Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 07:42 AM

18,936 posts, read 11,537,315 times

Advertisements

Liz is 50!? No way. Whaaat!? Are you sure? She talks about being a granny all the time so I just assumed she was older. Plus, she seems sort of worn out and ragged - stumbles around, collapses - in a different way than the others when they get exhausted. Sheesh. 50? That just doesn't seem right.

Oh Tracy - ick. She's spooky and devious. I thought coach was a little afraid of her and her witchy ways LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 07:49 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,365,046 times
Yep - actually, the bios I've seen have her listed as 49.....WTH? She acts like she's got one foot in the grave. She's only 2 years older than Helen from last season.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:51 AM

4,357 posts, read 6,503,411 times
No player in the History of Biggest Loser has gotten more from the show than Abby. She's in a completely different place than she was coming in. Wow, she looks great now and has a great out look once again.

Liz?? I'm two years younger and though there may be some gray wiskers on me, I'm no where near feeling or looking THAT old. She's falling apart old AND her mind is going too.

Old 10-28-2009, 07:56 AM

15,893 posts, read 18,238,003 times
Tracy has crazy eyes. Very spooky.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:27 AM

302 posts, read 579,133 times
I've been watching this season, and I have been impressed by the black team. They are a support system for each other. They've had some bad breaks (due mostly to Tracy's stacking of the blue team) but they finally won a challenge. The eliminations on that team were for the most part one person sacrificing themselves for the team, because they thought that their team mates needed to be on the ranch more than themselves. The blue team got rid of Coach but their bottom line was that Tracy could get them further.

Tracy- is evil- but she is playing the game to win. I think she's played it to her detriment because no one trusts her and don't like her.

Liz- seems to be morphing into Tracy-She was beyond nasty last night. I was shocked when she said she was 50- I'm 50! I hope I don't look that old LOL!

Last edited by momof11; 10-28-2009 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: needed to delete something

Old 10-28-2009, 10:13 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,105,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
I'm sorry to see Abby go, too. On that team, I'd send the other blonde girl home because she is the smallest and should need less help than someone like Shay or the bigger folks. Of course, using that logic, Abby would be next on that team anyway.

Oh, and about Abby - it's not just that she experienced tragedy - sure, people do tend to be fascinated with those stories...for a brief time. Abby stands apart because of her attitude and how she is coping with the whole thing and giving back to others, too. She's not just devastated or bitter because of her loss and giving up - she is persevering and has an open heart.
I couldn't agree more about Abby. It was so nice to see her reveal and hear what she is doing now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Toosie - ITA re Abby - her attitude set her apart....What happened to Liz? Geez she turned face pretty quick didn't she? And what is her deal anyway? She is only 50??? Seriously? She looks older than my 70 yo mom. Tracey still has crazy eyes and is a sandwich short of a picnic......
Liz does look much older. Maybe she'll still be there at the makeover and they can transform her.

LOL at Tracey! So true! Friends and I were commenting about TBL on Facebook and one posted "her big googly eyes scare me". LOL

Old 10-28-2009, 07:13 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,127,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Abby was one of my favorites. But her story upset me so bad.

It's hard to lose a child(I have) but to lose 2 children and a husband, how can anyone watch with dry eyes?
When you've been screwed out of your chance to experience the joy of motherhood and a happy marriage, it is pretty easy. Better to have loved and lost, after all.

Like I said, she has lost more than I will ever have; and she still has more than I will ever have. Sorry. Dry eyes here.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:00 PM

690 posts, read 2,103,722 times
Yeah, I was definitely hoping that the blue team would lose the challenge so they'd have to send someone home. All the girls on that team annoy me--Tracy, Liz, and Rebecca. The guys are very cool, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Rudy or Allen win. And I like all the people on the black team, so last week was a sad experience for me. Danny annoyed me at first, but now that he's on his own, he seems to be acting pretty cool. His weight loss is very impressive.

I was sad to see Abby go. At first, I agreed with Danny, this was Daniel's second chance and it just didn't seem fair to give Abby the boot before Daniel. But, like Abby said, she was there for different reasons. If she got all she needed from the show, more power to her. In fact, maybe sacrificing herself to allow the people she cared about stay longer made her feel better about things. She seemed to be doing just fine in the recap. She is definitely strong. I didn't hear her whine at all...and she's been through a lot more drama than most people I know of. She's definitely an inspiration.

Alas, now that Abby is gone...I don't feel like there's another strong female to look up to. That makes me sad. I was really hoping we'd have another Tara this season.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:41 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,355,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toosie View Post
Didn't realize we had a thread for this here. This is my first season watching. It's oddly engaging! Jillian is a beast, though - yikes.

Oh, BTW - Tracy is scary and Abby is an inspiration. OMG just watched her with Jillian on tonight's episode - whoa.
Well, I'm glad you're watching. I wish you had been watching from the beginning so y ou could "know" them a little better.

Old 11-04-2009, 06:20 AM

10,156 posts, read 11,119,674 times
Spoiler
Glad Tracy is gone. No more scary eyes!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV