Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2009, 10:08 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleJ View Post
Jess, maybe.

I love Miss America and her husband. They have so much fun together.
Me too!!! Love them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
"We'd like 2 tickets to the Persian Gulf"

"Uhm, I've never heard of that."

LMAO!!!!!!

I am SO glad that annoying jerk is gone!
LOL@you Jill !!!

Only reason I wanted team Jerk Attorney to stay on was for comic relief----he was soooooo dumb!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 12:28 AM

4,882 posts, read 5,014,802 times
It looks like Canaan will step-up to the plate and become the new jerk.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:27 AM

16,673 posts, read 15,672,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Okay, peeps, the football game is really pushing Amazing Race back tonight!! It's already going to be at least 40 minutes late and the football game just started overtime.
AR wouldn't have been late starting at all if CBS had started 60 Minutes after the Patriots game was over. Personally, I think they do this on purpose. Until Amazing Race and Cold Case came along, I usually switched away from CBS if 60 Minutes didn't start on time. I don't want programming changed because of a sporting event. If they're going to allow that to happen, they should show the games on ESPN.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
I don't want programming changed because of a sporting event. If they're going to allow that to happen, they should show the games on ESPN.
Or show Amazing Race on some other night.... like one of the "dead" nights, where CBS has derivative, low-rated shows on.

I admit, football bores me silly. Since Sunday is all-football, all the time on the networks, I usually leave the tv on a cable channel as background noise and clean my house or catch up on other stuff. Sometimes, I'll suddenly realize that it's getting late and switch over to watch AR, only to find (sigh) football. I switch back and forth, often missing the first parts(s) of AR.

My question is: Why is CBS spending so much money producing an Emmy winning show like Amazing Race, if they're going to treat it like some ugly step-cousin in their lineup? Does endless football make them that much more money?

Old 10-19-2009, 08:25 AM

6,578 posts, read 25,465,801 times
Actually the late start turned out good for me. It gave me a chance to to watch Extreme Home Makeover which I usually don't watch, but this week was a local family. I remember when the house was being built over the summer we had this terrible heat wave and it caused some problems with the building process. Anyway, it's normally opposite Amazing Race, but not last night.

The poker players are growing on me, although the globetrotters are still my favorite.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 AM

750 posts, read 1,434,772 times
Heh. I used to like Extreme Home Makeover, but what's-his-name-with- the-megaphone drove me round the bend. Unnecessary screaming always does. Too bad, because the premise of the show is really wonderful.

As for Amazing Race, I keep rooting for the dad and pink-haired son. Love the globetrotters, too.

And yes, the poker girls are less grating lately. Maybe they've gotten over themselves a bit and are really concentrating on racing and getting along with others. Much more likeable. Remember how snippy they were to the other teams at the start? Maybe they've figured out the benefits of "you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours" at least in the first half of the competition. The successful teams generally don't get cut-throat til they're down to 3-4 teams.

Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
I was sooo happy with this weeks "loosers"......they deserve each other......just think....their are TWO people out there that don't have to live with JERKS.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:56 AM

234 posts, read 822,828 times
Default Amazing Race last night?

I know there was a football game on last night that made all the programming late on CBS, but did they ever show the Amazing Race? My DVR is set to record an hour extra padding on the end to cover the football delay, but it seems that it went from 60 minutes to a another CBS special skipping the Amazing Race. Did anyone else have this issue? Did they show it after the second CBS show?

Thanks,

John

Old 10-19-2009, 12:06 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,325,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarNorthDallas View Post
Actually the late start turned out good for me. It gave me a chance to to watch Extreme Home Makeover which I usually don't watch, but this week was a local family. I remember when the house was being built over the summer we had this terrible heat wave and it caused some problems with the building process. Anyway, it's normally opposite Amazing Race, but not last night.
Thanks for mentioning Extreme Home Makeover. I didn't realize it was on last night until I watched the news and saw the Marshall family and their friends watching the show. I don't watch the show but these folks are part of the north Texas family and I remember how hot is was when the crews were working on the house.

So, after you mentioned it I watched the show on the computer.

Cry for happy.

Old 10-19-2009, 12:44 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Buh-Bye Lance!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV