakened his chances of winning, which is what really matters. You mention that Galu are not deep thinkers; well, if John hadn't flipped and Galu had won the drawing of the rocks, their weak strategy would then work in John's favor: they would pick off the Foa Foas and then John would be up against some rather weak players. Instead, if John makes it to the end, he will be up against strong players.

Old 11-20-2009, 10:22 AM

332 posts, read 772,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamont61 View Post
John was smart, not stupid in ensuring his being around come morning. It's an individual game and he fianally took his own fate seriously.
What's so great about being around for a few more days if you're not going to win anyway? It seems to me that John played scared. He weakened his long-term chances because he was overly paranoid about drawing rocks.

Old 11-20-2009, 11:40 AM

4,362 posts, read 6,531,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by user376 View Post
What's so great about being around for a few more days if you're not going to win anyway? It seems to me that John played scared. He weakened his long-term chances because he was overly paranoid about drawing rocks.
Seriously, what did John have to gain by remaining loyal to a dying carcus? His tribe was making bad choices and was showing poor thought process. It's an individual game more so now that earlier in the game.

It's not rocket science.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:11 PM

208 posts, read 469,494 times
Another great TC last night (some really great ones this season) and Russel getting the immunity idol again. I am starting to really root for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV