Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 06:08 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,695,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
I doubt that mom knows as Tracy is in such terror of being found out that she doesn't want anyone to know she exists. And I should have said that I was concerned about her as well. Don't know if she's becoming an alcoholic but she is heavily self medicating to deal with the pain and fear.
That's true, maybe Tracy is self-medicating. I'm sure Aaron is worried about her going down the same path as him though....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2009, 09:13 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,754 times
I predict they are going to lose many viewers with their 3 month absence. That is what they said, right...FF will be back March __? For me the show is trying too hard with all the different crap and I just don't care to follow it anymore. I am capable, I am just no longer interested. Anybody else not care? Oh well..........

Old 12-04-2009, 11:13 AM

9,444 posts, read 17,382,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I predict they are going to lose many viewers with their 3 month absence. That is what they said, right...FF will be back March __? For me the show is trying too hard with all the different crap and I just don't care to follow it anymore. I am capable, I am just no longer interested. Anybody else not care? Oh well..........
Yes, I'm quickly losing interest as well.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:04 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
I haven't watched last night's episode yet. Should I even bother? Is it true that it won't be back till March? I've been losing interest with every show so far too.

What is wrong with ABC? They are going to end up killing their shows. V won't be back till March either. I will watch V again though. They canceled Eastwick which I liked so much better than FF. They're showing the remaining episodes of Eastwick which just makes it bittersweet for me. I'm hooked and then it's just going to go away and leave me hanging.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:08 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,999,253 times
It's typical for new shows to have a hiatus if they decide to keep them around for the season.

Generally, they only produce a few episodes and then if they get a green light to continue they will produce more. But, there has to be a break for them to produce the additional episodes for the season.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:38 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,164,319 times
I still watch out of habit - only because I DVR it. Other than that - I probably will long forget about it.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
I haven't watched last night's episode yet. Should I even bother? Is it true that it won't be back till March? I've been losing interest with every show so far too.

What is wrong with ABC? They are going to end up killing their shows. V won't be back till March either. I will watch V again though. They canceled Eastwick which I liked so much better than FF. They're showing the remaining episodes of Eastwick which just makes it bittersweet for me. I'm hooked and then it's just going to go away and leave me hanging.
Bummer about Eastwick - I didn't know that.

Old 12-04-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
It's typical for new shows to have a hiatus if they decide to keep them around for the season.

Generally, they only produce a few episodes and then if they get a green light to continue they will produce more. But, there has to be a break for them to produce the additional episodes for the season.
I am old enough to remember that a hiatus or break or whatever, in December was for the holidays and I get that. But shows that are taking a break for 3 months seems like a recipe for trouble - trouble keeping their viewers. As far as filming goes I think all the TV show makers should have figured that out by now - TV isn't a new invention. Get those overpaid actors hustling a little more for their pay!!
Anyway, RjRobb2, I mean no disrespect towards you, but the network.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:11 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post

A three month hiatus doesn't seem typical. I know the shows usually have a hiatus during the holiday season and that's around 6 or 7 weeks. Any other new shows going on hiatus till March? Or just FF and V?

Old 12-04-2009, 04:15 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,189,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ouijeewoman View Post
A three month hiatus doesn't seem typical. I know the shows usually have a hiatus during the holiday season and that's around 6 or 7 weeks. Any other new shows going on hiatus till March? Or just FF and V?
This is happening frequently Warehouse 13 and Burn Notice come to mind, and there are several others I can't think of at the moment. Only with W13 and BN they're off for more like 6 months. Didn't The Sopranos go off for a year or so a couple of times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV