U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 AM

12,158 posts, read 7,437,866 times
I'm really embarrassed to ask this but which one is meathead?
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:41 AM

7,812 posts, read 7,835,345 times
oh the lawyer guy the way he talks to his partner that poor girl I would punch him right in the mouth and one has to wonder if he really is a lawyer cause he is such a jerk . LOL !!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:52 AM

14,874 posts, read 23,072,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
oh the lawyer guy the way he talks to his partner that poor girl I would punch him right in the mouth and one has to wonder if he really is a lawyer cause he is such a jerk . LOL !!
He probably chases ambulances or does traffic tickets. I sure would not want him defending me in court or even representing me in any kind of negoitations.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:06 AM

303 posts, read 607,379 times
I was puzzled by the two hour penalty too. It didn't seem to be imposed at the start of the next day since they arrived at the airport at about the same time as everyone else. Also the extra little task they had to do (I forget what it's called) seemed insignificant and not much of a challenge.

Old 09-28-2009, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookmen View Post
I was puzzled by the two hour penalty too. It didn't seem to be imposed at the start of the next day since they arrived at the airport at about the same time as everyone else. Also the extra little task they had to do (I forget what it's called) seemed insignificant and not much of a challenge.
There was something FISHY about that all the way. The 2 hour penalty.......... they should have been the LAST team to check in for the bus ride and would have put them on the 2nd bus NOT the 1st bus. I remember the other roadblocks that teams that came in last had to do for a penalty on the next leg and this one was EASY! I mean, go get the stuff given to you and put it all in one bowl and hand it to the guy. WAY TOO EASY!!!! Remember the football player and his wife had to hand out over a 100 cups of water in India.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:04 PM

6,270 posts, read 12,231,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
There was something FISHY about that all the way. The 2 hour penalty.......... they should have been the LAST team to check in for the bus ride and would have put them on the 2nd bus NOT the 1st bus. I remember the other roadblocks that teams that came in last had to do for a penalty on the next leg and this one was EASY! I mean, go get the stuff given to you and put it all in one bowl and hand it to the guy. WAY TOO EASY!!!! Remember the football player and his wife had to hand out over a 100 cups of water in India.
I noticed the time they left from the pit stop was 2 hours behind everyone else. I suppose they bunched up at the airport while awaiting a flight out.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:09 PM

338 posts, read 187,671 times
I liked the fact they started off going to Asia first rather than South America like they have usually been doing.

Go Team Asperger!!

Old 09-28-2009, 02:07 PM

2,973 posts, read 4,484,356 times
Here in the mountain time zone, there were WAY too many commercials. It got really annoying.

I'm not sure what happened with the time - penalties, etc. I noticed when they got to Tokyo it was 4.30 in the afternoon and when they finished that leg it was 12.15 or something because the first group left at 12.15 am. So they didn't even start the first challenge when they arrived in Tokyo (like they made it look)

Old 09-28-2009, 03:20 PM

^^^There were a LOT of commercials here as well in the Dallas market. Most of them were for the series premiers of upcoming shows for this week and next. Guess the network knew that Amazing Race has a VERY STRONG audience and tried to get our attention for their other shows.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:47 PM

6,586 posts, read 16,210,393 times
My favs are the Harlem Globetrotters and the Aspergers guy and his friend.

My least favorites are the older dating couple - can't stand the lady of that couple and the poker girls, yikes, man, me no likey those chicas at all.

Vietnam, wow, is the whole place a swamp? Dirty water everywhere. The mud part was hilarious as was the duck herding.

I was glad the 2nd couple got the boot - the fiery Columbian woman and her off and on again boyfriend. They need to find a permanent off button to their relationship.

I would have liked the yoga couple to have gone further.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV